Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for my southern hunter folk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Question for my southern hunter folk

Jun 19, 2019, 6:48 PM

I live in a blue state that shall remain nameless, the democrats won't let me own guns...

I have several brave rabbits who have been using my front lawn as their own personal salad bar. When I go outside to get the mail, they don't scramble away, in fact they look at me with their smug faces as if to say "either get me a head of lettuce or get out of our way." The nerve of 'em...

I've had enough of their brazen disrespect, can I take down the king rabbit with a pellet gun? I call him the "king" because he's almost the size of my pug and he's especially slow. He moves like a spoonful of molasses on a winter's day. I figure he's an easy target and I could use him as an example to lay down the law.

Also can you eat rabbit? Someone told me they usually carry a parasite that can survive pan frying...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for my southern hunter folk

Jun 19, 2019, 7:17 PM

A pellet gun will do the trick. Try marinating and then grilling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 9:02 AM

Rabbits is best quartered, floured, fried, served with grits, gravy and hot biscuits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 7:28 PM

A pellet gun will probably work depending on the strength. If it doesn't, try a cross bow or similar weapon. A homemade or store bought trap could be used to corral them for the slaughter.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 9:32 PM

For your next dog try a Jack Russell. I have 2 and they eat the rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, baby turkeys, and cats that dare to come within a 100 yards of the house on my farm. They are lightening fast and fearless.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 9:48 PM

hah! I'll look into the jack russell terriers, they seem like great dogs. I love my pug, but he's not much of a hunter, unless he's hunting for doggy biscuits

Jun 19, 2019, 9:39 PM

Since you won’t name your state, we can’t verify you contention that you can’t own a gun.
If he is as slow as molasses you don’t need a gun. You should be able to run him down and catch him by hand.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 10:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bucket+rabbit+trap

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and yes.***

Jun 19, 2019, 10:44 PM

Jun 19, 2019, 10:51 PM

http://www.havahart.com/how-to-trap-rabbits

Jun 20, 2019, 1:14 AM

Silly Rabbit - Trix are for Kids!!! Good luck... best after the first frost and all the buckshot removed.

Jun 20, 2019, 6:46 AM

If the pellet gun fails - a gattling gun - or cannon - should work ... -:) ... Btw - what’s happening to your pulse .. was > 50%.. ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 20, 2019, 7:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

nameless huh?

Jun 20, 2019, 7:54 AM

must be a made up state if you are not allowed to own guns. I think the laws mostly apply to aiming them at other people.

HTH

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are kidding about not being allowed own a gun, right?

Jun 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

Cuz, that is a Federally protected privilege and right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic