Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update

Aug 22, 2019, 7:44 PM

I just spent 20 minutes with them and they told me that there was an "outage issue" in our area and technicians should have it "fixed" by 11:00 pm. I saw the post where Smiling Tiger had to get his pricing package altered in order to see the picture...this sounds much more likely as no other channels in our area are having an issue except ACCN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update

Aug 22, 2019, 7:49 PM

So if we have basic cable with Spectrum, live in Greenville, will we get it without an upgrade? I keep reading different versions.
And is it now supposed to come on at 11pm tonight or noon tomorrow?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:52 PM

I’m in Greenville and am watching ACCN on channel 341 with Charter Spectrum Gold package. It is on as I type this. There is no outage where I live.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:49 PM

You have to get Charter Spectrum Gold package. If you have Charter Legacy Gold you will not get ACCN. Call Charter billing and they can switch you immediately and it’s about $5 a month less.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:51 PM

If that’s the case, we will switch to a steaming service and save about $50 a month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:51 PM

But thanks for the info!

Aug 22, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

Gold? Great job ACC. Guess I’ll just go to the game next week.

Smiling Tiger was referring to this-Silver upgrade is $28

Aug 22, 2019, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

EFF that...never, ever not once has there been a mention of it being in an Upper Tier catagory by Spectrum---although I'm not surprised at this, it still sucks & will be getting a ROKU & YouTube if this is indeed the fee.

That's NOT what I was talking about.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:23 PM

I already had Silver Package, which was supposed to include the ACCN; but I still wasn't getting it. Instead, I was getting a message, when I tuned to channel 341, that I needed to upgrade to Gold Package for $20 more a month in order to get ACCN. I said "eff that" and contacted charter via online chat. At first, they were puzzeled and said I should be getting it. After doing a little digging,, the customer service rep discovered that I was on their "legacy" pricing plan (which is not the same thing as channel package/tier i.e. silver, gold, etc.). They switched me over to the newer "SPP" pricing package and BOOM I got ACCN! There was little to no increase in cost.

You may be able to get ACCN with basic or some other channel package, I don't know; but don't confuse that with legacy/SPP pricing package.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 22, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

I have the silver tier and have the channel on now.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

I had to call billing and they switched my old gold legacy plan to the new Charter Spectrum Gold package.It now works and 5 bucks cheaper a month.

Trump's repeal of FCC privacy rules in 2017

Aug 22, 2019, 7:57 PM

Remember when the world as we knew it was going to end?!! Maybe it's starting!!! Lol!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al & WORLD CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Aug 22, 2019, 8:16 PM

Mine is not working. I have a friend who has exactly the same package as me except I am also paying extra for the sports tier so I get ESPNU. He is already getting it (in Simpsonville) and I am getting the screen that says I need to upgrade to get it. I have been on the phone twice today with Charter and they insist that I should be getting it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 8:18 PM

perk80®, how long ago was it you got signed up with your current Spectrum plan? People are suggesting if you're on a "legacy" plan you won't get the ACC Network until you change to a more current plan. That's even if you have the top-end Gold package.

I live near 5 Forks and have Silver & Sports Upgrade too

Aug 22, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

but still no picture. Maybe there really is some type of 'outage' around here......nahhhh, it's Spectrum. Guess we will see after the Braves game or in the morning.

Perk, same here. Check your T-Mail.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: SPECTRUM in Greenville and the ACCN update ]

GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for the update***

Aug 22, 2019, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 22, 2019, 8:39 PM

I have it on charter in gville. I dont know my package but i dont have any movie channels. I do have U and the golf channel.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic