Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should we expect to take the Series this weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Should we expect to take the Series this weekend?

Feb 27, 2019, 9:17 AM

I noticed that South Carolina wasn't in any of the Baseball Preseason Top 25 Polls (one listed the Top 40 teams and they weren't even in the Top 40). That struck me as odd, as they're always blabbing about their BB program. Do they have a young team this year?

Those that know more about NCAABB than me, should we expect to take 2 out of 3 this weekend (or better)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Should we expect to take the Series this weekend?

Feb 27, 2019, 10:00 AM

uh it is the coots and it aint wimmens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not very informative, but i see your point

Feb 27, 2019, 9:21 AM

cheers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Always.***

Feb 27, 2019, 9:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we use Sharpe down there.

Feb 27, 2019, 9:39 AM

I know he's a freshman, but he seems to be very mature and I think he can handle the pressure.

He also has looked the best so far this season.

Our pitching seems good, our speed is greatly improved, we're making less errors this season. If we can get a little better base hitting like we had last night I think we can sweep them.

But then again, baseball is a funny game.

Thx Bengal, so we look to be the better team at this point?***

Feb 27, 2019, 9:46 AM

Best Is The Standard

Re: Thx Bengal, so we look to be the better team at this point?***

Feb 21, 2023, 8:46 PM

We’re tied with them on homeruns hit ytd. They tend to strikeout a good bit as do we. We’ve both played about the same competition and have the same record. They’ve had one breakout game like we had last night but as BengalBilly said, funny game.

Should we expect to win the series. Yep, series win would be great. A little surprised they’re not closer to being ranked but this early in the, year rankings aren’t much and neither is stats. Small sample.

Being objective, of course I’d love a sweep, series win-extremely pleased with that but even if they take the series won’t mean we’re bad. Competition wise, about even.

We’re younger team than they are and the future extremely bright. Growing pains with two true freshman pitching. Strider, donathan, and Raffield going down hurt... but we may just overcome it! Going to be an exciting year watching the young guns grow up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thx Bengal, so we look to be the better team at this point?***

Feb 27, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Thx Bengal, so we look to be the better team at this point?*** ]

Our pitching should be the advantage. The rest is close

Feb 27, 2019, 10:42 AM

I don't know much about the coots, but baseball is all about match-ups.

It will come down to our pitchers vs their hitters and vice versa.

I imagine that each team will be facing their toughest test to this point in the season.

I would love to get 2 out of 3 again. A sweep would be a bonus.

Feb 27, 2019, 10:48 AM

^^^^ said it better than I ever could ^^^^ and a whole lot less words.

I’m excited about this weekend. Good measuring stick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 11:12 AM

On their cootlumbia sports radio yesterday, they sounded really concerned about this years series. And they are concerned a lot about our ability of base stealing and our power at the plate.

It looks like from highlights that Jordan Greene is on fire***

Feb 27, 2019, 11:56 AM

Best Is The Standard

Feb 27, 2019, 12:02 PM

Clemson always expects to beat South Carolina. That is what makes us Clemson

Feb 27, 2019, 12:32 PM

2 outta 3 is fine with me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2019, 12:46 PM

Just like Meatloaf sang "2 outta 3 ain't bad "

Feb 27, 2019, 1:56 PM

Great matchup for us. Their Friday and Saturday pitchers have been wild thus far. Mlodzinski has walked 8 in 8 innings. Harley has walked 5 in 6.2 innings and has a whopping 9.45 era. We will take our walks but must get big hits. They’re defense is very shaky so I see lots of unearned runs this weekend.

Scar’s catchers=awful. Cullen nor berry hill can block or thrown anybody out. Hall, Teo, Davidson and Meredith should be able to steal at will this weekend. If we get timely hits I think we blast them the first 2 games.
Sunday I’ll worry about when it gets here but with Wrobleski getting behind in counts and their pitcher Reid Morgan’s ability to throw strikes with movement prob favors them Sunday. Like I said though, if we beat them Friday and Saturday scar’s attitudes will be defeated and their fans won’t show up for a rainy Sunday rivalry sweep.

Scar has hit the ball well and with power but I expect our pitching will be get it done because it’s Andrew See’s group. He’s one of the best. Scar will finally face some decent pitching and fold. We will be facing better pitching too but I feel like our bats are coming around now. Would like to see Meredith in RF. I think that would be set with Wilkie and Hack rotating games

thanks

Feb 28, 2019, 12:28 PM

WeSkrong

Best Is The Standard

Feb 28, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Should we expect to take the Series this weekend? ]

Welcome back??

Mar 1, 2019, 8:13 AM

Thanks 577 lol

Feb 28, 2019, 2:55 PM

It's hard to beat pretty good teams three straight, so two out of three will be a good series. I think winning the first one at Clemson will take some of the pressure off and we could sweep them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes we should

Feb 28, 2019, 3:34 PM

Key will be winning @ home on Friday. Sat w/ Davis on the mound (compared to their starter) should be a W for us.

Hope we go ahead & take the wins @ home & Greenville since the weather Sunday is looking bleak. See that game having to be rescheduled for later in the year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2019, 8:13 PM

The Coots lost all their pitching from last year , so it’s good we get them early. Their starting pitching this year so far has not been good so we should be able to score some runs.
Our team is so young we really don’t know what to expect but this weekend will give us a good gage.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic