Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss

Jun 6, 2018, 6:05 PM

did for a two year span, and they got nailed because of it. Although I am sure there are some things that go on that even the coaches might no know about, but Alabama and Georgia, like Clemson and FSU, should not feel like they need to do it...just sell their programs. However, because of their rabid fan bases, I will not rule out Georgia or FSU.

The one school that has stood out for the last ten years is Auburn. I do not trust them!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...MissSt LB Leo Lewis took 10k from an OleMiss

Jun 6, 2018, 6:36 PM

booster and also took 11k from MissSt......but the NCAA gave MissSt a bye to get Lewis' testimony about Ole Miss

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/mississppi-state-lb-leo-lewis-received-21000-national-signing-day-2-sec-schools

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol...MissSt LB Leo Lewis took 10k from an OleMiss

Jun 6, 2018, 7:41 PM

The NCAA is basically a toothless entity now. UNC took them to the cleaners. I doubt Ol' MISS gets much other than a few scholarship reductions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Miss ain't 1 of the NCAA blue bloods so they won't get the pass UNC got

Jun 6, 2018, 7:58 PM

Could see the NCAA trying to come down hard on Ole Miss in an attempt to show that they weren't neutered by UNC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC isn't an NCAA blue blood except in basketball.

Jun 6, 2018, 9:15 PM

They got off for their nearly two decades of cheating in academics and athletics, not because of who they are, but because the NCAA is a weak organization with zero backbone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss

Jun 6, 2018, 8:22 PM

Huh? You don't think UGA or FSU should have to pay players (because of their programs) but because of their respective fan bases, you're not certain those schools are not paying players?

Correct. More of a character issue than need. HTH, Dawg AF.***

Jun 6, 2018, 8:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Correct. More of a character issue than need. HTH, Dawg AF.***

Jun 6, 2018, 8:52 PM

So where is the evidence UGA or FSU are cheating?

Jun 6, 2018, 9:12 PM

The comment was regarding the fan bases. The evidence is at every game. HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 7, 2018, 7:48 AM

Please further explain how a fan base can be sited as a credible source for proving NCAA violations.

Lol, stop

Jun 7, 2018, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Correct. More of a character issue than need. HTH, Dawg AF.*** ]

You aren't helping OUR fanbase's image

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

It was a well known fact that Nkemdiche (sp) and his politicking mother took money from Ole Miss plus the donations to her campaign. Plus that other 5*, I forget name but I think was a WR. No way a school that was normally top 25-30 recruiter goes to #1-5 over night without something fishy considering it wasn't the fact that Saban took over the program.

Honestly, I've started to wonder about Dawgs? I wouldn't say they were but I would say I'm starting to wonder. I think the bag men have really got loose with the cash. UGA got 5* players last year after they were almost 100% on several Crystal Balls for other schools.

Jun 7, 2018, 6:58 AM

Kirby was a great recruiter at Bama and he's a great recruiter at Georgia. He has no in-state competition for recruits. Unlike Richt, Kirby has managed to keep the best in-state talent while landing some out of state 5 stars. If Kirby wasn't landing top 10 classes the knock on him would be that he can't recruit. Now that he is keeping the best in-state kids, well, he must be cheating. Of all the homerism that goes on with college football fans this has to be the worst. The Coots direct it at Clemson all the time. Clemson is clearly better that SC so they must be cheating. (That whole church nonsense they spout endlessly).

Jun 6, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

It was a well known fact that Nkemdiche (sp) and his politicking mother took money from Ole Miss plus the donations to her campaign. Plus that other 5*, I forget name but I think was a WR. No way a school that was normally top 25-30 recruiter goes to #1-5 over night without something fishy considering it wasn't the fact that Saban took over the program.

Honestly, I've started to wonder about Dawgs? I wouldn't say they were but I would say I'm starting to wonder. I think the bag men have really got loose with the cash. UGA got 5* players last year after they were almost 100% on several Crystal Balls for other schools.

Jun 6, 2018, 10:44 PM

Totally understand where you’re coming from. Would be one thing if uga was doing that with this class after being in championship game... but last year when no one was really sure if smart was going to get it done. He did hire a good staff but seriously, that many that were leans and cb’d to others and then boom they’re at uga. Definitely makes ya think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 11:40 PM

To me SC is starting to smell of fish. Whatever’s going on there, I really hate for them to get anyone due to our depth or our staff being honest to the recruits about their analysis of what position they believe they can play, which happens to be contrary to where the recruits want to play. I’m not saying that I wish our staff would lie to recruits. I just hate that SC could care less about honesty when it comes to getting a recruit. Bryan Edwards, Dakareon Joyner, OrTre Smith, and maybe Shi Smith come to mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 7:04 AM

This is COMPLETE BS. It is about honor and integrity and helping you become a better man. Muschamp is a family man and wants the best for his players and their families. We run a tight ship and a 100% clean program. Just because your cloudy bias that “we suck” are a “dumpster fire” “100 years of suckage” does not mean that we can’t land anyone we are recruiting. We will continue to have consistent top 25 classes and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:22 AM

Jun 7, 2018, 10:19 AM

What is this, a picture from 2011? This is 8 years later. You see a more poised, experienced, mature coach on the sideline. Rarely if ever will you see that again.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:21 AM

7 years...

(insert degree jokes here)

Jun 7, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

Correct he is rarely poised and mature...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

This is COMPLETE BS. It is about honor and integrity and helping you become a better man. Muschamp is a family man and wants the best for his players and their families. We run a tight ship and a 100% clean program. Just because your cloudy bias that “we suck” are a “dumpster fire” “100 years of suckage” does not mean that we can’t land anyone we are recruiting. We will continue to have consistent top 25 classes and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Jun 7, 2018, 9:07 AM

It may take a while but CWM will build a competitive program thur steady recruiting. He'll never land multiple 5-stars like Kirby and Dabo but I wouldn't go to sleep on him. After all....he is a Georgia man.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:16 AM

D a mn SuperDawg I knew I liked you, oh and Go Dawgs! I have some close UGA friends and family and I root for you guys every game except the SC game. I go to the FL GA game in Jax every year too, decked out on the UGA side. Always a blast. Will you be going this year?

Message was edited by: CarolinaGrad2014

Jun 7, 2018, 10:19 AM

You're a chicken fan so of course you pull for every other SEC team when they aren't playing you...

Jun 7, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

This may be the gheyest post I have ever seen on Tigernet.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 7, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC recruiting and $$. There is no doubt with what Ole Miss ]

D a mn SuperDawg I knew I liked you, oh and Go Dawgs! I have some close UGA friends and family and I root for you guys every game except the SC game. I go to the FL GA game in Jax every year too, decked out on the UGA side. Always a blast. Will you be going this year?

Message was edited by: CarolinaGrad2014

Absolutely! It'll be a fun October....got tickets to LSU/GA two weeks prior.

Jun 7, 2018, 9:23 AM

It is wildly naive to claim that other programs cheat but yours doesnt. From people I know that work in the programs, whos counterparts work at UGA/USC, ect, its evident that we all cheat. All programs, even us. Its not about the head coaches though. Usually they dont know (and dont want to know). Its the big donors.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic