Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw Saban at a conference today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,190

Saw Saban at a conference today

Jun 13, 2019, 11:17 PM

He is a powerful speaker. I was really enjoying the talk. He was making a point about success being hard to maintain and he used last years team as an example. They blew everyone out so badly that they got cocky and complacent and when it came down to the title game they were so overconfident they just didn’t work hard enough, No mention of any issues with his coaching. So there you have it straight from Lil Nick’s lips. It was overconfidence.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw Saban at a conference today

Jun 13, 2019, 11:19 PM

Tired and overconfident. Being really, really tired had to have something to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Got the confused. If they didn’t work hard enough, then how

Jun 14, 2019, 7:27 AM

could they be tired and worn out?

AND if they got overconfident from whooping up on the SEC, then how good could the SEC be?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Saw Saban at a conference today ]

Whole team should probably get their thyroid checked.

Jun 13, 2019, 11:20 PM

Oh yeah , that . And also getting the #### beat out of you .

Jun 13, 2019, 11:24 PM

But I thought the SEC was such a tough grind and they were worn out.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 14, 2019, 4:58 AM

And to think before this happening, ESPN and the likes always said that teams had to have SEC type schedules to be in condition to win the tough games in championship type competition. Now they say that competition wears them out to much for playing in championship games. It do get confusing with how the SEC want to be known as/for, it's either the competition was to hard or to soft for the reasons they win or lose!!!

Excuses, excuses, and just more excuses, they will find a reason for why they did or didn't, but it always has to end with them with just EXCUSES!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 11:33 PM

Alabama Factor - AF acronym.

Actual interpretation: Am FrigginCU’sbiaatch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw Saban at a conference today- right

Jun 13, 2019, 11:57 PM

it was all them being over confident. Not like Clemson did anything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 12:49 AM

That's fine and dandy that he admits they were overconfident, but when does the @$$ whip factor that we were just better in every aspect going to get acknowledged? He halfassed did it after game, but ever since it's been nothing but that ###### canoe Finebaum and the other "experts" just talking about that "daunting" SEC schedule that did them it (never mind they won by almost 30 a gsme) fudge em all in the booty hole

Jun 14, 2019, 6:33 AM

I think it was the CU2 factor. Clemson University did it again.

Jun 14, 2019, 6:38 AM

Yeah, getting beat by a better team couldn’t have possibly be the case...........Had to be overconfidence, fatigue, that tough SEC schedule where their avg victory margin was 31 points, or something cause we know Bama was really the better team, right?

And missing the Alabama Factor. And minnuh errs.***

Jun 14, 2019, 6:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And missing the Alabama Factor. And minnuh errs.***

Jun 14, 2019, 6:55 AM

Lol. At one point he did say Minnie errs. I laughed out loud and got a sharp elbow in the ribs from my wife. M

Sat in 4th row with my National Championship sweatshirt on.

Jun 14, 2019, 6:58 AM

Go Tigers!

Jun 14, 2019, 7:43 AM

Saban and crew never had a shot at winning the game. Our defeat the year before added to the return of Wilkins insured the outcome. Saban was so flustered at the half that he all but admitted that he and his coaches had failed to adequately prepare his team to play us. So if Alabama was overconfident, it started with the coaching staff. How many times are we going to have to beat Saban before we get his attention? Funny thing is, I do not believe we will face Alabama in the title game. I believe we will repeat as champions over the Dawgs.

Jun 14, 2019, 8:24 AM

This does seem like the year for UGA to finally tame the Tide. He's gotten from us a vastly improved version of his own defensive game plan.

The only question is, can he adapt well enough vis-a-vis Saban now that he's in his 4th year?

Jun 14, 2019, 10:48 AM

Would love to see the Tigers chew up the dawgs.

Jun 14, 2019, 11:42 AM

Last years team would have been the perfect team to have played the dogs with, and I was hoping that they got in last year bc I believe that there wasn't a team in the country at the end of the season that could have beaten us. I believe we would have beat UGA just as bad as we beat Bama or ND. Even if either of those two would have purposely knocked TL out of the game, I think we could have still won with Chase Brice behind center bc, our defense was great and we had to many weapons on offense for any team to cover or stop us!!!

I guess they couldn’t afford Dabo.***

Jun 14, 2019, 7:59 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic