Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year..

Jun 10, 2018, 7:00 PM

Year 3 for Monte and still no Super Regional.

Get someone on the phone, this is unacceptable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year..

Jun 10, 2018, 7:08 PM

If you watched my missive today... the Cluckers have got that eerie aura of the 2010 team... The game tomorrow against Arky will be HUGE for them... They have got this "something" that we lacked this year. I bet watching Spurs Up for tips should be a priority of us..You win as much with knowledge as talent..we had more talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 7:12 PM

This is his 1st year-- not 2nd year.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

I have had that 2010 feeling for a few months now, but I do not expect them to do what that 2010 team did.

Jun 10, 2018, 7:11 PM

I'm hoping and praying that you are trying to be funny with this post. I will take Monte Lee over the USuCk baseball coach every day of the week. Our baseball team had the misfortune of running into a buzzsaw in Vanderbilt. There is no possible way to stop ten home runs in one game and our pitchers were flat out just out of gas in the tank. If you were serious in your post please

this just dawned on me as i was watching the end of this game

Jun 10, 2018, 7:15 PM

But unfortanately true at the same time. Sorry

Jun 10, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

We ran into their "buzz-saw" 2 years in a row, friend...and came out about the same... we got HAMstringed...no problem with Montay, but we got skunked and they live on...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 7:33 PM

I hope HOGS like ##### for dinner, tommorow night.....

Or are those yardchickens gonna pull a fast one on the pigs ?

3 years apparently

Jun 10, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

I like Monte but the "ran into a buzzsaw" defense can't be used every season. Vandy was easily swept aside in the supers last year and could lose in the supers again this season.

Re: 3 years apparently

Jun 10, 2018, 8:06 PM

Not going to make assumptions because usuck had a top 5 class come in. Not a jealousy post because I too believe that Monte is building a solid team. We’ve been sucking hind ### in recruiting as have the coots to us in fb.

However, TIP makes a correct statement. Heard it three years in a row that we ran into the proverbial buzz saw. IMO the only one that really is correct is the Oklahoma State team we lost to three years ago.

I’m not happy with where the program is at right now and no one else should be either. I know Monte isn’t but I do have faith he’ll get it back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. That OK State team was legit

Jun 10, 2018, 8:22 PM

they ended up making the final four and were 2-0 in position to make the championship series before Arizona beat them twice.

Why can't we be the buzzsaw going into the tournament?

Re: Yes. That OK State team was legit

Jun 10, 2018, 9:16 PM

That was a very solid OKST team. Seemed they had endless arms that could throw in the mid 90s. One of the better teams I remember us facing in recent memory.

Thing about Vandy this year was how big their guys were vs our players. Seemed every guy on their roster was 6'3 plus.

Monte needs to recruit and then some

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

The year we have a pitching staff like Ok State team we

Jun 11, 2018, 3:06 PM

faced 3 years ago.... Is the year we win it all.

No doubt the best pitchers we've ever faced the last 3 years.

Jun 10, 2018, 7:53 PM

This a jealousy post or nah ? This is the kind of post that the Coots make about our football program ... jealousy and feelings of inadequacy and such .

We have a solid coach building a solid foundation . Let it be , just sit back and relax and don't make silly comparisons .

DB23

Jun 10, 2018, 7:58 PM

I agree it's time for Monte to do something in the postseason but he is a far cry better than the sully jerk he replaced.

Jun 10, 2018, 8:06 PM

This team is not even close to their championship teams. The reason they are where they are is because they were in such a weak regional. This was a purposeful move by Ray Tanner. They will get hammered in the World Series. They have not seen the pitching and hitting that other teams have. They are not a World Series caliber team but may end up there by insider trading of their AD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 8:09 PM

lol they aint getting out of arkie. i will be more than shocked if they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tour post is wrong for several reasons

Jun 10, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

1). There are no easy regionals, especially when you are on the road.

2). ECU was not an easy regional. ECU was a good team all year. They just happened to get beat in their own regional before playing for the title. It’s baseball. It happens.

3). Going to Arkansas and winning is not easy. Arkansas is a top 4 team talent wise and has lost twice all year at home, both times to South Carolina.

NO team has an easy time getting this far and every coach in the country would tell you that.

edit - “Your”

Jun 10, 2018, 9:13 PM

Nm.

Your post is wrong for several reasons too

Jun 11, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Tour post is wrong for several reasons ]

Arkansas is not a top 4 team talentwise .... maybe not top 4 in the SEC. They have lost 4 games at home, 3 before last might's loss to the Coots. They lost 15 times on the road, several to very mediocre teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sully jerks would describe a lot of the “baseball fans” that

Jun 10, 2018, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

post on the board!

Jun 10, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

the cupboard was not bare in cooterville. he!! they had 10 guys drafted. yet we beat them 2 of 3 for the 4th year in a row. they could take a big step backwards next year. lets see where the coots are in year 4 which is where monte will be next year. it will be all montes guys from here on out. lets see how his brand works

Jun 10, 2018, 9:32 PM

Hogs better come hungry for them Coccks, is all I'm saying, not posting anything on the boards until tmrw, hopefully making hogslop of the cooocks.

Lay off the spleef reggae man.***

Jun 10, 2018, 8:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2018, 9:06 PM

I'm just sad and disappointed that we could not get out of our regional with what I consider to be the best college hitter that we have ever had. Beer deserved better.

Jun 10, 2018, 9:34 PM

lol no offense but seth could not even carry khalil greenes jock

interesting topic I got going here and get TD by some

Jun 10, 2018, 9:40 PM

Really makes sense, if it wasn't for some of the people with lower pulses, this bored wouldn't be the same...

how many home runs

Jun 11, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

Would Seth hit had he used the bats they used then? He would have shattered the record. Most of his fly outs would have been homers. That's like saying babe Ruth was the best player ever, yeah before black people and Latinos could play. How many homers would the babe hit if aroldis Chapman was throwing him 102 mph fastballs and 95 mph sliders?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree, beer didn't even get a chance to showcase the nation

Jun 11, 2018, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: SC baseball coach can get the team out of regional in his second year.. ]

To show how great he really was.

Jun 11, 2018, 1:54 PM

You are aware Kingston is in his first season here right???

Jun 11, 2018, 3:27 PM

To be realistic our three seed was tougher than there 1 seed.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic