Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re-watched the GT game last night with a new perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Re-watched the GT game last night with a new perspective

Sep 27, 2018, 9:44 AM

The coaches gave KB a fair shot the first two series and he could not get anything going. Bubble screens and QB sneaks were so televised that the mighty (cough cough) GT defense easily shut them down to end the series.
The announcers commented once TL took the field it just looked like a different team and on his first drive, you guessed it TD!
I encourage any Tiger fan that has doubts in Dabos decision to re watch that game as it will remove those doubts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...

Sep 27, 2018, 10:10 AM

But I felt all of our plays were televised.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Re-watched the GT game last night with a new perspective

Sep 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

I guess the question is, were they calling the same plays for both QBs and could KB execute some of the plays they called for Lawrence?

Everyone knew they were going to call bubble screens and runs for KB, but those were the plays the coaches called...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:01 AM

"I guess the question is, were they calling the same plays for both QBs and could KB execute some of the plays they called for Lawrence?"

No disrespect intended towards KB2, but based on previous experiences, the playbook cannot be as open for KB2 as for TL. His deep throws are too inconsistent and stalls too many drives. A wasted pass play puts us behind the chains and makes the run game even tougher. KB2 typically makes those short throws pretty consistently, but the opponents usually are aware of this and play accordingly. TL can make the throws, so their D has to play more honestly, so the playbook opens up. You will see it more now that TL is starting. Defenses need to bring their big boy pants and hope they can keep up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 10:53 AM

Did you watch the A&M game too? Just wondering.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did

Sep 27, 2018, 11:21 AM

Kelly Bryant Starts-
3 & out
TD

TL comes in
TD
5 & out
3 & out

KB comes back in
moves the ball fumbles at the 1

End of the first half. Both have good and bad.

TL gets the 2nd half start
3 & out
3 & out

KB takes over
TD
TD
5 & out
4 & out
3 & out

KB got us going in the second half and looked a little better as a whole. That was a learning experience for TL and we don't know what would have happened if he stayed in.

Other than that, it has been clear who gives us a better shot to win this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with this is that you

Sep 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

make a reasonable conclusion based on factual evidence, and I'm not sure some of T-net is able to process this properly.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Re-watched the GT game last night with a new perspective ]

I did. And while Kelly played a bit better I don’t think it’s enough to completely write off how drastically better Lawrence has looked in every other opportunity dating back to the spring game. Maybe if Lawrence isn’t screwed by a bad snap and a bad third down and short playcall to start the second half we’re singing a different tune.

Either way, the best player on this offense is Travis Etienne. It’s become painfully apparent that Lawrence playing QB allows him to shine while Bryant playing QB limits his effectiveness.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:13 AM

i just skip straight to the 3rd offensive drive when I watch that one now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:33 AM

I re-watched, as well. What really stood out were the two passes from KB early on that he threw way too hard and off target. The receivers were wide open about ten yards away and he just gunned it for no reason at all.

After that performance (and Lawrence's very impressive one), if Dabo had named Kelly starter for Syracuse, we would have been screaming.

So you're saying the bubble screams and QB snacks were

Sep 27, 2018, 11:34 AM

the coaches giving Jelly Bryant a shot?

You think they want to be calling bubble screens?

Sep 27, 2018, 12:04 PM

That’s what he’s shown he was capable of completing consistently. He rarely utilizes the middle of the field and he isn’t very accurate on the intermediate and deep routes and if last season was any indication, his accuracy only diminishes as he takes more hits.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:37 AM

TL can out throw KB without even getting his feet set.

We talking bubble screens or backward passes?

Sep 27, 2018, 11:39 AM

it matters

Only way for KB to save his job

Sep 27, 2018, 11:57 AM

He should have started slinging the ball deep and letting the WRs go get it. Prove that he could throw the deep ball in the general area.

Not sure if coaches didn't draw up any of those plays, but KB should have pushed harder for those throws to prove if he's able to make them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

I agree but GT is a trash defense. TL didn’t look good against A&M.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic