Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban wants Bama to play 10 P-5 opponents every year. Have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,300

Saban wants Bama to play 10 P-5 opponents every year. Have

Aug 16, 2019, 3:11 PM

not most schools being doing that including Clemson for some time.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/08/09/nick-saban-power-5-games-alabama-schedule-ncaa
">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban wants Bama to play 10 P-5 opponents every year. Have

Aug 16, 2019, 3:24 PM

That's gonna be exhausting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 3:52 PM

Yes and he would cry the loudest if the in state Auburn game was an additional OOC game and the SEC added games.

Re: Sorry, I have to correct you.

Aug 16, 2019, 4:08 PM

Saban IS WILLING to play 10 Power 5 opponents every year, but he will not have Bama do it unless everyone else does, too.

This is aimed at the other SEC schools, not us or the ACC schools. He wants the freedom to stub his toe but still make the playoff over other SEC teams. If he schedules up, he wants the SEC to require the other SEC schools to do it, too.

Besides, if he were to schedule those games tomorrow, he will be retired long before they happen. This is an easy offer to make, because he will never lose a game because of it.

This is actually a reversal of Saban's previous attitude. When he came to Bama in 2007, they had home-and-home series on the books that were played in 2010-2011. However, Saban refused to schedule any more, because playing 4 road games at SEC campuses was enough.

Since Saban began at Bama in 2007, Saban has only played 2 true road games Out Of Conference vs. Power 5 opponents. 2! 2! That's right, 2!
The 5-times-in-the-last10 years-national champion has won more national championships than road games.

Here is Bama's entire Power 5 out of conference regular season schedule since Saban has been at Bama:

2007 FSU (N) Loss
2008. Clemson (N) Win
2009. VaTech (N) Win
2010. Penn St (H) Win, Duke (A) Win
2011. Penn St (A) Win
2012. Mich (N) Win
2013. Va Tech (N) Win
2014. WVU (N) Win
2015. Wisconsin (N) Win
2016. So Cal (N) Win
2017. FSU (N) Win
2018. Louisville (N) Win

In the last 12 seasons, he went to Duke once and Happy Valley once.
Meanwhile, the Tigers played at College Station last year, play at Columbia every other year,and played on the Plains 3 years ago.

(This does not count postseason. )

Frankly, I like his proposal, but it will never happen. College football attendance is falling, and you're suggesting more neutral site games? A few fan bases travel well, but not all of us do. Could you imagine the attendance at an early season Neutral-site game between say, Miss St-UNC?

Aug 16, 2019, 5:24 PM

Sorry, sorry and sorry;

Let me correct myself: I'm not correcting you, I'm correcting SI.

All you did was post an inaccurate headline.

Aug 16, 2019, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, I have to correct you. ]

Rw43 said:

Saban IS WILLING to play 10 Power 5 opponents every year, but he will not have Bama do it unless everyone else does, too.

This is aimed at the other SEC schools, not us or the ACC schools. He wants the freedom to stub his toe but still make the playoff over other SEC teams. If he schedules up, he wants the SEC to require the other SEC schools to do it, too.

Besides, if he were to schedule those games tomorrow, he will be retired long before they happen. This is an easy offer to make, because he will never lose a game because of it.

This is actually a reversal of Saban's previous attitude. When he came to Bama in 2007, they had home-and-home series on the books that were played in 2010-2011. However, Saban refused to schedule any more, because playing 4 road games at SEC campuses was enough.

Since Saban began at Bama in 2007, Saban has only played 2 true road games Out Of Conference vs. Power 5 opponents. 2! 2! That's right, 2!
The 5-times-in-the-last10 years-national champion has won more national championships than road games.

Here is Bama's entire Power 5 out of conference regular season schedule since Saban has been at Bama:

2007 FSU (N) Loss
2008. Clemson (N) Win
2009. VaTech (N) Win
2010. Penn St (H) Win, Duke (A) Win
2011. Penn St (A) Win
2012. Mich (N) Win
2013. Va Tech (N) Win
2014. WVU (N) Win
2015. Wisconsin (N) Win
2016. So Cal (N) Win
2017. FSU (N) Win
2018. Louisville (N) Win

In the last 12 seasons, he went to Duke once and Happy Valley once.
Meanwhile, the Tigers played at College Station last year, play at Columbia every other year,and played on the Plains 3 years ago.

(This does not count postseason. )

Frankly, I like his proposal, but it will never happen. College football attendance is falling, and you're suggesting more neutral site games? A few fan bases travel well, but not all of us do. Could you imagine the attendance at an early season Neutral-site game between say, Miss St-UNC?

You’re wrong too. I can’t find the recent article but Saban basically said they have started moving towards playing 10 power 5s (with home and homes) without the cooperation of other SEC teams.

2020 Southern Cal (N)
2021 Miami (N)
2022 @Texas
2023 Texas (H), @USF
2024 @Wisconsin, USF (H)
2025 Wisconsin (H)
2026 @West Virginia, USF (H)
2027 West Virginia (H)
2028 @Notre Dame
2029 Notre Dame (H)
2032 @Oklahoma
2033 Oklahoma (H)

Aug 16, 2019, 11:13 PM

Well .... as long as Saban said it .

That's all I need .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 16, 2019, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, I have to correct you. ]

Ok, so Saban and Alabama ARE doing it soon, and he is now calling on the SEC to require the same risk on the part of other programs.

Dabo and D-rad have been having us do it without calling out the rest of the ACC.

Please note that before they play that road game in Texas, over 10 years will have elapsed since the last time a Bama team played in a road stadium outside of the SEC. That is shameful for a program that basks in the limelight as the 'Best' or 'Best Ever' but has been unwilling to play Home-and-away games where his team would be at a disadvantage every other year.
In fact, Saban has a higher winning pctg. in regular season Neutral site games than he does at home in Tuscaloosa.
I'm glad he is speaking out about their new scheduling preference, but don't kid yourself: this is a major change.

I hope you'll forgive me when i say, Dabo led the way. Good of Nick to follow.

Aug 17, 2019, 10:08 AM

It's not shameful. They play neutral site games for recruiting and money...the payouts are usually between 4 and 6 million a game. Seems like it has worked well for them.

Aug 16, 2019, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, I have to correct you. ]

Ok, so Saban and Alabama ARE doing it soon, and he is now calling on the SEC to require the same risk on the part of other programs.

Dabo and D-rad have been having us do it without calling out the rest of the ACC.

Please note that before they play that road game in Texas, over 10 years will have elapsed since the last time a Bama team played in a road stadium outside of the SEC. That is shameful for a program that basks in the limelight as the 'Best' or 'Best Ever' but has been unwilling to play Home-and-away games where his team would be at a disadvantage every other year.
In fact, Saban has a higher winning pctg. in regular season Neutral site games than he does at home in Tuscaloosa.
I'm glad he is speaking out about their new scheduling preference, but don't kid yourself: this is a major change.

I hope you'll forgive me when i say, Dabo led the way. Good of Nick to follow.

Aug 17, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, I have to correct you. ]

Other SEC teams have been playing OOC home and home series for years. Georgia, TAMU, South Carolina, Auburn, Florida. We even have a date scheduled with LSU.

Aug 16, 2019, 5:10 PM

Nick’s memory seems to be a little shaky since the last game Bama played in but came up wa———ay short. Maybe he is just tired from reading the SEC schedule. Or he is overrated!

I think I will go with overrated.

44-16 Go Tigers ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,300
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic