Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rivals - Coots now favorite for Taven Feaster's transferr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Rivals - Coots now favorite for Taven Feaster's transferr

May 24, 2019, 8:03 AM

South Carolina has emerged as the school to beat in the race for former Clemson running back Tavien Feaster
. A four-star as a high school prospect, Feaster won two national championships with the Tigers before entering the portal this spring. The South Carolina native has received offers from several programs, with Mississippi State and South Carolina appearing to have the edge on the competition. The chance to play close to home and go against his former team might be enough for the Gamecocks to reel him in. Feaster graduates this summer and has one year of eligibility remaining.

https://n.rivals.com/news/transfer-portal-report-francois-to-fau-farrar-to-auburn-more

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black

May 24, 2019, 8:15 AM

You can't come in and wear the legendary #28 then bail your final season and go play for the Coots.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger, unless you transfer to South Carolina.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black

May 24, 2019, 8:21 AM

That would definitely sever any and all connections with Clemson and any help in the future with contacts and a leg up if needed. That would be a slap in the face and one I think could never be forgotten or forgiven.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just hope he doesn't make that mistake

May 24, 2019, 8:26 AM

I get that it's just a game and this young man has his future to think about. But just think about the potential future relationships that he would damage if he went to our rival.

May 24, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black ]

U guys are total morons

In his defense, this is the mentality of a fan...the players don’t see it this way

May 24, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black ]

I’m not saying you’re wrong and I agree with you. I didn’t even consider applying to that school. Like it wasn’t even an option on the table. However, the majority of players don’t view the rivalry as the fans do, even though he’s an instate kid and SHOULD know the impact of doing this.

I think if he picks USofC, the only people that will have ill will toward him are the fans. I think his old teammates and coaches (probably) will be ok with it. I’m thinking he just wants to stay close to home his last year, get more PT, and let his family see him play. This makes USofC the logical choice if that’s what he’s looking for. Even though I’m a firm believer in thinking he was going to get a ton of snaps this year if he stayed here.

You are so totally wrong.

May 24, 2019, 9:06 AM

The players absolutely do have serious dislike against their rivals. Especially the upperclassmen. Why do you think games against UofSC, FSU, and NC St get so chippy? It's because of the heat between rivals.

And even the former players will have issues with it. I wonder what CJ would say.... certainly nothing negative publicly, but he couldn't be happy about somebody taking his number and then playing against his hated rival.

then why did so many current players go to twitter

May 24, 2019, 11:42 AM

And say they have his back when the Clemson Barstool account said the same thing you are? I can go pull up tweets if I have to.

Some former players may have a problem with it, sure. And I’m not saying rivalries aren’t chippy.

I don’t mind you GTriple but you gotta cool it with the know-it-all attitude. These guys seem to care more about the well-being of a friend more than the rivalry in this case.

I agree with this ... there are lots of places he can start

May 24, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to You are so totally wrong. ]

... why does he need to be “close to home” at his age? He’s not 17 years old anymore.

He’s trying to position himself for an NFL career, right?

Chances are he won’t be close to home if that goal is achieved.

Just my personal opinion ... he should go some place that will let her while not forever tarnishing his image with Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a graduate now which is not the same as a high

May 24, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to In his defense, this is the mentality of a fan...the players don’t see it this way ]

school kid looking to play somewhere. Most of us learned to dislike the coots after we went to Clemson. Of course a lot are life long Clemson fans. I didn't become a Clemson fan until I was in my 20's and a student.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black ]

Nuff sed...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Going Coot is the epitome of NOT ALL IN! If he goes

May 24, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black ]

this route, he better hope he makes it in Pro Football, because his Clemson degree won't get him much help from Alumni in the business community with a final year as a COOT on his resume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. If 28 picks scar, he's doing it because he's

May 24, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Gotta be honest. I won't support him in Garnet and Black ]

ticked at Clemson. No other reason. If he goes there, he's burning the bridge as he crosses it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish no ill-will towards him as a person

May 24, 2019, 8:36 AM

It's still just a game at the end of the day, but I will NEVER support any Gamecock football player on the field. If he does go there, I hope he never gains a yard.

Re: Rivals - Coots now favorite for Taven Feaster's transferr

May 24, 2019, 8:36 AM

Yea I don't care what anyone says or how cordial Dabo has to sound in front of the mic... he becomes an enemy for life if he goes to U5C. No way to justify transferring there. If he proves good enough to go the league there then he would have had the same opportunities (if not more) here.

The part that got me

May 24, 2019, 8:46 AM

The part of the article that got me, was the "go against his former teammates". Wonder if he said that or the reporter just threw that out there. Not sure I would want to "go against my former teammates" with this defense and SC O-Line.

Re: The part that got me

May 24, 2019, 8:50 AM

He also said in another article that his reason for wanting to leave was personal.... Wonder wat his beef is ?

Big Games

May 24, 2019, 8:53 AM

Maybe he is tired of playing in important high intensity games and winning rings.
Maybe he wants to be irrelevant and play in Shreveport or be home for the Holiday's and watch the bowl season on TV.

He wants to play in the NFL...

May 24, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: The part that got me ]

He wants more carries and he wants to get noticed by NFL scouts.

My guess is he thinks being the featured back in a dead end program with very little talent around him is a better option than playing third string at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 24, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The part that got me ]

Is it too much of a reach to speculate that he was close to KB and that was the "personal reason"? Same with Shaq...

No.. TL won the job and proved he deserved it. Some of these

May 25, 2019, 2:11 AM

Posts are insane.

The only thing in common between KB, Shaq and Feaster is that they lost their jobs and are seeking playing time.

Did he take it personal that he got beat out? I hope not

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The part that got me ]

tob T said:

He also said in another article that his reason for wanting to leave was personal.... Wonder wat his beef is ?

Friggin troll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was 100% added by the writer to get clicks***

May 24, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to The part that got me ]

But they claimed Rico dowdle was the better player.....***

May 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Not even remotely close !!!!***

May 24, 2019, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will be shown no quarter (no clemency or mercy)...

May 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

You take the field against us, you are the enemy and you will be vanquished with the rest of our enemies.

The “chance” to go against his former team. A selling point?

May 24, 2019, 9:18 AM

I certainly hope that’s not something he said.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:21 AM

There is only one wrong choice here and he is making it. He wants to be hated at Clemson (chance to go against his former teammates). Buckle your chinstrap big boy.

May 24, 2019, 9:23 AM

This is sad. Would be the equivalent of turning your back on your former teammates and fans, bridge burned. Can only imagine he has some axe to grind if he sinks that low.

No hard feelings from me, but it does change things

May 24, 2019, 9:38 AM

11 weeks out of the season, I won't pull against Feaster, but I will pull against his team. That 12th game, I will pull against both. I hope he has 25 carries for -25 yards in that 12th game, but does not get injured, and is home for the holidays, watching us play in the postseason again. I hope someone takes a flier on him in the draft, but coming from an 0-12 team (if I get my wish), that may be a long shot. Once he is out of that uniform, I am a fan again, and he is a Tiger again in my eyes, but you can't be both.

Other transfers, I will pull hard for them and their team unless and until we face them on the field.

Really don't care what people on this board think about me

May 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

He goes there, sorry, no longer a Tiger...EVER!!! You don't go to play at your hated in state rival after asking a SCHOOL LEGEND to take his number OUT OF RETIREMENT FOR YOU (and that goes for either side of the rivalry). This rivalry is the 2nd longest rivalry in NCAA history....show some respect for it. Play for Furman, play for Wake Forest, play for App State...play for whatever other school if your need is to stay close to home. But you don't play for the team you have been a rival of when you asked to wear that #28. As far as I'm concerned, go there....dead to me.

Re: Really don't care what people on this board think about me

May 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

If he deserts his teammates to go to usuc he is a traitor and a selfish person! Typical millinial! No loyalty just me me me! NFL scouts might consider that a character flaw! I do!!! Why would you want a traitor on your team!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a Clemson alum, and I wish him the best.

May 24, 2019, 11:16 AM

I believe that his heart and loyalty will always be to Clemson University, regardless of where he goes next.

I don't view this situation any differently than a Clemson alum going to SC for graduate school. I'm sure some of you did that, and it hasn't changed your love for Clemson in any way. It was simply a business/professional/career decision you made, and you probably had good reasons for it. I'm sure Tavien has good reasons for his decision too.

Make no mistake, if he decides to go to South Carolina, he will be going to the enemy and I hope he has an awful game when they play us.

Finally, those who are butthurt that he wore #28 - get over yourselves. It's a freaking number. It doesn't have anything to do with Spiller's legacy or Tavien's decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Why would he make the decision to burn that bridge

May 24, 2019, 11:26 AM

though? Makes no sense to become a reviled former player when there are so many better transfer options that would leave no ill-will.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Why do you assume that he is burning a bridge?

May 24, 2019, 11:38 AM

Do you really think the connections he has made at Clemson, including Dabo, assistant coaches, professors, and university administrators will turn their back on him if he chooses to transfer to South Carolina? Because I don't. I think they will all be adults about it and realize that he is a Clemson alum who represented the school well as a student-athlete. He worked hard on the football field and in the classroom. Choosing to play one year at South Carolina doesn't nullify all of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge ..... Judge ...,,,, Judge Judge Judge .... Were you .

May 24, 2019, 12:15 PM

.... OK with the Tiger football player openly supporting the UNC basketball team in opposition to the Tiger basketball team?? Just curious .... ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

No I wasn’t okay with that.

May 24, 2019, 8:08 PM

But that was a very different situation. Not comparable at all.

Re: Why do you assume that he is burning a bridge?

May 24, 2019, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Why do you assume that he is burning a bridge? ]

Yes I do. He knows the inside and outs of the playbook. It matters. Don’t kid yourself.

Will they hate after he leaves USC no. But they will not believe he is a person of high integrity. I would not hire him if he did this.

Re: He is a Clemson alum, and I wish him the best.

May 24, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to He is a Clemson alum, and I wish him the best. ]

If he goes to Scar he starts off by being disingenuous about the school that he claimed he wanted to go to .....one that will "compete for a championship" and one where he will get more playing time. That is not South Carolina. Don't say those things if you are not sincere. Many will see the only reason to go there is a chance to get back at Clemson. That may be the "personal reason" ..... maybe not, but some will see it as that. I have always been a big fan of Feaster, but he will certainly lose me if he goes there.

Re: He is a Clemson alum, and I wish him the best.

May 24, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to He is a Clemson alum, and I wish him the best. ]

I guess I see it much differently, we all have our opinions. Transferring to your hated rival to play football is WAY different than getting your masters there. Making the decision to go get a masters there is not a high profile slap in the face that will be plastered all over the news and making a decision to get a masters there does not p$ss off hundreds of thousands of fans. Its a dumb move on his part if he does it and I hope if he does that he rides the pine the entire season and doesn't gain a yard. But thats just my feelings on the matter

I don't think "hundreds of thousands" of fans will be

May 24, 2019, 11:55 AM

angry about his decision. Would we all prefer that he not go to South Carolina? Absolutely! I dislike everything about the University of South Carolina.

However, we also don't know all of the details affecting his decision. Perhaps he has family near home that he needs to be closer to. Maybe he has some friends from high school who are on the team there. Maybe he developed good relationships with some of the coaches there when he was being recruited in high school. I just don't think it's a case of Feaster being this awful person who is turning his back on Clemson somehow.

Re: I don't think "hundreds of thousands" of fans will be

May 24, 2019, 12:08 PM

I don't disagree with you, all of those things "could" be true. We all have our life experiences that affects how we feel about this rivalry. I'm not saying you are right or wrong - just that my feelings are the same towards him if he chooses that route and nothing will change my feelings.

The unpardonable sin.***

May 24, 2019, 11:50 AM

I hope he would have a great season...

May 24, 2019, 7:38 PM

but he should prob sit agin the reining national champs - gonna be a severe beat down

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 8:19 PM

So real question is whether he's already gift-wrapped the entire playbook and playcalling signals up for their coaching staff yet or not...it's messed up and to those that don't think so you might later in the year. (Hopefully you'll be right, I hope you are)

May 24, 2019, 8:53 PM

It is selfish and a slap in the face to your former coaches and teammates to choose S.C. There are many other schools nearby he could choose.

If you do not think it is a big deal, you watch how chippy they get with Feaster come game time with S.C. then you come on this board and say it did not matter to the players that he decided to go to S.C. There will be some jawing!

Sorry if he goes the SC I hope he fails. Not necessarily because he chose to go there but the complete lack of integrity it shows to do this type of thing to your friends etc.

Anyway you spin it this guy will be public enemy number 1 for Clemson fans if he does this.

May 24, 2019, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivals - Coots now favorite for Taven Feaster's transferr ]

Not to mention. Is he not still going to summer school? He may want to wait to make this announcement until he gets off of campus.

May 25, 2019, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Rivals - Coots now favorite for Taven Feaster's transferr ]

yubyub said:

So real question is whether he's already gift-wrapped the entire playbook and playcalling signals up for their coaching staff yet or not...it's messed up and to those that don't think so you might later in the year. (Hopefully you'll be right, I hope you are)

I think we could mail Muschamp a copy of our playbook, give him six months to prepare and still beat the coots by 2-3 touchdowns.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 8:59 PM

TF not playing for those idiots. Nothing left to say. I’ll eat my words if I have to but no freaking way a two time NC champ running back thinks his best decision is to mix with those losers.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic