Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's amazing we have the best WRs and DLine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

It's amazing we have the best WRs and DLine

Jan 1, 2019, 10:56 AM

In the Nation, but Can't draw a pass interference or hold to save our lives. But you can believe they'll be quick to throw one on our DBs. I hope Dabo really presses the officials on this early.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is a mystery.***

Jan 1, 2019, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: It's amazing we have the best WRs and DLine

Jan 1, 2019, 11:07 AM

It's the holding calls that don't get called on our DL that puzzles me

Jan 1, 2019, 11:10 AM

Its kind of like our DL being held so often. Its like the ref's attitude is you guys are too good to need the rules everyone else should play by. I have never seen such inconsistency on PI than versus ND

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:35 AM

I agree, I've always compared it to Shaq in Bball. Just to dominant so they just allow the opponent to do what they need to do.

Shaq got away with plenty of bulldozer work inside!***

Jan 1, 2019, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq got away with plenty of bulldozer work inside!***

Jan 1, 2019, 12:38 PM

He was dominant and it changed the way refs officiated for him is the point. He also got a lot of offensive fouls for just being to big

why do our DBs get so many touchy PI calls. it makes me nuts***

Jan 1, 2019, 11:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 11:37 AM

Exactly! The refs were giving us PI calls in a hurry, but they wouldn’t even throw a flag when two ND DBs are holding Tee the entire time. We have to beat the refs and our opposition each game it seems.

Jan 1, 2019, 12:10 PM

Yeah, agree with pretty much all said above. And I don't know WHAT can be proactively done about the biased officiating but it's getting out of hand so I wish we or the school reps could figure something out.

I said in another thread it'd be nice if somebody that has enough of a voice for them to actually listen/read the comment to get a message to the CFP folks or sponsors of the Natty (instead of just the officials or NCAA directly who are the ones biased) to call attention to the disparity in treatment between Bama and Clemson.

So that way hopefully it would become an awkward point of contention if the bias starts to show itself in the game that someone important would say something to someone in the NCAA or officiating crew (or crew's conf heads) that might feel obligated or embarrassed into reigning it in by the 2nd quarter or so...but I'm probably just dreaming and being optimistic.

But anyways, whoever says whatever to whom, it definitely needs to be said leading up to the game or right before it starts so you plant that seed in their head about the different treatment of the two teams. Basically need to shame them into calling it fairly.

Among other things that should be said, something like..."Isn't it AMAZING that given the fact we have one of the best if not the best D Line in CFB, isn't it AMAZING that nobody ever bothers to hold us? Ever thought about that ref/important CFP rep etc? Just wanted to point that out. Enjoy the game!"

Jan 1, 2019, 12:15 PM

I think calls are going to make this game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they throw personal fouls on the early cheap shots

Jan 1, 2019, 12:23 PM

They always come out and do this. Is there a way to get those called? They hit mike Williams and Deshaun Watson on the first couple drives to take them out. One wasrieben foster Russian cicleing Deshaun after he threw it and one was a helmet to helmet hit by tony brown on mike Williams on a curl route. Still pisses me off.

Re: I hope they throw personal fouls on the early cheap shots

Jan 1, 2019, 12:42 PM

Oh yeah, you can believe the head hunting and cheap shots will be in full effect early. They tried it with DW and MW, but couldn't knock them out.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic