Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steep tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 4,174

Steep tickets

Aug 15, 2019, 10:30 PM

Dabo says Clemson "pays its own way," and doesn't draw on other university resources. A commendable achievement.

But $90 for a nosebleed seat for a Thursday night game that will only be televised on the new ACC network seems excessive.

Love my Tigers and Dabo's the man. Think about a family of four or five attending a game. Most have to sit UP THERE and buy sodas and food and make multiple trips to and from the bathroom -- there are no concessions or bathrooms UP THERE.

I'm as thrilled for the Tigers' success as anyone, and the atmosphere in Death Valley is great fun. But Clemson is pricing me and I would imagine some families out of that pleasure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine you can get cheaper tickets closer to the field at

Aug 15, 2019, 10:33 PM

a Furman game. Or maybe at Wake.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

OP be like........

Aug 16, 2019, 7:40 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I imagine you can get cheaper tickets closer to the field at

Aug 16, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to I imagine you can get cheaper tickets closer to the field at ]

Face value is $40 for Charlotte and Wofford, and $60 for Boston and Wake. Obviously games like aTm have bigger implications for the post season, but younger kids will enjoy Homecoming and Purple Out just as much as the pricier games.

Family of 4 can by nosebleed seats on Stubhub for $48

Aug 15, 2019, 10:47 PM

a piece. That seems reasonable to me! It'll probably be way cheaper outside the stadium too!

Re: Steep tickets

Aug 15, 2019, 10:52 PM

It's the price of success. It's not really Clemson, per se, that's driving that cost so much as it is the secondary market. Agree with the other commenter that you'll have much better luck getting lower priced tickets for other games. I usually give tickets away for games like Furman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as some one buys them they are not too expensive....

Aug 16, 2019, 12:45 AM

There is not an unlimited supply of seats or dipping dots so as long as they all are consumed the price is right or even can be considered low. Stop selling and the price will come down.

It is how freedom works........

ETA: Season ticket holder since '93.

Message was edited by: JParris®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 12:58 AM

I didn't realize that Dabo set ticket prices, he does have a wide reach!!

Aug 16, 2019, 1:11 AM

I think his point is ticket prices are really high if you want to watch your tigers live all season. And i understand that assessment.
Especially if you've got a family that wants to attend. That's why I limit my kids to 1 meal a day during football season to offset the cost.

It ain't Dabos fault though, your correct on that.

I

Aug 16, 2019, 1:16 AM

The price of the Tic's for the A&M game, you better limit meals to every other day two weeks before and two weeks after!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Steep tickets ]

It kind of is Dabo's fault though. If he didn't recruit so well and have the team winning National Championships every other year, I guarantee the tickets would be cheaper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 2:44 AM

Just paid $975 for 3 UQ tickets and a lot 21 pkg pass for FSU game. Throw in $600 for hotel and food. Looking at ~$1600 for one football game! That'll be my only live game this season. Been loving my Tigers for over 50 years but it's getting espensive! Guess that's the price of success.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you donate to IPTAY, buy season tickets, keep the

Aug 16, 2019, 9:25 AM

FSU tickets and sell the rest, you'd come out way ahead.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Being a Clemson fan has gotten expensive...

Aug 16, 2019, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Steep tickets ]

over the last several years, and I'm not just referring to IPTAY memberships, seat equity fees, and season tickets (both home and away games).

It has been the added cost of tickets and traveling to conference championship games (Charlotte and Orlando), CFP playoff games (Arizona, Miami, New Orleans, and Dallas), and National Championship games (Arizona, Tampa, and San Francisco).

I'm not complaining and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but it has put a huge dent in the budget.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 16, 2019, 5:42 AM

If you go to GT site you can get some $35 seats an as the seats get better it goes to 58-60. $35 is reasonable for Death Valley at night. The stadium will be rocking!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 16, 2019, 7:26 AM

That's a good first post but blaming Dabo not so good.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:06 PM

But it is Dabos fault. Of he was not winning and we still sucked like we used to, tickets would still be cheap.

Face value for a GT ticket is $75.00***

Aug 16, 2019, 8:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I feel ya on that

Aug 16, 2019, 8:20 AM

I’m taking my 12 and 10 yr old sons for the aTm game but are not going in. Fortunately we have great friends with an amazing tailgate. I really wanna go in but those tix are not in the budget at this time. We try to get up there at least twice a season. Pretty sure the next will be Wofford. That’s way more affordable and I’m pretty sure my 7 yr old daughter will be ready to take on the valley. She’s never been to a game. No way should could have sat through one before now......shoot that’s still up in the air lol!......but yeah....tix are ridiculous, but at the same time.....I never regret spending money to see the tigers play.

Aug 16, 2019, 8:37 AM

Why would someone want to sit in the nosebleed section at any price? Sight lines are terrible and it’s a long way from the action. Save enough money by skipping one game to get YouTube TV for the whole season. My couch is comfortable, food is affordable off my grill, garage fridge is full of cold beer and no hike to stand in line at the bathroom

Aug 16, 2019, 8:39 AM

Not to mention I will be in bed 15 minutes after the game is over vs sitting in traffic for three hours

^^ Not All In!

Aug 16, 2019, 8:53 AM

;)

I don't think the OP is blaming Dabo

Aug 16, 2019, 9:05 AM

as much as he's saying that he feels that the price of attending a game for a family of four is not consistent with the message that Dabo and others preach. Pretty sure he knows that Dabo doesn't control or influence that.

Where are you looking for tickets? There are tickets in the

Aug 16, 2019, 9:23 AM

lower deck on Stub Hub for less than $90. There are also tons of UD tickets there for under $50.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I see we are celebrating festivus early...ok

Aug 16, 2019, 9:53 AM

The price to fly from GSP to key west is too dang high. They are pricing me and my family out of a wonderful vacation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If you promise to get a one way ticket, I’ll chip in!

Aug 16, 2019, 10:09 AM

.... I’m sure FM, balm, bob, DSP and quite a few more would kick in a $ or $$ .....

hth?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:27 AM

Sorry bud but there are a lot of fans out there that also can't afford to go to most games and that includes me. I save up to go to one game a year. Attending a football game is a luxury not a need. IPTAY donors have paid a lot for those tickets and have the right to sell for whatever they choose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:48 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 27
| visibility 4,174
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic