Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

Sure, I would love to win every game by 47 points, but that isnt reality in most cases. Yesterday that team was punched in the mouth early and often by a decent team that had nothing to lose. Remember Syracuse last year? Remember the team the weeks after? Yes, this team is different, and we dont have the same run smothering DL. But I truly believe the team will take this game and use the next two weeks to get nasty. End of the day they are 5-0 heading into a bye. Refocus, self scout and just win baby!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

Yeah I would think so. This is a critical couple of weeks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:02 AM

I felt the same. Team had to overcome and they did. Plenty to work on in practice.
Trevor and rest of team never looked worried.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake up call like we got from Nancy State in 2016

Sep 29, 2019, 9:03 AM

Let’s hope we don’t hit snooze and get an actual loss a few weeks later like we did that year.

Mack did his buddy Dabo a favor...gave us a test, exposed some flaws

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...many would have hated the 1981 Natty season

Sep 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

with 10-8 over UNC at Chapel Hill and a 13-3 struggle over UGA. Homer Jordan got it done!

Re: Agreed...many would have hated the 1981 Natty season

Sep 29, 2019, 11:11 AM

bookstore said:

with 10-8 over UNC at Chapel Hill and a 13-3 struggle over UGA. Homer Jordan got it done!

No comparison both of those teams were top 10 or top 5. Unc was a bad team that loss to App State.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have a point there, but how about

Sep 29, 2019, 11:47 AM

13-5 win over Tulane, and perhaps a 17-7 win over NC State? Our opening game with Wofford was pretty ugly until the 2nd half.
My point is that in that season, the Tigers weren't always hitting on all cylinders, but we found different ways to win. And yes, the Tigers got a lot of help through other teams losing.
UNC took away the long ball, and made the Tigers have to patiently grind. They found a way to get it done. It's a wake up call for sure, but they responded to the adversity in a positive manner.
With most of the team being freshman and sophomores, I believe that our coaches will have them peaking at the right time. Go Tigers!

Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed.***

Sep 29, 2019, 9:08 AM

Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed.***

Sep 29, 2019, 9:09 AM

Agreed! TU!

It was exactly what we needed and at the right time

Sep 29, 2019, 9:24 AM

I expect this team to look a lot better in october

Sep 29, 2019, 9:45 AM

Sure that game was what we needed, but how many people on this board could live with losing to one of the two teams( the coots being the other) that could knock us out of the CFP's.
I mean, if one game were to knock us out of playing for the National Championship, I would have rather lost to TAMU than to either the cheatholes or the coots.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:18 AM

We keep hearing from Coach Swinney every week that there were some flaws exposed that will need to get cleaned up. So tell me why the exact same messes are there week after week ? Why is there no sense of urgency to actually get the issues fixed ?

Personally I’m tired of watching TL overthrow / underthrow wide open receivers or throwing into traffic, then hearing the coaches gloss over his mistakes and inconsistencies to tell us about the couple of big throws he got right. He has great ability but he isn’t playing great. He’s merely playing good enough right now.

I’d also love to see the coaching staff honestly address our apparent inability stuff the run from the tackle position. If those guys just aren’t physical enough then do what you did in bowl prep for our second showdown with Alabama : spend a couple of days running the paw drill again like it was spring practice.

Boys, we’re gonna’ get our #### whooped if the coaching staff doesn’t get serious about making this team improve. It’s time for them to cease and desist from the coddling. A near loss isn’t enough to set off the alarm especially when Dabo keeps smiling in front of the cameras and telling everyone it’s going to be okay.....that we’ a young team and we’re improving every week. Uhm, no coach. We look EXACTLY like the team that played GT in week one. We’re not witnessing any improvement.

.....And remember that near loss to NC State at home ? We lucked out on a wide right field goal attempt, then celebrated in the locker room because “it’s hard to win a football game”.

Then what happened the very next week when Pitt rolled into town ?

Sep 29, 2019, 1:09 PM

Not saying that any of your points are wrong, but seriously, you don't just replace the front 4 we had, no matter how highly ranked the new guys are. As far as coddling, do you really believe for one second that BV coddles ANYONE? The dude is scheming with who he trusts right now, and as the DL develops he will adapt the defense. After two Titles in 3 years, I think the entire staff has earned some patience, even when, not if we eventually DO lose a game. It will be ok.

Sep 29, 2019, 1:33 PM

Not saying that any of your points are wrong, but seriously, you don't just replace the front 4 we had, no matter how highly ranked the new guys are. As far as coddling, do you really believe for one second that BV coddles ANYONE? The dude is scheming with who he trusts right now, and as the DL develops he will adapt the defense. After two Titles in 3 years, I think the entire staff has earned some patience, even when, not if we eventually DO lose a game. It will be ok.

I’m sure the coaching staff does deserve a good degree of latitude. And I doubt they do in fact coddle the players. But I can’t stand the way they refuse to publicly acknowledge problems. Hell we all see them, why deny their existence ?

If TL is all over the place with his accuracy ( and he undeniably is a lot of the time ). Just admit it and say it needs to be addressed. Don’t treat it like it’s some anomaly when it happens every ###### week.

TL was making bad decision after bad decision at Syracuse. After his second interception I was ready to see Chase Brice come in the game. You know ###### well he’d be focused and getting temporarily pulled would likely serve to get TL focused himself. That’s the kind of un-coddling I’m talking about.

Just shut up already....

Sep 29, 2019, 8:43 PM

It isn’t his responsibility to publicly tell you or anyone else his players are playing bad. They know it and he knows but don’t act like you deserve to be told that. Why? What the h$$& makes you think you deserve that. You don’t. He gets paid to win games and we are 5-0 and have won 2 out of the last 3 National Championships. Stop whining and crying like he owes you some explanation and public bashing of his players. Have some #### appreciation for what we have going on right now at Clemson because I can remember when we would be excited as he!! to be 5-0 no matter how we won.

Boo hoo!

Sep 29, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed. ]

Make an appointment with the Athletic advisors to voice your concerns.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed. ]

Lol.. you obviously have not figured out Dabos interview style. I mean, it's not Muschump style, but CDS does the best he can lol.

Message was edited by: jarheadtiger®

Sep 29, 2019, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, but I thought that game was just what we needed. ]

What year did we lose to Pitt? I thought it was 2016, but you wouldn't use the year we won the National Championship as an example would you? Not to mention that loss to Pitt was 3 games and 4 weeks later.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:50 AM

Hats off to UNC for doing it without blatant head-hunting like the Orangewomen.

Possibly, if we use it in a positive fashion, learn, and

Sep 29, 2019, 1:13 PM

improve as a result. I hope that's what happens!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly, if we use it in a positive fashion, learn, and

Sep 29, 2019, 1:50 PM

same here and with a bye week coming up there will likely be some more humble pie coming our way. plenty of problems to fix, but I think they are fixable. I hope the team will take all this to heart and come back strong

Sep 29, 2019, 8:32 PM

It was a really good wake up call, it’s what the doctor ordered. I thought it would either be them or NC State

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic