Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quarterbacks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Quarterbacks

Mar 31, 2019, 11:44 AM

Clemson may sign more talented quarterbacks that win more National Championships, but none will top the legacy of DW4 because he was the one that came and raised the program to the level we are at now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quarterbacks

Mar 31, 2019, 11:49 AM

DW4 was great and raised the program. But by the time Trevor leaves he could go down as the greatest to ever play the game at the position.

It’s not crazy to think he loses 2 or less games and has at least 1 heisman if not 2. Those numbers puts him as best ever.

Mar 31, 2019, 11:52 AM

All of this is true but let’s not forget that kid named Boyd who was pretty instrumental in helping the Tigers move forward in a big way!

Mar 31, 2019, 12:20 PM

Thank you! Tajh was instrumental in beginning the current rise in our QB program and he's remained #AllIn

Mar 31, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

No doubt; let's not forget the fourth down play against LSU that got everything started. Boyd to Nuke is in the same league as Fuller to Butler, and DW4 to Renfrow.

Mar 31, 2019, 2:53 PM

All of those guys will always be special to us.

Top four plays involving Clemson QBs in

Mar 31, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

our history. Fuller to Butler, Boyd to Nuke, Watson to Renfrow, and, never forget, Homer’s first down run late in the game against Nebraska.

Mar 31, 2019, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Exactly!! If it wasn’t for Boyd, Spillee, Hill, Hopkins etc we wouldn’t have gotten Deshaun or Trevor

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 31, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Trevor might have the better numbers when all said and done but he will never beat DW4 in legacy. DW4 stopped the streak against usc on a tore acl. He took a pounding in the national championship game he won and he kept coming. The Heisman trophy is a farce, and he should have won it his junior year. Plus people don’t want to admit it but Trevor has slightly more talent around him.

Mar 31, 2019, 11:58 AM

Why do we have to choose between them? Can't we just relish them both being Tigers? Be pleased that you saw DW4 play, and now enjoy TL for the next 3 years.

Mar 31, 2019, 2:48 PM

Well stated. It's like a debate between Joe Montana and Tom Brady backers. They're all winners. IMHO Deshaun is a top 5 NFL QB headed for a Super Bowl in 3-4 yrs as soon as O-Line is settled. And TL16 has skill sets equal to the best of the best. Both are special. You like blondes. I like brunettes. Some like red heads. Light Bulb loves all three. Yep, a great time to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Ditto

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Both can have equally great legacies in different ways. I think TL will win 2 national titles and 2 Heisman. Then he will be the first pick in the NFL draft. He will probably win a couple Super Bowls and then go to the NFL Hall of Fame. That will be tough to top.

Mar 31, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

They all stand on Boyd's shoulder.TL may win more games and have better numbers.But DW4 is a straight up legend. Should have 2 Natty's avpure winner.

Mar 31, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Will be difficult for anyone to top DW4's 2 Championship game performances-

Mar 31, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Trevor will probably go down as the best ever, but here we are talking legacy. Six seconds to ago against the mighty Bama - what can you do? Can you lead a two minute drive to take your team to victory after 35 years? Do you tell your team "let's be legendary" and then go ahead and execute. If you can, you have an unbeatable legacy IMHO.

Mar 31, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Trevor will probably go down as the best ever, but here we are talking legacy. Six seconds to ago against the mighty Bama - what can you do? Can you lead a two minute drive to take your team to victory after 35 years? Do you tell your team "let's be legendary" and then go ahead and execute. If you can, you have an unbeatable legacy IMHO.

Mar 31, 2019, 7:04 PM

If you were watching that game, do you remember how you felt when you watched DW4 calmly trot onto the field for that gamewinning drive?
DO YOU REMEMBER THAT FEELING?

To me, that's what being a fan is all about.

We didn't have to know his comment to his team--"Let's go be legendary "--we knew that's what they were going to do, because they were going to follow their leader.

When he walked on the field, i kid you not about my prophecy, but i wished i could have been more original. I turned to the friend who was watching with me at Wild Wings in Augusta--the whole place was pro-Clemson because the Bama fans went home at halftime. I said to my friend (he was a Falcons fan and rarely watched college football), " Here comes Superman." (Corny, i know.) "You are about to see something you will never forget."

That is the greatest moment of exhilaration i have ever known as a fan. Not when we actually won, but that moment of supreme confidence at the beginning of that drive that we were going to. Oh, it wavered a couple times, but i think that feeling you always had with DW4--that the team would follow him anywhere--will always make him special.

Renfrow's catch just validated what we all expected.

Mar 31, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

He won’t lose two games.

Mar 31, 2019, 11:57 AM

Boyd was the first in a line of really good QBs. He was not quite at the level of DW4 or TLaw but was a very good college QB and was the first in terms of taking a chance on Clemson

Mar 31, 2019, 12:10 PM

I’ll always remember that last drive in Atlanta to send THE FAUX TIGERS home with their tail between their legs. I was a Boyd fan long before that and always will be. He didn’t have quite the receiving guys as Watson or Lawrence but he had a good one! To me, that is THE game that helped the real Tigers GT turn the corner to greatness. If I had ten bucks for every fake injury claimed by LSU in that game I’d throw a real party for tnetters. See you Saturday

He was . . . He is a member . . .

Mar 31, 2019, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

Of Dabo’s Original Dirty Dozen!!!

He broke the ice . . . and I will always be grateful to him for believing in Clemson.

DW4 will always be Legendary in my eyes.

Tlaw will always make those around him better. Never seen a QB that could “throw someone open” when perfectly covered!!!

We are blessed to call them all Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was . . . He is a member . . .

Mar 31, 2019, 2:57 PM

Indeed he was! Though I’ll never forget that first DW completion against UGA. I just said, Woe.... That was a dart perfectly thrown. It only got better from there!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Quarterbacks ]

To be honest Clemson has been trending up at QB since Charlie Whitehurst. Even The Cullen Harper years were pretty good times at qb. Tajh Boyd just opened the flood gates for our offense.

Mar 31, 2019, 3:44 PM

It is like trying to pick your favorite child - just have to love them all!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 3:48 PM

I often wonder how Boyd would have developed if he had played under the present offensive coordinators.

Don’t you think seems a little short-sighted to declare

Mar 31, 2019, 3:52 PM

that something like that will never happen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Don’t you think seems a little short-sighted to declare

Mar 31, 2019, 3:57 PM

Sorry Judge . Watson and Lawrence play in a somewhat different offense than did Boyd. Just a thought ... in case you are thinking I’m going to make a negative post about Clemson! I assure I will not,

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic