Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches & beat-down!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches & beat-down!

Jan 17, 2019, 5:33 PM

I really do even though he’s been here many times before with staff leaving wholesale But this time it involves a major blow-out by Clemson, Saban being older (67?), players worried a little more that their position coaches are gone..

AND players nation-wide are learning they can win Natties at Clemson, be around a fun & loving HC & the staff is very stable.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches!

Jan 17, 2019, 5:35 PM

I honestly think so as well. They haven't lost nearly this many coaches in a single year. I think they lost Kirby after 2015 but replaced with Pruitt, then lost Kiffin and Sarkisian in 2016 but replaced with a decent OC and then lost Pruitt last year, but this year they lost like 5 coaches?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches!

Jan 17, 2019, 5:35 PM

So are you saying that Ol' Nick might Kirby this year ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Kirby will find a way to #Kirby and blow it agaisnt Bama

Jan 17, 2019, 5:39 PM

Again. #soonenough

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 5:41 PM

Saban isn't a great coach, he's a great recruiter. He even said that exact thing when he was hired at Alabama.

The Bama Bag Man is still loaded.

So long as they keep getting 5*s at every position, even though they can't coach them up, they will still win and still put them in the League. But these are NFL-type guys from the get go. They aren't taking walkons and 2*s and putting them in the NFL. They are taking guys that are #1 at their position in HS and making them bigger and stronger. But the crazy sick talent is already there.

So, I'm not sure how much the coaching changes matter so long as they have #1 recruiting classes year after year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 17, 2019, 6:16 PM

I thought I heard he has no remaining coaches from the 2016 season.

It's like the person that gets divorced 5 times. At some point you have to think...maybe it's you that's the problem?

Jan 17, 2019, 7:53 PM

I read somewhere the only two coaches that have remained with him since 2014 are the strength coach (juice man) and his recruiting coordinator (bag men). Obviously I added the part in parentheses but the rest is true. interesting ??

the HGH man and the bag man coordinator? lol***

Jan 17, 2019, 8:21 PM

Jan 17, 2019, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches! ]

So, I'm not sure how much the coaching changes matter so long as they have #1 recruiting classes year after year.

I've been reading all over the web that coaching turnover cost Bama the championship

Re: Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches & beat-down!

Jan 17, 2019, 6:18 PM

we can only hope so. Never been a fan of his.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shoot me but I think Nick Saban is in trouble (this time) with wipeout of coaches & beat-down!

Jan 17, 2019, 6:36 PM

Your are right but not all of the potential downturn will be from coaches leaving. It will be due to the beatdown they took at the hands of Our Tigers! The effect that will have on their psyche and the confidence they had that nobody can beat them. This will filtrate to other teams that thought that their big brother couldn’t get beat that bad while Saban is there. However they might not get Alabamaed(intimidated) before kickoff is and take them down too!

Now let's go live to Coach Saban for his reaction

Jan 17, 2019, 6:25 PM

You were slobbering all over alabama all season

Jan 17, 2019, 6:27 PM

were you wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just might be right, Bill***

Jan 17, 2019, 7:44 PM

Jan 17, 2019, 7:56 PM

I thought one previous coach (Sark) was actually coming back. If so, the guy was pretty darn good IMO, and Saban will continue to excel in the weak SEC. I expect to see Saban in the CFP once again next season.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:05 PM

Saban will lure in the next down-on-their-luck coach who just got fired somewhere, ala Butch Jones, ala Kiffin, ala Sarkisian.

At this point, coaching at Alabama is simply a 1-year resume builder for the next job. I can’t fathom why other schools don’t use this against Bama more often. Maybe the Bag Man has more credibility than the truth.

He is in trouble! Dabo! Kirby! Mullen!

Jan 17, 2019, 8:21 PM

With Jimbo Fisher in the SEC West along with the coaches in the subject line - he is in big trouble. Especially if and when he takes another "L" to the mighty Tigers! The perception that the only place you can go to both win a NC and get into the league is Bamer - will be completely put to bed.
Players say it all the time - they will come to a school b/c it's a great school. But, they often choose a position coach even over their own comfort or love/like for a school. Relationships is what i'm talking about. And, if your with bamer recruiting a kid early(soph) then you leave and the kid knows "YOU"; the kid goes to where that former assistant is!
At 67 and folks seeing the scowling angry version of him as opposed to the fun-yet disciplined approach other coaches take. It won't be long before they start getting serious cracks in the armor! I think they have serious issues already!
For one, while Sarkisian did well when there last time, the offense wasn't as explosive as it was with the two OC's who just left. Everybody could clearly see that - no questions! SEC-pn analyst even recognized that and glowed about it non-stop! This is why they proclaimed them the best ever! Because they seemingly could score at will and they "was Alabama" on defense! But, they basically gave their competition too much credit and over-hyped them b/c they scored a bunch of points! But, the best team they faced prior to Georgia(LSU) they had two weeks to prepare for. LSU was not great offensively. Yet, with many opportunities b/c of the ineptness of LSU's offense; they only managed 29 points. 7 of them late in the game.
They are about to go back to being two TE. Run heavy and play action pass off that. Sarkisian may not mix well with Tua's skill set and Hurts is gone! Will they have great players; yes. Will they still win; yes. But, they are no where near unbeatable. Not by a long shot; and that's the beginning of the end for Nikki. Plus, players aren't going to want to put up with all that scowl when they can "still get in the league and have fun"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is in trouble! Dabo! Kirby! Mullen!

Jan 17, 2019, 8:25 PM

I thought if Hugh Freeze didn't "muck it up" Ole Miss had a chance to de-thrown nikki. He did beat him like two years in a row right? Out recruited him one year! But, they didn't bring home the bacon. HF didn't have NC winning coach on his resume. Jimbo does though. Dabo does. And, both coaches continue to pump the NFL full of talent. H.S. Coaches will eventually stop telling their kids: "if you want to be considered one of the best go play for nikki saban"!
That's his real problem: "it's being done in a more personable way in other places; and kids are getting in the league"! And winning national titles!

Re: He is in trouble! Dabo! Kirby! Mullen!

Jan 17, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to He is in trouble! Dabo! Kirby! Mullen! ]

Bama fans have convinced themselves Saban has orchestrated all of these guys leaving because now that he's gotten this monster recruiting class he doesn't need recruiters, he needs actual coaches which he's bringing in to return them to #1.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:34 PM

His coaching staff may not be stable but he will Always have a stable filled with 5***** recruits

I thought the most significant thing he said was during halftime of the game. He said Clemson's success was the result of their copycat of things other teams had success against the Tide and they had not practiced for that.

That's not a flattering comment. I don't know of a coach who doesn't study film. Does he think his team and coaching is so good they don't need to study film?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 8:45 PM

Joe21® Yes! Yes, he thinks they are that good. He thinks they win b/c he is nikki satan and that those assistant coaches and coordinators are lucky to be on his staff. It didn't take the rest of the month for those coaches to get the heck out of dodge to get away from this guy. He will never admit it; but he is feeling the pressure to win #7 and catch BB. When you factor in his age - the sense of urgency has to be high; which means his intensity and "tolerance level" likely went down. Nobody wants to be around that; not when it has been done in a more family way elsewhere. Coaches all around the country are starting to get away from Nikki Satans model. Sure he will get 5* players as long as the perception is out there "that's where you go to get drafted"! But, with Kirby at UGA, Jimbo at A&M I see him losing out on players to both of them! You put the Clemson model against the football factory and "it's no contest"! If all he has is the ability to get 5 star talent - mind you there are only maybe 10 or less that are 5 star each year! He still won't survive; unless he starts treating his staff better! Check out BV talk about 5 star recruits! Johnny 5 star versus a 3 star guy who has raw good measurables and is willing to work! 2.7 stars is the average star rating for NFL starting OL.
When the draft comes and Clemson has just as many players go pro - H.S. coaches watch the draft! It won't be long! It is now; but it won't be long!

Saban will be fine but we broke Bama...

Jan 17, 2019, 8:44 PM

....just to mean that I have serious doubts they make the CFP next year but other than that they'll finish top 6.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban will be fine but we broke Bama...

Jan 17, 2019, 8:53 PM

ClemBert® broke them down "shotgun style"! Perhaps as another poster said, "other teams will show up to play and not be defeated before the game starts against them now"! They won games LY and I swear it looked like the other team didn't even try. The "invincible vale" has been lifted and now; if they half step in a game and (most teams have at least one game like that a year where they sleep walk) they will get beat. But, the SEC proved during bowl season it was over-hyped and over rated. Maybe they have better teams and actually challenge bamer! I think so, and I think they lose a game during the regular season. I see them missing those OC's more than people are giving credit.

Sark is good; but he is a west coast offense guy; nothing like what Tua has learned the last couple years! I see it being a struggle for him; b/c he can be impatient and want to chunk it. His 5 star guys shouldn't be giving up 34 points to a "lowly big 12 team" or 44 to a ACC squad. Johnny 5 star if not coached up hits a plateau and never improves! He hits that plateau if the coaching is uninspired and not motivated b/c the HC doesn't inspire them to coach up johnny 5 star.

Re: Saban will be fine but we broke Bama...

Jan 18, 2019, 6:48 AM

I was at the Alabama-Mississippie State gane in Tuscaloosa. MSU didnt even bother to show up. Alabama walks through the SEC because most of the teams say "why bother".

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic