Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception

Sep 24, 2018, 5:28 PM

Just saw that in the Tony Elliott video. Didn't know that before.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception

Sep 24, 2018, 5:37 PM

I think Dabo mentioned that in his post game interview as well. ETN didn't complete his assignment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason Etienne didn't come back to start the next

Sep 24, 2018, 5:38 PM

series, but that TL did.

^ This ^

Sep 24, 2018, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception ]

His assignment was to catch the ball, regardless of the path it took.

Sep 24, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception ]

I think Dabo called it a "Bang..." play, such that ETN was supposed to bang into the TE before catching the ball. ETN did not bang into the TE effectively, and then TL made a mistake by not throwing the ball away. So, both players were at fault. They made a mistake - it happens. A learning experience. :)

why would ETN hit our tight end?***

Sep 24, 2018, 6:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what? why would he be hitting an offensive player?

Sep 24, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: So I see Elliott said it was ETN's fault for TL interception ]

He is supposed to hold his block for a second or two but he didn't. You have to sell the blocking to get a free release. Position was bad as well as he was right in front of Gage.

why do the coaches call out ETN specifically

Sep 24, 2018, 5:41 PM

For mistakes more often than most of our other players? Do they think he needs humbling? Trying to explain why he doesn't play more plays?

Because they want him to reach full potential & be a high _

Sep 24, 2018, 5:45 PM

NFL draft pick.

im sure they work with every player about their mistakes

Sep 24, 2018, 6:02 PM

But they don't tell them all to the media. I think it's then just explaining why ETN doesn't play more because they know we can see the insane talent he is

Re: why do the coaches call out ETN specifically

Sep 24, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to why do the coaches call out ETN specifically ]

Maybe because he makes more mistakes that end up being costly?

I doubt the coaches have a vendetta against Etienne. They know how good he is but it’s the little things that can make him great

But why make a specific point of singling him out?***

Sep 24, 2018, 6:13 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But why make a specific point of singling him out?***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:55 AM

CM Shack said:

Quit being a snowflake

Not sure you know what that word means,

Sep 25, 2018, 11:53 AM

or maybe you chose to use it incorrectly

Covering their #####***

Sep 24, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to why do the coaches call out ETN specifically ]

Re: Covering their #####***

Sep 25, 2018, 2:37 AM

Please...Dabo owns it when he's at fault. Always has always will. Definitely not covering his own a##.

Dabo calls out ALL players but undoubtedly you aren’t

Sep 24, 2018, 7:20 PM [ in reply to why do the coaches call out ETN specifically ]

paying attention. ETN said he liked the RB rotation which kept them fresh!

He is very green

Sep 25, 2018, 2:32 AM [ in reply to why do the coaches call out ETN specifically ]

But the upside is tremendous

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is very green

Sep 25, 2018, 2:32 AM [ in reply to why do the coaches call out ETN specifically ]

But the upside is tremendous

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Middle Screen is a bad Play Call

Sep 24, 2018, 6:18 PM

There are way too many bodies within arms reach of the ball. It’s way to easy to get a tipped ball that the D easily picks off. At that point in the game, We were moving the ball at will and it really wasn’t needed.

Sep 24, 2018, 9:34 PM

exactly ........coaches messed up on that one so if they call anybody out it should be themselves......Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Sep 24, 2018, 9:41 PM

Uh no. It’s a good play when executed. I swear it makes me laugh sometimes when people expect the coaches to not call plays that fans find difficult lol i’m pretty sure we have elite talent on offense and should be able to run whatever the coaches call

Sep 24, 2018, 10:06 PM

and I guess you like all those bubble screen passes for 2 yards......when we probably have the best college QB in the nation that could hit a bull in the rear end at 50+ yards.......and yes our coaches do screw up sometimes just like ANYBODY else......Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 25, 2018, 3:59 AM

So do you realize that correctly executed screens are an important part of a well rounded offense or are you uneducated in football knowledge?

Sep 25, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Middle Screen is a bad Play Call ]

How do you take it that i like our bubble screens b/c i said the MIDDLE SCREEN (keyword) is a good play? No. I can't stand our bubble screens with KB for multiple reasons. They worked last weekend vs GT with Trevor though b/c he gets the ball out there so fast. Yes our coaches absolutely screw up from time to time. I'm not one to say they never mess up by any means. Especially OC. But to think just b/c it messed up 1 time we should just scrap it is beyond me

The first thing i said to my wife after that play was that

Sep 24, 2018, 6:24 PM

it didn't look like anyone involved had ever practiced it. Travis might be the most to blame, but the whole thing looked off. Everything was too quick. Etienne released without blocking at all and kind of tipped the play to GT (you can clearly hear somebody for GT yell "SCREEN"), but Cervenka also seemed to turn and run upfield to block too quickly. If the rest of the play had developed properly he probably gets a penalty for blocking downfield because Etienne was beyond the LOS.

Sep 24, 2018, 7:04 PM

Yes ETN was supposed to cut left more

Sep 25, 2018, 2:00 AM

I thought that the oline guy released from his block and turned to run upfield and the ball bounced off his helmet.

Sep 25, 2018, 2:09 PM

Yes he did, but if ETN would've bounced left like he was supposed to then Cervenka wouldn't have been in his way.

As others have stated

Sep 25, 2018, 12:06 PM

The play was not well executed. ETN missed an assignment, but TL shouldn't have thrown that ball where he did either. So the blame should be on multiple players, not just ETN. Therefore, I personally don't think ETN should have been called out as being responsible for the interception publically. Keep that junk in the team meetings.

Sep 25, 2018, 1:48 PM

It was not Etienne's fault, now was it Trevor's fault. It's WILSON's fault for making a defective product. The ball did not perform up to standards when it didn't follow the correct path to the player for which it was intended. This could be a major defect in the design and manufacturing of the ball. I demand WILSON go back to the drawing board, throw away all former designs and start over. The Russians surely have hacked into WILSON's private servers and infected their process with some type of malware! The FBI should immediately stop all further investigations and bring this to the forefront of AMERICA! Where is Bob Mueller when AMERICA really needs him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic