Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State of the Coot Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

State of the Coot Program

Jul 3, 2019, 4:04 AM

This guy is a believer in Will Muschamp's progress .

Are You ?

https://youtu.be/s5fVV-ZhK7k

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: State of the Coot Program

Jul 3, 2019, 4:08 AM

I think he is making progress but has a very LONG way to go to have a program that will compete for SEC title.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 4:09 AM

The obvious question then ( if he shows progress and keeps his job there ) is what is their ceiling ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 3, 2019, 5:49 AM

Couldn't get through the whole show. To not mention our Tigers when talking about super building is ludicrous. Also should not mention Bama & rebuild in same sentence, they been there for at least 10yrs. Late thought....why would a guy from Jawja be a coot homer?

Message was edited by: 2k®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 3, 2019, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Re: State of the Coot Program ]

Something that I think gets lost on that fan base is this; they are recruiting better but so are many teams on their schedule. The talent gap with teams they face annually widens every year. SC finished 17th in 2019. That was behind UGA, Clemson, A&M, Florida and TN. SC is currently 18th for 2020. That's behind Clemson, UGA, Florida, and Texas A&M.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just made the same point before I saw yours

Jul 3, 2019, 7:25 AM

IMO Muschamp missed his window to actually achieve something while UGA, UF, and Tennessee were all down from what they are used to. They’re making gradual improvements but I think this is a step back year as they lose a lot of pieces on offense and they have a brutal schedule. Deebo was a game changer and Bailey and Daley were far and away their best linemen.

Re: Just made the same point before I saw yours

Jul 3, 2019, 7:36 AM

They do have a hard schedule but sometimes I think people make a little too much of it. This year they have a bad cross divisional draw with Bama - that's a beat down. Other than that, their conference schedule is what it is every year - everyone in the East and Texas A&M. It won't get much better next year, they visit LSU. Their out of conference, other than Clemson, are teams they should beat (Charleston Southern, NC and App. State).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch out for UNC and App

Jul 3, 2019, 7:40 AM

I think those ones will be surprisingly close. I think Muschamp will be given a pass for a down year because of all the excuse making for the schedule and I think he’ll lean into that pretty hard.
Hardly the first time this point has been made on Tnet, but if they were a better team (maybe not going 0-5 their last 5 against Kentucky), the schedule wouldn’t look so daunting

If they somehow manage to lose to UNCheat...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Just made the same point before I saw yours ]

which is entirely possible, they'll struggle to win four games.

Even with a win against UNCheat, I think five wins is their ceiling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Just made the same point before I saw yours

Jul 3, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Just made the same point before I saw yours ]

Good point. Sucking less means you still suck.

This is a good point***

Jul 3, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: State of the Coot Program ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: State of the Coot Program...lol

Jul 3, 2019, 6:57 AM

NO!

Tells me he doesn’t know very much about them

Jul 3, 2019, 7:21 AM

Basically says “recruit better, and be better on offense”. Far from an expert take.

I do think they’ve improved, I just don’t think it’s been a big improvement and with the way they’re recruiting I have a hard time seeing more than an 8 win ceiling. Clemson, UGA, Florida, A&M, and even Tennessee are improving at a higher clip than them and the first 4 are arguably multiple steps ahead of them right now so I think you can argue that in the next year or 2 they are going to be the 5th or 6th best team on their own annual schedule.

This is the definition of

Jul 3, 2019, 7:28 AM

A rising tide lifts all boats. Yes, their recruiting is improving. Yet, a dinghy is still a dinghy. Deeper water doesn't change that reality.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 7:30 AM

Well - yes - dug .... I'm pretty skeert of what Muschamp is building in Columbia... aren't you ??!? -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 3, 2019, 8:12 AM

State of the program: Smoldering dumpster fire.

Coach is 12-12 in conference. Only have one win against a ranked-at-the-time program - Tennessee.
Three of your division opponents finished in the top 12 last season.
The program you are able to beat are now stabilizing and improving - Mizzu, UT, Vandy? Ha!
Rivals have won their second national title.

And you got blanked by the UVA fightin' sweatervests in the Belk Bowl.

The only thing CussChamp is building at the uof5c...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:27 AM

is a good case of hemorrhoids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 8:41 AM

Virginia has already shown us what their offense looks like without Debo Samuels so I don’t see how they are going to be better on offense next season.

Hey FutureDoc!

Jul 3, 2019, 8:53 AM

Where can I find one of those there UVA Fightin' sweatervests?

Also, Columbus Ga must be hard up to talk about a Fightin' Bird Program's Possible Resurgence when they have the mighty fightin' Ga bulldawgies ready to win the SEC & then streamroll the defending national champs in Clemson for a Natty.

Saying, Boy do those SEC homers dream big, and often!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey FutureDoc!

Jul 3, 2019, 9:08 AM

Hillflint, or left around any Virginia country clubhouse. No worries if you take one, they have more and if they go unused, they will used to teach Hokies how to spell their native state's name.

Wait, didn't Forehead Jake complete two passes to the UVA golf cars? Makes more sense now.

Didn't you hear...

Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: State of the Coot Program ]

being able to hit a moving golf cart with a football automatically translates into immediate success on the field against legitimate defenses.

Re: Didn't you hear...

Jul 3, 2019, 9:16 AM

Exclusive footage of a golf car hitting a BV defense

They have a program?***

Jul 3, 2019, 8:53 AM

Re: They have a program?***

Jul 3, 2019, 9:01 AM

Yes, it's called work release.

It's like in school...

Jul 3, 2019, 9:08 AM

A kid with a 50 average gets a 100 on an assignment and his average jumps to a 60. A kid with a 98 average gets a 100 and her average jumps to 98.1. Has one made more progress? Sure! Doesn't mean he still wouldn't get his brakes beaten off in a head to head.

Did you just maff us?

Jul 3, 2019, 11:20 AM

Feels like I've been maffed!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he recruit well at Florida and still lose?

Jul 3, 2019, 10:03 AM

Some people just aren't winners, like Will Muschamp and Kirby Smart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Didn't he recruit well at Florida and still lose?

Jul 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

Decootment U will still be a dumpster fire!

Jul 3, 2019, 11:21 AM

Oops - sorry TD23, didn't see that you had already posted this. This guy almost seems to have been paid a lot to even state some of these things. Amazing.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic