Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seat Equity Plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 5,379

Seat Equity Plan

Jul 30, 2017, 10:25 PM

If I understood this correctly, I donated $800 per seat times 4 ($3200 total). I have been a IPTAY member for 5 years, my seat assignments ended up in the $100 per seat section ($400) , will there be any refund of the difference? There must be some small print somewhere, RECORD YEAR IN DONATIONS! Don't get me wrong, I'am true Tiger fan!!! Just curious, thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seat Equity Plan

Jul 30, 2017, 10:42 PM

Since when do you get a refund for donations from any nonprofit organization?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 30, 2017, 10:58 PM

Oh, I must have mis-understood. I thought that the Seat Equity Plan donation was associated with the amount of donation times the number of seats (tickets) you were requesting. My fault, sorry for the confusion.

Aug 13, 2017, 7:05 PM

I agree.

Aug 13, 2017, 7:07 PM

I to would like to improve my seats however seat equity doesn't mean what you think it means.

The seat equity is the minimum donation for the seat

Jul 30, 2017, 10:56 PM

If you have 4 seats in the $100 area, you have to give at least $400 to maintain the location. There isn't a refund, but you are building points that will help you in the future - when seats come open (someone has to not renew, so usually by kicking the bucket...) the person with the highest points that has requested seats gets the open ones.

I'm giving higher than my equity and happy to do so - I want an upgrade!

Re: The seat equity is the minimum donation for the seat

Jul 30, 2017, 10:59 PM

Thanks.

You completed step 1

Jul 31, 2017, 7:43 AM

Donate the minimum to get seats where you want.

You failed step 2. Hope 4 seats become available in the area you want.

Then step 3. Hope you have more priority points than any1 else who wants those seats.

Yes, no refund.

Step 2 is the tough one. People will not give up seats after a NC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Step 3 - Seats are allocated 1st by IPTAY Level then ...

Jul 31, 2017, 10:54 AM

Priority Points within that Level.

So you could have been giving for 40 years but someone could come swooping in and give at a level higher than you for one year and they would have priority over you (for that year).

They would still need to have more points than anyone else at their level that wanted the available seats (if there were any seats to come available at all).

Well yeah

Jul 31, 2017, 11:52 AM

That's why I posted you have to hope you have more points than the other people who want those seat.

Your example is possible but unlikely.
Some one would have to donate A LOT more money than you to over come the 40 points you got from donating for the last 40 years.

Or you could just know the right people. Which I dont.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

but they can never take your seats away

Jul 31, 2017, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Step 3 - Seats are allocated 1st by IPTAY Level then ... ]

if you donate the minimum for the section your seats are in, no matter what someone else donates.

theoretically, if all of the $800 seats are taken, and there is 100% renewal, someone who "swoops" in with even a Million$ donation could not get seats in that section.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2017, 12:48 PM

Welcome to the club. I think that seat equity plan was just a way to get more donations. I talked with someone at the ticket office and they said that they don't check to make sure you are in your "correct area." But yeah, if you are donating more than everybody else around you, I would argue that when openings become available you should get upgraded.

Jul 31, 2017, 3:09 PM

The bottom line is that it doesn't make sense to donate more than what is required for your section if you are satisfied with your seats. By donating more, there is no guarantee that you will get better seats. I tired that about 10 years ago and gave a bunch of money and my seats did not mover a single section or row. My seats are OK, so I just decided that I would no longer give more than what was required for that section.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2017, 5:43 PM

That's true, but you may lose your parking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 31, 2017, 5:20 PM

Well, look on the bright side. Next year, you will only have to donate $400 to keep those seats.

Now the "Orange" level may not get you the parking that you want, so there is that to think about.

And trust me, your current donation level is checked every year to make sure you meet the seat equity plan minimum for your seat locations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be a while before small donations get great seats

Jul 31, 2017, 5:56 PM

We are likely to keep winning and when that happens people give more.

Jul 31, 2017, 6:07 PM

Just so you know, 96% of the season ticket holders in the lower deck renewed their seats. That leaves 4% up for grabs. They are assigned first by the current level, and then and only then are the history points used for tie breakers. So maybe there were ~2000 lower deck seats available this year.

Aug 1, 2017, 3:15 PM

You cant really determine the results that way because we don't know who the 4% was. If I were to guess I would say that they were new members who sat through one season and quit. I'm sure their seats were crappy and they didn't renew and this year's new members ended up with those seats. If any seating requests were honored it likely moved some folks down a few rows or to isles. I know donors that have been in the upper deck for over 20 years and have not been able to move.

Aug 13, 2017, 6:18 PM

I'm not sure where you are going with that, but my point was that there were only 2000 lower seats available this year (no matter who had them before). Granted, most are probably not the greatest seats in the house. But, generally speaking, folks prefer lower over uppers.

Now, the OP was wondering why he didn't get better seats after giving at a certain level. I simply pointed out that with only 2000 lower seats available for reassignment - and given the key factor on who gets dibs on those seats is the current year's IPTAY level -you will likely need to be McFadden ($6000) or higher to have a chance. jm2c

Replies: 18
| visibility 5,379
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic