Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park

Jul 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.

The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteroa," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.

Bennington was 41.

RIP

^ being reported by TMZ, people still trying to get confirmation from the band's sources.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park

Jul 20, 2017, 2:51 PM

RIP Chris

Jul 20, 2017, 3:16 PM

Sad day...again. We all too often tend to forget that, in listening to music, we overlook the lyrics are the artist baring their souls in an effort to cope with past events. Sometimes the music is therapy for them...and all too frequently, it's simply not enough. In my lifetime, that list has grown far too lengthy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 7:43 PM

:(

Surprising. I didn't even know that he had

Jul 20, 2017, 9:06 PM

any information on Hillary.

Jul 20, 2017, 9:09 PM

The guilt that comes with making so much bad, bad music must have weighed heavily on him. Rest in peace (and quiet)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 10:17 PM

####. You obviously have no clue.

Jul 20, 2017, 10:35 PM

seems he could have afforded rehab and mental health treatment. Instead he chose to ride that razors edge for the benefit of his art.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2017, 10:39 PM

That's the thing though , so many who do it don't want help or rehabilitation. They just want out .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 20, 2017, 10:55 PM

yet there are people with real problems out there that get out of bed every day because they have people depending on them.

Jul 20, 2017, 11:34 PM

People's definition of "real problems" depends on the individual. No two people cope exactly the same. Nobody really knows what kind of demons others are actually facing. Think about the big picture before you judge.

Jul 21, 2017, 12:35 AM

big picture is very sick people in this country who have to worry day in and day out about losing their healthcare,wives losing a husband in Afghanistan, and cancer wards full of children. But if you like I will play a tiny fiddle for the manically depressed rock star that abused drugs an alcohol and decided to kill himself. All that wealth and fame must have given him PTSD. poor guy.

Jul 21, 2017, 6:27 AM

And yet you still miss the point. At least you think you have all the answers though. Carry on.

Jul 20, 2017, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park ]

Are you a music critic ? Perhaps you'd like to hum a few bars so tjat we can all make certain that you were more talented than Chester Bennington ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 20, 2017, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park ]

Wow. People really will say anything on an anonymous message board. I feel bad for u

Jul 20, 2017, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP Chester Bennington of Linkin Park ]

Not the classiest response I could've come up, I admit. Linkin Park was awful, though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2017, 1:03 AM

Not a fan of theirs , but when compared to the Backstreet Boys or Kenny Chesney ....

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic