Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for rules gurus.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 934

Question for rules gurus.

Oct 14, 2019, 9:37 PM

I know a receiver that steps out of bounds ON HIS OWN can not be the first person to touch the ball even if he has re-established himself back inbounds.

Question - is the rule the same or is it different for DB’s?

The reason I ask is, the DB that intercepted TL late in the 1st half, clearly stepped out of bounds ON HIS OWN, then re-established himself inbounds, before intercepting TL.

Unrelated Side Note - The screamingly obvious hold on XT a few minutes earlier was ridiculous. I’m getting emails from blind beggars in Mumbai, asking how that didn’t get called.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for rules gurus.

Oct 14, 2019, 9:40 PM

I don’t know the rules on this one, but the on-field refs were struggling to count the downs correctly at times, so I’m not sure they knew the rules either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Oct 14, 2019, 9:57 PM

Our DL must've been wearing their "Free Piggy Back Rides" shirts because FSU lineman were saddling up on every play right in front of the officials. It was maddening how bad the officiating was in that game. And it told me a lot about myself that even when we're up by 30+ points, I still care that officials screw us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 9:54 PM

There is no rule about a defender going out and coming back in to make a play. Only on a kick.. can a defender not go out and come back in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 934
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic