Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So last night my wife (no pics) asks me if I can
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

So last night my wife (no pics) asks me if I can

Feb 28, 2014, 8:42 AM

build this for my son's (5 years old, still no pics) classroom...

He attends a private school in South Charlotte that we pay tuition (not a lot, am not rich because I still type poor) for but yet parents are expected to do things like this. So naturally, as a man I put my foot down and said "Not just no, but he!l no"

So tomorrow I'm going to go start picking out the wood for it. Between now and then though, is it easier to build this shed, or burn down said private school?

With me building it, there's a decent (99%) chance it will look closer to this when complete:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You should hire bigthump, he's good with shít like this***

Feb 28, 2014, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

you're a wizard-genius!!!

Feb 28, 2014, 8:45 AM

a weenus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you ringed?

Feb 28, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to You should hire bigthump, he's good with shít like this*** ]

Actually about to start a couple projects at home.

Gonna build this for my mom: (just the table to go with their rocking chairs on the front porch)

Other project: Our half bath off of our kitchen I'm going to do some bead board on the walls to about 5' high. Gonna be a fun one, but should look nice.

South Charlotte Private School & Not Alot for Tuition do not

go together. HTH.

Also, hire someone to build it for you since you have so much disposable income.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless by South Charlotte you mean Chester, SC and by

Feb 28, 2014, 8:45 AM

private school you mean Chester High School.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please do not make fun of my modest

Feb 28, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to South Charlotte Private School & Not Alot for Tuition do not ]

7,500 SF home. Tough to make ends meet in this economy. Thanks Obama!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You going to play 18 at Charlotte Country Club after brunch

Feb 28, 2014, 8:50 AM

at the City Club?

#poorfolk

or Quail Hollow?***

Feb 28, 2014, 8:51 AM

Had to skip brunch, have a meeting

Feb 28, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to You going to play 18 at Charlotte Country Club after brunch ]

with an engineer and architect to design said shed

whale whale whale, I am an engineer in uptown, and I fancied

Feb 28, 2014, 9:02 AM

a life as a wealthy architect when I was little. I may be able to help you out. My consulting fee is a $10,000 base with an hourly rate of $350. This size project should be designed and permitted in no more than 6 months, pending erosion control approval. I will send over an Hourly, Not to Exceed contract in the neighborhood of $55,000. Does this sound ok?

I would like to counter offer with a maximum of

Feb 28, 2014, 9:05 AM

$75,000 and not a penny less

Lemme check with my lawyers about my errors and omissions in

Feb 28, 2014, 9:07 AM

#### it, I'm game.

I bet you can buy one cheaper than you could buy materials.***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

No doubt. But a cheap one would look cheap.

Feb 28, 2014, 8:46 AM

His wife wants it to be pretty>functional.

That's why you let the kids paint it themselves- then ART!***

Feb 28, 2014, 8:47 AM

#ACCFTS

Yeah, the one his greedy teacher

Feb 28, 2014, 8:48 AM [ in reply to I bet you can buy one cheaper than you could buy materials.*** ]

identified is over $1,000. Plus there would be far less profanity used if I were to just buy one.

It's also a good lesson for the wife to not ask me to do things like this if the end product looks like a post tornado trailer park

This would also teach her a lesson.

Feb 28, 2014, 8:54 AM

The value of money.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Arrow-Brentwood-Steel-Arrow-Shed-5x4/4764770

$232

Plus it frees me up for golf

Feb 28, 2014, 9:01 AM

Instead of working on a shed for a month and a half

Something like that should be pretty easy.

Feb 28, 2014, 8:46 AM

Im not sure how familiar you are with this kinda stuff, but when I worked at my mission camp a few summers ago, we had a manual to show us step by step how to build a porch roof along with the other things we needed to construct (steps, ramps.. etc)

I have attached a link on how to build a porch roof, for it is very similar to what you will be putting on your shed. HTH

http://www.carolinacrossconnection.org/sites/default/files/porch_roofs.pdf

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Thanks! Not sure why everyone else hates you

Feb 28, 2014, 9:00 AM

;)

I'm confused, are there no Messicans in South Charlotte?***

Feb 28, 2014, 8:47 AM

We chased them out a long time ago and

Feb 28, 2014, 8:50 AM

forced them to live in shanties out by the airport. HTH

Send pigs

Feb 28, 2014, 8:48 AM

Of lady goats

That I can do

Feb 28, 2014, 8:51 AM

Re: So last night my wife (no pics) asks me if I can

Feb 28, 2014, 8:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

SIIHB****

Feb 28, 2014, 9:03 AM

Re: So last night my wife (no pics) asks me if I can

Feb 28, 2014, 9:51 AM

If you (or a friend) has a Costco membership, there's this:

http://www.costco.com/.product.100027041.html

Would be perfect to buy, assemble quickly

Feb 28, 2014, 10:06 AM

and pretend I did it all from scratch.

Thanks

Note that is an extremely light wood that breaks easily.

Feb 28, 2014, 10:17 AM

Especially when you try to move it once assembled. I would suggest building it in place.

Did some research on this.

Feb 28, 2014, 9:56 AM

Plans by Anna White. Beware, while she makes good plans (I've built a bed, dining room table, bench, about to build a little side table from her plans) you need to go through them and make sure they actually work first.

On the bed part, her plans called for 1x4s and the plans were written for actual 1" by 4" boards. Nothing some quick calculations can't fix, just don't go in without thinking the whole project through.

Thanks for the advice

Feb 28, 2014, 10:08 AM

I generally don't think any projects through, which may be why said projects end up looking like a 2 year old's art project

DUDE!

Feb 28, 2014, 10:09 AM

That is an AWESOME punishment shed. Kudos on adding one to your school!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man

Feb 28, 2014, 10:24 AM

Totally inspired by Mike Leach. I'll probably fly a pirate flag on top of it as a nod to his greatness as a disciplinarian.

So.....

Feb 28, 2014, 10:11 AM

What's a wife?!?!?

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

A wife is the

Feb 28, 2014, 10:21 AM

hetero equivalent to your "partner"

Except more bossy and with more mood swings

Re: A wife is the

Feb 28, 2014, 10:47 AM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

That'll work just fine....

Feb 28, 2014, 10:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic