Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sergio Allen: 'It is a great feeling to call myself a Clem..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Sergio Allen: 'It is a great feeling to call myself a Clem..

Jul 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

Sergio Allen: 'It is a great feeling to call myself a Clemson commit'

Clemson offered 2020 Rivals250 linebacker Sergio Allen late in March when he was on campus. On that day, Dabo Swinney and the Tigers started to make their move for one of the top juniors in the Peach State.

He added offers from Florida and Oregon this week. The 6-foot-2, 215 pound linebacker out of Fort Valley (Ga.) Peach County picked up offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech and many others last year.

He feels Clemson is the right place for him.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

"I just committed in front of the whole staff," said Allen. "I surprised coach Dabo Swinney when they were in a meeting. Coach (Todd) Bates and coach (Brent) Venables walked me in there while Dabo was talking and he stopped — he didn’t know what was going on and I told everybody I’m ALL IN!"

"My mind has really been made up for a while. The coaches, the players, the family atmosphere there is what led me to commit to Clemson. It is a great place.

"I have had a strong feeling for Clemson ever since I had the offer. Since they offered me when I was up there for a visit, I have been high on them. I just have a great feeling when I am there around the people.

"I have gotten close to coach Venables and coach Bates. I told them about my decision about three weeks or so ago. Coach Venables knew first and when I told him, he started screaming and he got real excited.

"I had to think about my decision for a little bit because it is a big decision and I am committing early. Some feel I may be making a decision too early, but I feel at home at Clemson and it is the right place for me. I really did not have to think about it too much.

"Auburn is the school that is second on my list. I like them a lot, too, but I just feel best at Clemson. The environment at Clemson is right for me.

"I got my mom up there, she is good with it, so I have committed to Clemson. I am just so thankful to have this opportunity. I am blessed to even have an offer from a school like Clemson. I am more relaxed now, there is no pressure anymore and it is a great feeling to call myself a Clemson commit."

RIVALS REACTION

Allen is in love with Clemson - at least the way he talks about the Tigers makes you think that. His heart has really been set on Clemson for a couple of months. He has contemplated other visits this weekend, but he decided to take his mother to Clemson and to make his decision. This is a very good get for Clemson on and off the field. Allen is a strong football player and he will be a leader at Peach County the next two seasons, but who he is off the field makes his commitment that much more valuable. He works hard, he loves to compete and he is a linebacker who could project at inside or outside on the next level.

He also has great hair, so that helps him stand out, too.

https://n.rivals.com/news/sergio-allen-it-is-a-great-feeling-to-call-myself-a-clemson-commit-

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also a great feeling when we beat out Bama

Jul 27, 2018, 10:29 AM

for a top quality recruit. Allen seems like a quality guy from a great family!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sergio Allen: 'It is a great feeling to call myself a Clem..

Jul 27, 2018, 10:35 AM

Wait, I just spent the last week hearing from USCjr fans and their media how Clemson was a disgrace to the state because one player decided to dance for 15 seconds. Also was told that recruiting would take a nosedive and possible NCAA infractions would come.

How the hell does Clemson land a great student athlete like Allen then?

Re: Sergio Allen: 'It is a great feeling to call myself a Clem..

Jul 27, 2018, 11:27 AM

People are still talking about that? I guess that's a benefit to not living in S.C. anymore - I don't have to hear any garbage from SCar people.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic