Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday November 10th is LARGE ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Saturday November 10th is LARGE ...

Oct 29, 2018, 10:19 AM

I know, I know ... take em one at a time. But let's be honest, Louisville is playing football about as well right now as Bobby Petrino drives motorcycles. Wilkins might get his opportunity to play QB this weekend.

BUT make no mistake - Saturday November 10th at Boston College will be no joke. I expect the Eagles to go to Va Tech this weekend and pickup a win. IF that happens, we will be taking on a 7-2 team with only one conference loss. They finish in Tallahassee and home against the Cuse. Lose this game and we will need help to get to the ACC Championship Game.

Other notables about the weekend of 11/10:

- There are zero other matchups that weekend between two ranked teams, other than Miss. State @ Alabama (which is a snoozer). IF BC wins this week I honestly think this will be where GameDay posts up on the 10th. Unless there is a small college venue game that weekend that they tryout, I think they would likely make their first appearance at Boston College.

- I think we get a 6-day hold for this game. If we are at night, it will be cold. This will add to the "toughness" factor they will preach about BC that entire week.

- BC runs a fast-paced three TE oriented offense. They move the TE's around a lot and cause confusion in coverage. They have a 245 lb. running back that runs a 4.5 forty yard dash. They are physical. They also do not shy away from a trick play or two. They ran a WR pass on a couple occasions against Miami, and kept that defense off guard for most of the game Friday night. This will not be a game that we need to sputter out of the gate our first three series on offense.

- The Red Sox are done. The Patriots are on the road the 11th. A 7-2 BC team on at prime time with GameDay in town might generate the largest crowd we have played against at BC (will it be a sellout, no - but it could potentially be a large crowd).

- The SEC will be salivating to see a Clemson loss. The ending of the Kentucky/Mizzou game was a joke. You think they wanted that UGa/Kentucky matchup to be a top ten game? That interference call was garbage - The WR initiated contact by literally pushing that DB's head. If Kentucky is a top ten team then so is Virginia. Pitiful. We would beat Kentucky by 30 points. All that hype will be over this weekend when UGa smacks them around like they tend to do almost annually.

So with all that said - my point is that this BC game is a huge game for not only our playoff chances but our ACC Championship Game chances. We will need to be ready, disciplined, and fired up for this contest. We are definitely more talented - but isn't that what the FSU narrative is year after year?

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WIN and We clinch!!!

Oct 29, 2018, 10:32 AM

is that what you are saying?

100% ...

Oct 29, 2018, 10:38 AM

Beat BC, and I think we throttle Duke, Carolina, and whoever is left from the Coastal in the ACC Championship game.

If anyone is keeping track

Oct 29, 2018, 10:37 AM

it will also be an orange pants game for our team. Regardless of their win or loss vs VA Tech and our win or loss vs Louisville this weekend, a win in that game would clinch the division for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If anyone is keeping track

Oct 29, 2018, 10:58 AM

Excuse me, but I believe that should be "britches" and not "pants". ??

It should be pants...I hate the term britches.***

Oct 29, 2018, 11:05 AM

Re: It should be pants...I hate the term britches.***

Oct 29, 2018, 11:09 AM

U must not be from around here.

Re: It should be pants...I hate the term britches.***

Oct 29, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to It should be pants...I hate the term britches.*** ]

I hate the #### woo hoo too but I still have to hear it. I'd rather hear us scream "britches!" during tiger rag instead of that gay ### woo hoo

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If anyone is keeping track

Oct 29, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to If anyone is keeping track ]

Beat me to it!

Re: Saturday November 10th is LARGE ...

Oct 29, 2018, 11:10 AM

+1

All points are valid, except that you missed something...it'll be time for the Orange Britches!!! I think Clemson clinches the ACCCG if they beat BC (given Clemson and BC win this week). I think we wore them last year against FSU when we had the chance to clinch the division.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:11 AM

Why is "I know" always followed by a "but"?

Similar to, "I get that, but...", or

"I understand what you're saying, but..."

No "buts"; head down and focus on the task at hand.

This excellent BC game analysis should be updated on Saturday night and re-posted next Sunday.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:26 AM

BC is strong in the offensive line and that is always a plus for any team. Our heralded front linesmen will have their toughest test of the year. This is where the depth that the coaches have developed all year will really show up. This likely will be a close game through three quarters. I sure hope the New England weather doesn’t play a part in deciding the winner!

I can see improved play in our defensive backs in the last few games and that is a real plus. Have we had a PI called recently? I thought our big weakness would be at linebacker but some young guys have really stepped up in recent games. The importance of developing depth should not be ignored. The coaches have shown a lot of confidence in the newer kids and that will pay huge dividends as we enter the “Championship Drive”!

We got called for PI this weekend.

Oct 29, 2018, 12:41 PM

nm

LOL

Oct 29, 2018, 1:04 PM

We’re going to roll BC. They’re one dimensional on offense and decent but nothing special on defense. We will get up multiple scores on them, putting them in a position where they can’t rely on the run game and it’ll only get worse from there.

Re: LOL

Oct 30, 2018, 5:23 PM

I hope you are right. The OP read like a tech manual.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WE Need BC to be tough! CU still wins!

Oct 29, 2018, 1:15 PM

No doubt BC will be tough. I like their HC and really their whole program. Tough;hard nosed kids! They know who they are and don't try to be anything but. And, will whip your back side if you don't play ball! But, the Tigers have handled them in the cold at night before and I see us doing it again. They have a mobile QB who can sling it and a good rushing attack. A pro looking OL. But, we have BV. We have depth on DL and should be able to stay fresh enough to keep the running lanes jammed up so AJ Dillon can't do much. The QB is more accurate on unscripted plays; though he can/will throw strikes out of the pocket! If given the choice - you make him beat you there as opposed to allowing him outside the pocket for unscripted offense! And you jam up Dillon. Even in the cold if we can do that we have a great chance of winning; remember it's cold for them too! That football even when you are acclimated to it is hard to catch!
Offensively they won't get out of position much! They will likely play the same way FSU and NCSU did. Not allow Etienne to beat them! In cold weather it is sometimes harder to throw it. See Tom Brady allegedly deflating footballs as exhibit A.
They will make us pass it; but that's where they will get burned. Some of our guys if they do catch it will be nightmares for their CB who are physical; but not that fast! So imagine a slant to Amari going for a TD. Or a dig route going for big yards b/c we shook them after catching it.

Let's hope they put all their hope on it being so cold we can't execute! They are a good football team and don't need it. But, they are over matched and the Clemson players know this one thing! Win that game and you are one step closer to playing IN A MUCH WARMER ENVIORNMENT! Like Texas or Florida!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff

Oct 29, 2018, 11:26 PM

We'll get an idea of how Clemson stacks up to BC after Saturday, since they played Louisville at home and won by 18 and Clemson, of course, plays Louisville Saturday. BC is only favored by 2 over VT. Thinking that the fact it's at Lane Stadium is the reason for the close spread.

I think BC is another one of those teams that will look good

Oct 29, 2018, 11:50 PM

Re: I think BC is another one of those teams that will look good

Oct 30, 2018, 1:41 AM

No worries Trevor will carve them up and that D-line will be hungry to move forward towards their 2018 mission.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM

Extended forecast: Sunny with high of 51 and low 40. 20% chance of rain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 12:02 PM

They did get beat by the Wolfies. Should we study that film and the Purdue beatdown film as a precaution. Just reminding the coaches to think of that. LOL.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic