Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: Based on NCAA rules, if the 3 players are not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,228

Question: Based on NCAA rules, if the 3 players are not

Dec 25, 2018, 9:42 AM

cleared, can they stay in Dallas with the team or are they required to be sent home?

It would be a shame if they could not take part in bowl activities and be on the sidelines.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Based on NCAA rules, if the 3 players are not

Dec 25, 2018, 9:52 AM

My guess they would be sent home.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:07 AM

If they send them home, and a second more accurate test proves them to be innocent, I would sue the NCAA!!! I say this only bc those cheaper test have been found to be inaccurate in many cases prior!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember either Oklahoma or Alabama had players fail

Dec 25, 2018, 10:02 AM

a few years back and didn't take their players out for the bowl game. They said they were going to enforce it the next year, but knew that the player was declaring for the draft. Come to think of it, it might have been Ohio State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember either Oklahoma or Alabama had players fail

Dec 25, 2018, 10:13 AM

Nope, it was Bama. It was the same game Cain failed a drug test and Dabo sent him home. Bama had a couple that Saban played anyway and dealt with it during the off season through appeals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember either Oklahoma or Alabama had players fail

Dec 25, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Remember either Oklahoma or Alabama had players fail ]

My memory is slipping, so pardon me if my info is not 100% accurate on this.

We had 3 players test positive, and Dabo sent them home. I'm pretty sure all 3 were for pot, though he is not supposed to specify. It was our first time on the national stage, Dabo didn't believe in the players' innocence, he wanted to send a message, whatever the reason--he didn't appeal the decision. This was in spite of the fact that 1 or 2 were seniors, in their last games, and an appeal would have allowed them to play.

Bama's players who tested positive all appealed--I'm not sure if the team or players get to make that call. At least one of their appeasers was a senior, so he got to play in his last game. One was an underclass man whose positive was later upheld, so he served his suspension in Game 1 of the next season.

Differences with the current situation that I cannot explain:
1) Do players have the right to appeal even if the coach doesn't want to?
2) Why are we discussing a full year suspension for O when pot only warranted 1 game?
3) If Galloway--God forbid--is suspended for a year, can he red shirt for it? Or does he truly 'lose' it?

And one further question--everything I read says this O substance is an Estrogen- enhancer, that it's effectiveness as a PED is pretty much minimal in the male body, and it's also virtually undetectable in male athletes. Now we have 3 who have had it detected????

Dec 25, 2018, 10:03 AM

Their cases are being held as questionable, and no punishment should be enacted until the second testing has been completed. That is my feeling on this situation bc, if there is a chance that the second more accurate test could prove their innocents or guilt, why punish before they know for certain, especially when the results of these cheaper test have been proven to be inaccurate!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,228
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic