Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So with Koby Pryor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So with Koby Pryor

May 6, 2019, 11:42 AM

Do we still take Ngata? D. Ngata highlight tapes are insanely good!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So with Koby Pryor

May 6, 2019, 11:47 AM

Pryor is definitely a good back. Its concerning that he ran a 4.83 40 yard dash though

When was that and under what conditions?

May 6, 2019, 11:48 AM

4.83 is glacial. That's approaching OL/DT speed.

May 6, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: So with Koby Pryor ]

Check his latest 100M time he just ran. Kid is not a blazer but I would not be too concerned about his speed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see any way we would take 3 RBs

I think it would have to be Bownman + Ngata or Pryor.

Unless some others are leaving and we haven't heard yet***

May 6, 2019, 12:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Already lost Feaster, ETN will most likely leave and Rencher

May 6, 2019, 12:08 PM

graduates. Was hopeing Ngata will still be a take.

Just my opinion, but Pryor was given the go ahead after Elliott checked one last time with Evans last week. Pryor will be a Tiger on the 18th.

Kobe***

Re: Kobe***

May 6, 2019, 11:54 AM

Why do you want to screw up our per/recruit average (heading for an all time record) by signing a 3-star just because he is from GA? Hope he picks Auburn.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

Pryor will end up a high 4*

May 6, 2019, 1:15 PM

He'll be inside of the top 100. Book it.

Snowflake Basher........Out

May 6, 2019, 11:56 AM

https://twitter.com/josephngata/status/1125121196993810432?s=21

May 6, 2019, 12:52 PM

Why would you take an early commit from Pryor, this a guy we could probably flip if needed right before signing day, there's still elite talent with interest in Clemson.

So I saw Dabo was in Houston at a Rockets game, WHAT IF:

May 6, 2019, 12:07 PM

Dabo also "was in the neighborhood" of Zachary Evans and Zach says, "Coach, I want to play for you."

Do you drop all other possibilities and say, "Absolutely, we'd love to have you." or do you play the field a bit longer and see how things play out??

Re: So I saw Dabo was in Houston at a Rockets game, WHAT IF:

May 6, 2019, 2:07 PM

Evans could be the most talented RB out of high school since Peterson. If he commits to Clemson it doesn't matter if we're full at RB or not you don't say no to that kind of talent. With that being said I don't, and never felt like we had a shot with Evans. He's said a few times he's wanting to stay in Texas.

May 6, 2019, 2:09 PM

NGata isn't a take if Pryor commits. That being said I think NGata is a better back as of right now. Pryor's speed is very concerning especially since he doesn't kill you with his size. 10 pounds lighter than ETN and a half second slower in the 40 raises some questions.

May 6, 2019, 2:27 PM

Saw in the Tigernet write up that he likes Georgia, but they haven't made an offer, UGA knows RB's, why no offer?

May 6, 2019, 3:39 PM

Here is my .02 from the very little information that I have read, and my understanding of our coaches' recruiting philosophies.

1. I don't think that we are in it with Evans. I think he wants to stay closer to home and is a package deal with his HS OL friend (4 star). I don't think that friend has any interest in playing for Clemson and even if he did, we are full on OL at this point. Dabo has said in the past that no one player or coach is bigger than the program, so I don't see him bending his plan to get a guy when we have someone who is almost as good.

2. Either Ngata is not that interested in Clemson or he doesn't have a committable offer. Him waiting doesn't make much sense. Being his brother just went through this process last year, he likely came with him on his visit to Clemson and I thought he came for the Spring game too. The point being he knew what Clemson was all about a year ahead of most recruits and hasn't committed yet knowing that Bowman committed and that we are likely only taking two. If he is interested maybe the coaches determined that he is not a take?

3. I don't know much about Pryor other than what others have said on this board. His lack of an offer from Georgia and his high interest in them is not a great feeling. As someone else said Georgia seems to really know RBs it's odd that they wouldn't offer a really good one in their own state who really likes them. Also out of his top 6 schools only Georgia didn't offer. To have a school that didn't offer in your top 6 to me means that they are probably his number 1. Therefore if we take Pryor now and turn other RBs away, if Georgia offers late will he decommit?

May 6, 2019, 4:00 PM

Ngata being a take with Bowman in the fold doesn’t makes since if Ngata doesn’t want to play in the slot. Pryor is a good player and is a much better duo in this class with Bowman. We need backs with different skill sets.

May 6, 2019, 8:01 PM

I like this Pryor kid. Physical back that’s fast enough. Like someone said, I like the change of pace opposite Bowman. Pryor looks great for short yardage, catches the ball very well, and I would imagine he will stick his nose into a defender in pass protection. Blue collar and blue chip in the same film room has served us well. UGA is a concern, but he is a fall back obviously for them, and I doubt they miss on all the backs atop their board.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic