Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prob going to be moving up in new AP polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Prob going to be moving up in new AP polls

Feb 11, 2018, 9:40 AM

With Duke at 9 lost 2 games this week 10 Kansas got beat by almost 20 to Baylor st Mary's at 11 lost and Arizona got beat by ucla handle, 15 Tennessee got beat by over 20 by bama. we goin to be making moves in this next poll and it's stupid Ohio st is above us anyways considering we have less losses and beat them head to head on their home court. I can see top 12 imo. Hopefully higher!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prob going to be moving up in new AP polls

Feb 11, 2018, 9:57 AM

I would wager my next paycheck that 90% of the AP voters have no idea Clemson beat tOSU in Columbus. Think Clemson deserves a top 12 ranking but the AP poll means less in basketball than it does in football and that’s saying a lot. Be sure though, the committee will know that.

Feb 11, 2018, 10:59 AM

I doubt if there has ever been a time when the Tigers were ranked ahead Kentucky,Duke,UNC,Kansas and Ohio State But they may be tomorrow when the polls are updated. Our only concern now is the game in Tallahassee candy will be a tough road game.

Feb 11, 2018, 11:20 AM

Look it up. Once upon a time, Clemson was ranked #2 in the AP after beating Puke in the LJ. (Around '96.)

Feb 11, 2018, 11:28 AM

Interesting. Who was number one ahead of us?

Feb 11, 2018, 11:33 AM

I'm not sure who was #1, but Wake was #3 in the AP. I think the coaches poll had them #2 and us #3. They had Tim Duncan at the time and we played them the next game. I was a freshman that year and my group was the last to get tickets to the game after standing in line for over 5 hours. We were in the rafters. Good times!!!

Feb 11, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Prob going to be moving up in new AP polls ]

Jan 21st, 2017, Clemson was ranked no. 2 AP, with a 16-1 record, for Rick Barnes. The only lose was to Minnesota. (I don't know how to find the #1 at the time; might have been Minn.)

Kansas was #1 and was almost all year

Feb 11, 2018, 12:41 PM

The Jayhawks almost went wire-to-wire, but they started the season #2. They went 29-1 in the regular season, but ran across Arizona in the Sweet 16 and feel to the 'Cats. Arizona beat three #1 seeds that year to win the title; the only one they did not beat was Minnesota.

Yeah, we lost to Minnesota twice that year, and both games were nailbiters. Of course, Minnesota had to vacate all the wins from that season because of academic fraud. The first game they won by 10, but it was a lot tighter than the score indicated.

The second game, which was in the Sweet 16, was a heartbreaker. Clemson had a lead in the first OT and I felt like we were taking them out. No such luck.

I remember the Wake-Clemson game in LJ very well. That was an epic battle, and that Wake Forest team was unbelievably good. Having Tim Duncan was the difference of course, but they had three guys that were 6'10" or bigger that they'd roll out on you.

Relatively early that season, the Tigers beat Kentucky

Feb 11, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Prob going to be moving up in new AP polls ]

in Lexington and moved into the #2 spot nationally.......it didn't last long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relatively early that season, the Tigers beat Kentucky

Feb 11, 2018, 11:59 AM

Actually, the Tigers lost to Minnesota in double overtime. A win there would have sent the Tigers to the final four but the Gophers beat the Tigers for the second time that year. A great year for coach Barnes and the Tigers. They played a tough schedule and had a fabulous year. Not a team loaded with stars if I remember correctly. Wide man and Iturbee and Whitt and a point guard who is a legend in my book! Really miss those Barnes years.

Re: Relatively early that season, the Tigers beat Kentucky

Feb 11, 2018, 12:06 PM

Minn lost to Kentucky and eventually Arizona beat the Wildcats for the championship. Tigers came sooooo close. Hope this years team can match that one.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic