Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about GT.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,012

Question about GT.

Jun 11, 2019, 12:51 PM

Since this is the first year post triple option offense, is there much film off of the new OC's previous teams? Admittedly, I don't know much about the new GT coaching staff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about GT.

Jun 11, 2019, 1:09 PM

Seeing as how their HC, OC, and DC all worked together at Temple the last two years, I think Temple film would be a good place to start.

HC - Geoff Collins https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Collins_(American_football)
OC - Dave Patenaude https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Patenaude
DC - Andrew Thacker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Thacker

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...

Jun 11, 2019, 1:32 PM

GT's new coach, Geoff Collins, was hired from Temple. He brought his OC and DC with him from Temple so a couple of years of history there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

Yes there is as most of his offensive staff is the same guys from his last job where they excelled, also without film of the exact play makers working their current roles for GT expect us to get caught off guard once or twice in the beginning then settle down after the half but GT realistically doesn't have the depth or talent to go up against us for 60 minutes competitively unless we shoot ourselves in the foot. Collins is a great hire and I think he will allow GT to become a solid team once again and probably is going to compete against us in the ACC championship sooner than later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

I believe Temple ran a similar O to BC but don't hold me too it. From what I have seen it seemed to be under the center pro style with some mis direction.

Jun 11, 2019, 2:58 PM

It sounds from this article that he runs more of a spread, but seems to do a little of everything.

He's probably going to have to be a run first team for the first year or so based on personnel, but I would expect he'll have some gimmick plays up his sleeve to help offset their passing game weaknesses.

He's got nothing to lose in that first game against us, so we need to be ready for anything.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/look-dave-patenaude-georgia-tech-new-offensive-coordinator/d2H4MGGWTa8JBNDBhZfQgJ/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter, Tigers by 30***

Jun 11, 2019, 2:04 PM

Not sure it will be that close...

Jun 11, 2019, 3:43 PM

unless Dabo calls-off the dog and pretty much clears the bench.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not sure it will be that close...

Jun 11, 2019, 4:19 PM

Tech simply does not have the talent. I've looked at what Athlon and SBNation say about the Jellojackets. Obviously a completely new staff. Most of the talent suited to a running game. Johnson did not use a tight end, so they went out and got one from UCON, a disaster of a team last year. Have to revamp their defensive line (one of their stalwarts, unfortunately, passed away recently). They are near the bottom of the list as far as returning yardage and tackles goes. Their projected starting qb for this coming year, Tobias Oliver, completed all of 7 passes last year. They have no recruits this year in the top 300 nationally or top 40 ACC, according to Athlon. Only 7 starters coming back from last year- offense and defense combined. And oh, by the way, they open up at Death Valley against the defending national champs. Their special teams were very good last year and they have both kickers returning. And they certainly know how to run the ball. Lots of energy with new coaches, system, etc. I think when all the adding and subtracting is done, Clemson wins this easily- 4-5 touchdowns.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,012
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic