Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 10 prospects from South Carolina of Rivals era
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Top 10 prospects from South Carolina of Rivals era

Jun 6, 2018, 9:40 AM

1. JADEVEON CLOWNEY
2. DAQUAN BOWERS
3. CARLOS DUNLAP
4. A.J. GREEN
5. MARCUS LATTIMORE
6. ZACCH PICKENS
7. RICKY SAPP
8. DERION KENDRICK
9. CLIFF MATTHEWS
10 MALLICIAH GOODMAN

Team Count:

CLEM - 4
SC - 4
FLA - 1
UGA - 1

https://n.rivals.com/news/ten-top-prospects-from-south-carolina-of-rivals-era

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 10 prospects from South Carolina of Rivals era

Jun 6, 2018, 9:50 AM

It’s kinda dumb that they categorize XT as a Florida recruit because he played his senior season at a prep school there. The dude was still a South Carolina recruit.

Good thing we have recruited GA and FL so well***

Jun 6, 2018, 9:56 AM

If they were good at what they do

Jun 6, 2018, 10:39 AM

they wouldn’t be working at Rivals or any other recruiting service. I have to laugh when they put a 30 year old pencil necked dork on TV and caption that person as any sort of “Football Expert”. The Coaches and players are the experts. The recruiting services are staffed with self-aggrandizing leaches, looking to make a name and a buck, based on talking about the accomplishments of others. They are experts at calling themselves experts and that is the beginning, the middle and the end of their expertise.

I wonder how come I’ve never heard Dabo refer to himself as a “Football Expert”?

Name 1 sports related Media service /outlet

Jun 6, 2018, 10:44 AM

are staffed with self-aggrandizing leaches, looking to make a name and a buck, based on talking about the accomplishments of others. They are experts at calling themselves experts "

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Split down the middle

Jun 6, 2018, 10:11 AM

Just like I would expect. I’ve always said that SC gets their share of instate recruits. Them recruiting well with highly rated instate prospects lately is no surprise so I don’t get them sticking their chest out about it. I’ve said many times that the reason our tigers are so dominant over them all time, particularly the modern era (1970+), is because we have a greater overall appeal to out of state players. You know, those kids who grew up without all the local and state media constantly pumping out chicken propaganda. Simply put we’re a better school with a better football program and most out of state kids can see that.

All that to say that we’ve had some great instate players but the numbers simply aren’t there to build two top notch programs. You have to go beyond the borders and we consistently do a better job than they do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to

Jun 6, 2018, 10:33 AM

Question their ratings skills when a current high school player is on the list...to even it up, no less...and perhaps the top wide receiver in the pros was never considered. Oh, well...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely

Jun 6, 2018, 10:43 AM

I think this is just a list of the highest rated prospects and not who actually turned out to be the best players. That leads me to my next point. We evaluate better than them too.

Re: You have to

Jun 6, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to You have to ]

Agreed. Can't put a current hs player on that list.

Re: Split down the middle

Jun 6, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Split down the middle ]

Which is funny because coot fans always joke that no one from outside South Carolina knows where Clemson is, yet big time recruits have been finding Clemson with ease for 50 years.

Jun 6, 2018, 12:04 PM

A little premature to put Pickens on that list! This must be specifically their national rankings and specific to their actual abilities?

Jun 6, 2018, 4:25 PM

The self-anointed experts can in no way observe, in person, every prospect on their list. They have to rely on others at times plus evaluate a prospect by watching film. Now, if I were a coach promoting one of my players and sent film to one of those experts, the film I send is going to be scenes that make the prospect look good. And, if I am sending film of my own playing. I will send only those plays that make me look like an All-American. Few, if any, do not make evaluations on a prospect's character, academics and other factors which may, in fact, override his talent.

However, they do provide a service by identifying players and alerting coaches so that they can make their own personal evaluations. Plus, our interest in recruiting draws us to their reports like a dead carcass draws buzzards.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn’t make sense to include kids that haven’t played

Jun 6, 2018, 10:00 PM

a down in college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 10:30 PM

wonder where 1. Freddie Solomom, 2. Isiah Moses Hipp, 3. Harry Carson 4. tony Rice would be on that list?

Jun 6, 2018, 10:31 PM

Seen many a good RB in SC but not many that could compare to IM Hipp

Jun 6, 2018, 11:24 PM

Loved Daquan but I think AJ Green should be 2

Jun 7, 2018, 9:36 AM

I know he was a bust but wasn’t Demetris Summers like a top 10 recruit? Also roscoe crosby was a 5 star was he not

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic