Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The new ESECPN Mantra.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,465

The new ESECPN Mantra.

Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 AM

I have heard this now from 3 different announcers at 3 different intervals, so it is not a random error. They are evidently being told to refer to us (Clemson) as winning National Championships "2 of the last 4 years". Instead of, as factual, 2 of the last 3. May be a small distinction to some, but do not believe it is an unintentional "error". Arsewipes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad I could care less about ESPN***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So glad I could care less about ESPN***

Jan 14, 2019, 1:30 PM

Lol, well said Tiggity

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The new ESECPN Mantra.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:04 AM

Clemson's been to the CFP the past 4 years and won two of them. Fact. Saying "two of the last three" is factual but is a slight to the 2015 team that was in the finals and almost pulled it off. Unwad your panties and realize that not everything said on ESPN is directed as a slur on Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't buy it. If I used your logic, I would say that Clemson

Jan 14, 2019, 9:07 AM

has won the last two Championship games in a row in which they have appeared. (Which is also factually accurate.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: The new ESECPN Mantra. ]

When they say "2 of the last four" and dont mention the other 2, it makes viewer say "huh, who won the other 2"?

They then look it up and the result is "Oh, it was Alabama".
What do you typically remember the most about the movies you watch or the TV series you follow? The last few minutes, or the last few episodes.

Meaning the final conclusion viewers remember is that "Alabama won 2 of the last 4", which indirectly takes the focus off of Clemson.

And yes, it is true Alabama won 2 of the last 4, but that takes the focus off of Clemson as a result and attempts to diminish our accomplishments.

I bet you if the subject were Alabama, they would carefully word their statements to make sure viewers are totally focused on Alabama and not leave the statements open ended, causing viewers to lead themselves to look up Clemson.

They are ESPiN - the CNN of Sports***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:05 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

^^ FACT, and so good at propaganda to be possible members of the Communist Party!

Jan 14, 2019, 9:10 AM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ or worse - democrats***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:16 AM

Re: ^^ or any politician******

Jan 14, 2019, 10:17 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

We have played in four playoffs. Clemson has played in only three finals and has won two of them. We have played in four semifinal games and have won three of them. We are five for seven in playoff games!

Jan 14, 2019, 9:19 AM

Does it really matter? Next year, if the SEC doesn't come home with the "NATTY" they will spin it some other way.

I already know what that will be. They will probably use it

Jan 14, 2019, 9:43 AM

some this coming year, to keep the Bama dynasty on top. Here it is:

In the modern era, there is only ONE school that has won 3 out of 4 (outright, not shared) National Championships. That school is Alabama. 2009, 2011,2012. With a win next year, we will tie that accomplishment.

And, NO, I am not counting UCF's ridiculous claimed championship last year as Bama having a shared one, going forward.

Had it not been for us, Bama would now be on a run of FOUR in a row, which, as much as I EVER hate to agree with anything Stephen A. Smith says, would have ruined college football. So, even if you dislike Clemson, you should thank DW4, Renfrow, and this years team for saving college football. :)

Re: I already know what that will be. They will probably use it

Jan 14, 2019, 3:27 PM

You may not, but the NCAA and the record books do.

Meaning, Alabama cannot claim 3 out of 4 undisputed National Titles. We can.

Re: I already know what that will be. They will probably use it

Jan 14, 2019, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I already know what that will be. They will probably use it ]

If it hadn’t been for Bama Clemson might be on a run of 4 in a row. Maybe it’s Bama that’s “saving” college football.

We have won 2 out of the last 4

Jan 14, 2019, 10:13 AM

we have also won 2 out of the last 30

Hmm. Sounds too much like Coot logic, where they have

Jan 14, 2019, 10:19 AM

won five of the last ten versus us. True, but utterly not indicative of current trends.

Jan 14, 2019, 12:46 PM

Then again I've heard several talking heads say, "Clemson beat 'bamer 2 out of the last 3" or "Dabo has beaten saban 2 out of the last 3". Besides, we have always thrived as the underdog.

Jan 14, 2019, 1:12 PM

Not plane nor bird, nor even frog,
just little old us, UNDERDOG.

:)

Or, even older: Using the beta capsule, Hiata becomes ULTRAMAN!

someone call the wahhhhhhhhhhhhhambulance***

Jan 14, 2019, 1:16 PM

Jan 14, 2019, 2:05 PM

Heck, I'm still savoring the joy from our 44 - 16 beat-down of the Red Elephants to dwell on anything else and will continue to savor the joy I am now experiencing. I just don't have the time or inclination to even listen to or read anything about any other subject. But I do reserve a little time to imagine what our football team will accomplish over the next few years.

I don't know what I have done to deserve it but I thank The Lord for letting me hang around these 97 years just so I could see the Tigers get to the top of the hill.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You watch/listen to a lot of ESPN***

Jan 14, 2019, 2:51 PM

Yes, especially now, since I want to see them fully digest

Jan 14, 2019, 3:32 PM

their crow. Finebomb particularly looks green around the gills. And I love it.

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic