Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)...

Jul 29, 2019, 12:55 PM

sure showing your true colors today...and they're not orange and purple. Man made a decision he thought was best for him. Whether it is or not, who knows...but the ONLY acceptable sentiment is to thank him for his efforts and wish him well in the future. Period. Anything else shows a lack of perspective, empathy, and class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

save some of thesee posts for when gamecock

Jul 29, 2019, 12:58 PM

fans trash a player for not committing to south carolina when the same posters ripping feaster here trash them for doing it

Please spare us all of the lectures

Jul 29, 2019, 2:33 PM

I happen to wish Feaster well in his endeavors while hoping his team loses every game. However, I hate lectures when someone does disagree with an opinion. It is so tiresome! Freedom of speech is a good thing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)...

Jul 29, 2019, 1:04 PM

Yes and don't you know what the coots think when they see all the butt hurt tnetters on here . So we lost a 3rd string RB . I don't give a rats ### , why should any Tiger ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said he was 3rd string?***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Who said he was 3rd string?***

Jul 29, 2019, 1:08 PM

was in my book

HE DID

Jul 29, 2019, 1:10 PM

That's why he transferred......duh

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lyn J Dixon

Jul 29, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Who said he was 3rd string?*** ]

Dixon was 2nd string post spring depth chart

Jul 29, 2019, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Who said he was 3rd string?*** ]

some are guessing that Feaster was ahead of Rencher, but Feaster could have been lower on the depth chart

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a so-called "Clemson man"

Jul 29, 2019, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Who said he was 3rd string?*** ]

or woman?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jul 29, 2019, 1:07 PM

Agree to disagree. And, that is another perspective. Others can have empathy and sympathy for him without agreeing with him or supporting his erroneous and disloyal decision by our perspective. And that is class, not what Feaster would have by going to Columbia.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:14 PM

I understand 'why' some might feel betrayed...but I think that goes along with the perspective part...it's college football, he didn't defect to the Russians or murder someone. I think some of us (and I certainly did when younger) take rivalries much too seriously and personally. Above all...he's going to have a degree from Clemson University...so always a Tiger in my book.

Has he attained his degree yet ???????***

Jul 29, 2019, 4:37 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has he attained his degree yet ???????***

Jul 30, 2019, 12:29 AM

Not officially, but he can't play this year without getting it. Otherwise, he has to sit a year.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:10 PM

Thanks for the lecture. Personally, I think he's spitting in Clemson's eye. Selfish move.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:16 PM

Well, maybe that says more about you than him. I assume the '84' in your name is the year you graduated or year you were born. Either way, you are old enough to know better and not too old to receive a lecture.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:22 PM

You shouldn't assume things...because you'd be wrong on both counts. The "84" only references Clemson's marketing campaign in 1984.

There are 120 Division I-A schools that could offer as much-- if not more-- than South Carolina, which is Clemson's most hated rival. Based on Feaster's recent comments (prior to today's article on T-Net), he felt that he wasn't given a chance at Clemson. His comments are similar to Daniel Rodriguez's when he left the program. To me, his decision is partly to stick stick it to Clemson, whether he's saying so or not.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)... ]

I'm 64 and don't need a lecture from someone trying to tell me it's ok to quit a team when you get your feelings hurt. You're right, he made the decision for him, a selfish decision, just like Bryant and just like McMichael. My choice, my opinion, and don't need someone who knows less about CLemson to try and lecture me on how to be a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 4:48 PM

With all due respect, it’s pretty evident those 64 years haven’t made you any wiser. Your opinion is your opinion, and I respect that...but doesn’t mean you have to flap your hate-filled gums all over the internet. You would never dream of saying those things to TF, KB, or their parents face to face. Why do it here for recruits and the whole world to see. You don’t know their circumstance or their heart.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:12 PM

"Hate filled"????? LOL you sound like a democrat, no offense. My opinion is mine, and I don't go "all over the Internet". I voiced it here. You don't like, tough crap. Who are you again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 5:29 PM

No...not a dem, but I could have guessed what you are all about. You better hurry up and hit the early bird...Sean will be on directly.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:46 PM

Lol insults will get you no where, boy. Learn some respect. You can't win on merit, you go the insult route. Youve got a lot to learn. Yep, you know what im about. Idiot.

Jul 30, 2019, 1:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of you so-called 'Clemson Men' (and women)... ]

One thing for sure. He will have what Clemson men have .... a degree from ole Clem U.

I’m not concerned about him going to So Car. He feels like that is the place that will get him into the NFL. Perhaps it will. His years at Clemson certainly helped him prepare for this task. I’m still upset about the “28thing” but that’s something that will work out I guess.

Go Tigers . Support ETN and Dixon etc!

Jul 29, 2019, 1:27 PM

This Post = 10/10

Jul 29, 2019, 1:31 PM

Who's the judge of my true colors? Persuasion by name calling, profile degrading, insulting don't work very well. My opinion is always right in my eyes or else I would change it myself. Convince me, don't condemn me, because the opinion you hold so high and mighty should have enough evidence to do that. Otherwise it's not that sound of an opinion.
Where is your perspective, empathy and class that I'm so lacking of?
He should have never, out of over 100 good colleges went there, but you don't empathize with me on that? Where is your empathy????
You are really showing some class saying I'm not true orange.
Calling me a "so-call 'Clemson Man' shows your warped judgment, MR JUDGE!

Jul 29, 2019, 1:43 PM

Your opinion is your opinion...but that doesn’t mean you still can’t take the high road and wish the man well. Maybe my post is a bit preachy, but what I have seen on tnet today does not embody the true spirit of Clemson and that bothers me...it should bother us all. As for empathy for you...why? What TF is doing is not a personal affront to you. If you see it that way then I don’t know what to tell ya. He has fulfilled his commitment to Clemson and vice versa...he will have a Clemson degree...he’s a Clemson man and deserves all the respect that goes along with it.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

Lord help us all if what I read on Tnet is indicative of the true Clemson spirit.

Jul 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

It's also not a good look w/ potential recruits reading the negative posts.

I put this up on other thread earlier

Jul 29, 2019, 2:17 PM

I hope he rushes for 200+ every game, breaks SCAR single season records in 11 games, then gains ZERO yards rushing with ZERO TD against Clemson, skips out on SCAR Independence Bowl bid, and has himself a nice NFL paycheck. (*) (**)

He seems to be a fine young man who dedicated 3+ years of his life to Clemson. Don't hold this inexplicable decision against him too much.

(*) If he did this, he'd be breaking George Rogers record of 1,894 yds and Marcus Lattimore's 17 TD singles-season records. That is to say, a RB who was going to be 2nd or 3rd on Clemson's depth chart would be the best back to ever play at SCAR. Bailing out on the bowl game saves his knees and further cuts the heart out of SCAR. If all this comes to be accusing Dabo off planting him at SCAR just to stab them.

(**) Alternate scenario: I hope he rushes for 200+ every game, breaks SCAR single season records in 11 games, then gains ZERO yards rushing with ZERO TD against Clemson but it's not enough as SCAR goes 0-12, and has himself a nice NFL paycheck. This works for me too.

P.S. Has he actually graduated yet? If he fails to graduate, he can't transfer, right? I hope he's got his schoolwork straightened out. Would hate for that to bite him after all the derision he's taken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I put this up on other thread earlier

Jul 29, 2019, 5:09 PM

And he can come in 3rd in the Heisman running, behind TL and ETN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Calling Calling Out and Shaming Other Clemson Fans/Alum

Jul 29, 2019, 2:44 PM

Because their position on an issue is not the same as yours???? Shame on You....Your logic fails here. I am making a decision to not like the Feaster decision AND that is BEST for ME, how dare you try to scold me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Calling Calling Out and Shaming Other Clemson Fans/Alum

Jul 29, 2019, 4:54 PM

I don’t care who you hate on...just don’t see how it benefits any of us for you/others to do it here for the whole world to see. How dare I indeed...

Jul 29, 2019, 5:14 PM

Not your place to lecture anyone. Stop while you're not so far behind.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: So Calling Calling Out and Shaming Other Clemson Fans/Alum ]

And another thing, "for the whole world to see"??????? LOL now your posts keep getting weaker.

Jul 29, 2019, 2:59 PM

I hope TF has a great year on a personal side but I hope the team loses every game they play. I’m under the impression that anything good for the gamecocks is bad for Clemson, period. I fear that once TF gets that gamecock stink on him it will be hard to get it off. That’s something he will need to deal with. If a pro contract is his goal, I would argue his best path would be thru Clemson, but it’s not my call. Good luck TF and I hope you lose every game.

Jul 29, 2019, 4:32 PM

Thank you. I'm embarrassed and sad. It would break my heart if I thought Tavien would see any of these hurtful comments. Pretty sure many are coming from bandwagon fans rather than our grads.

Jul 29, 2019, 4:34 PM

I've got nothing to add, just wanted to get on this thread and feel the vibe. Yikes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 5:08 PM

I dislike and wish for all gamecock players to preform poorly in the field. Now TF is no different. I will always hope for a 0-12 season for them. You can’t be a tiger and a gamecock. Sorry.

Jul 29, 2019, 5:08 PM

I dislike and wish for all gamecock players to preform poorly in the field. Now TF is no different. I will always hope for a 0-12 season for them. You can’t be a tiger and a gamecock. Sorry.

There was a time when Clemson Men went by these

Jul 29, 2019, 7:36 PM

discipline
teamwork
confidence
humility
equality
courage
respect
responsibility
perseverance
honor, pride
esprit de corps
leadership
integrity
success
loyalty
life
duty

Sad you don't understand what they mean, or expect present Clemson Men to live up to them.

(Glad all those Clemson men who served our country didn't just "do what was best for them."

https://www.clemson.edu/about/military.html

Re: There was a time when Clemson Men went by these

Jul 29, 2019, 9:35 PM

I'm gonna end on this one, because more than some of you trashing a young man because of a perceived slight, it doesn't do any of us any good to bicker like this.

I could argue that your defense of those who would treat a young man with such disrespect actually dishonors the sacrifice of those Clemson Men you so skillfully co-opted. However, I'll simply say that regardless of whether we think TF has lived up to this legacy, many of us (myself included) have ourselves failed to live up to these ideals today...especially humility and respect.

For my part in this, I apologize. For those that still can't see the fault in their disrespect of the young man, I hope you come to understand that the list and legacy above isn't only reserved for those with whom you happen to agree.

Jul 30, 2019, 1:30 AM

I appreciate what Feaster did at Clemson, but I do not see wishing him well in the future, at least not on the football field. I'm not going to wish any other UofSC athlete well. I hope that he does well off of it, but I hope his total yards has a (-) sign in front of it at the end of the year. I support the other athletes that have left Clemson, but they did not choose to go somewhere that we will see them outside of post season.

This is not a case of if you are not with me, then you are against me. Feaster made a choice to be on the other sideline on November 30th. I would be surprised if there was no thought of wanting a chance to prove the coaching staff wrong, and if that is the case, then he is much more concerned with his personal performance than that of the team. That is a big difference from the other transfers that I can think of offhand, who I see wanting to be a larger contributor to a team.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to mine. In the future, you might try to avoid prejudging any disagreement to yours as being wrong and classless. We do not wish Feaster ill will outside of his performance, but many of us have the opinion that going to our rival shows a lack of loyalty. Feaster was aware that these opinions would be prevalent when he made his decision and so now he gets to learn about his new fanbase that will not include me.

I thank him and tell him he's making a mistake.

Jul 30, 2019, 11:51 AM

he'll figure it out eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, I take it you don't tolerate intolerance?

Jul 30, 2019, 12:42 PM

Am I right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic