Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So with the loss of a corner back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So with the loss of a corner back

Jul 19, 2019, 6:13 PM

We now will have another scholarship and obviously a need at CB for that scholarship, with Elias Ricks intending to visit at some point in the season (maybe the cookout??) we could end up getting some traction on him.

But on the bright side I would think this says a lot more about the talent coming in with Booth, Jones, and DK all at their first year at CB they probably are playing dominantly leaning Kyler towards the portal. Muse raved about Thornton playing very well at DB and Booth being "that dude" at CB, Jones really showed his stuff in the spring game and if his weight can go up expect big things from him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would guess we’ll pursue Henry Gray again

Jul 19, 2019, 6:17 PM

Ricks would be awesome but not sure how much traction we’ll be able to find there. Need LSU to drop a couple and get some uncertainty.

With all the DB’s we just brought in, the timing of this would indicate that McMichael’s snaps were going to get cut into

Re: Would guess we’ll pursue Henry Gray again

Jul 19, 2019, 6:23 PM

We are only losing AJ after the season so we don’t need another CB take in this class. Especially with the options for 2021 being arguably higher rated than our realistic options for 2020. This scholarship will probably go towards an over sign at DE (Burch) or LB (Flowe)

Jul 19, 2019, 6:51 PM

We were so thin at CB we sent a WR over for practice. It ended up working but losing Terrell Muse Wallace is going to need to be filled before 2021 recruiting class.

Jul 20, 2019, 7:59 AM

We were thin because our two McMichael and Goodson were injured. Terrell, Booth, Jones, Goodson, Dawkins, and DK. We lose Terrell after the season and replace him with Davis. We don’t need another CB for 2020. DK essentially took McMichaels spot when he switched to Defense.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Would guess we’ll pursue Henry Gray again ]

Henry Gray is not a take even with scholarship, his decline of performance has lost other options as well.

Everyone says Booth is gonna be a SUPERSTAR.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:23 PM

I wish McMichael would have stayed, but like KB, he saw the writing on the wall.

~JKB

If a player is good enough, they will play. Need depth

Jul 19, 2019, 7:41 PM

Need to rotate lots of DBs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do we really need to use that ship on a CB since we moved

Jul 19, 2019, 7:26 PM

A WR to CB?

I’m pumped to see what Sheridan Jones and Booth can do this year.

Re: do we really need to use that ship on a CB since we moved

Jul 19, 2019, 7:32 PM

Davis and Mickens will be ready to step in next year as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

Where else do we need? WR is loaded, LB we took 5 last cycle and have 2 committed this cycle, TE we need but have one that will come back next year after suspension and one committed. OL we're filled this year, DL we're only pursuing 1 more, QB is filled with DJU, RB we pulled in 2 already this cycle and 2 last so we're done there. We will lose 5 DB's this year with Terrell Muse Wallace Johnson and now McMichael (off the top of my head) and that's for a position again that was so thin we put a receiver there before the freshmen showed up. I could see us putting an extra recruit in the back 7 before anywhere else really right now due to this transfer.

I’d rather bring in another big time safety

Jul 19, 2019, 10:47 PM

And try to get a couple blue chip CBs next year.

Those safeties can grow into the hybrid LB spot that has become a game changer for us.

We’re good on safeties

Jul 20, 2019, 7:11 AM

Signed 4 last year and have Mickens coming in 2020

Jul 19, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to do we really need to use that ship on a CB since we moved ]

Jones is a baller no doubt but I have heard the coaches mention his weight not being where it needs to be yet and it's a concern. Talent work ethic and football smarts are no issue as seen in the spring game but he does need to gain weight I've heard.

Re: So with the loss of a corner back

Jul 19, 2019, 7:52 PM

Doubt we take anybody, and pocket the scholly for 2021. The top 2 corners in ‘21 are both better than any available corner in ‘20, and both love Clemson.

Jul 19, 2019, 8:24 PM

Ringo or Ricks I can assure you are takes if we can make progress with either. I do really like our chances with 2021 CB's as we were going after them harder.

Jul 20, 2019, 12:42 PM

Who was the recruit that appeared to want us, but we were full at his position? I believe Jeff Scott told him “you never know what happens with recruiting.” I want the now available scholarship to go to that kid.

Jul 20, 2019, 2:10 PM

Younger Ngata - RB, I believe.

Want to say there was some thought (at least on the boards) of using him much like an Artavis Scott for jet sweeps and in the short passing game more than as a RB.

We preach family. Ngata is family, if he wants to come take

Jul 20, 2019, 2:13 PM

him. His older brother is going to be a star at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 1:00 PM

Who was the recruit that appeared to want us, but we were full at his position? I believe Jeff Scott told him “you never know what happens with recruiting.” I want the now available scholarship to go to that kid.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:38 PM

Reggie Grimes... and No, that’s not going to happen

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic