Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post and Courier article in yesterday’s paper...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,105

Post and Courier article in yesterday’s paper...

Jan 27, 2019, 6:14 PM

regarding drug testing at Clemson is the hottest thread on Ohio State message board today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This coment below the story is the best reply among all

Jan 27, 2019, 6:25 PM

the other negative responses. This guy summed it up pretty well. I will not copy his name, but also don't want to take credit for his reply.

ook, Gene, I get it. All this winning that Clemson is doing has you a little triggered. But, aren’t you a "columnist?" This article, as hackneyed as it may be, looks like “reporting” (or at least an attempt at reporting) to me.

Regardless, can you at least have the intellectual honesty to admit that the testing in question is extra testing given to only the four playoff teams each year; and as such, this is the first time in four years (because, you know, we have been in the playoffs each of the last four years) that anyone at Clemson has tested positive for anything resembling a PED?

We had ZERO positive tests (for PED’s) in 2015, 2016, and 2017 during those playoff runs. As for the three players in question, if Zach Giella, God Love Him, is on some sort of double-secret “PED,” it does not appear to be helping him to the point that he gets meaningful snaps in games. Galloway was injured much of the year, so we didn’t get much benefit from him either.

And as for poor Lawrence, anyone that knows enough about football or medicine to fill a thimble knows that he played on one leg all year last year. Common sense would tell me that if he was going to be tempted to cut a corner, he would have cut said corner last year.

Clemson has a very good idea of how and why this happened, but out of respect for these kids, they are not going to put it out there. But, by all means, continue to stir the pot. It is a little early for your grossly inaccurate Pre-Season Prediction Column on U of SC anyways.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This coment below the story is the best reply among all

Jan 27, 2019, 6:37 PM

That was awesome!!

Re: This coment below the story is the best reply among all

Jan 27, 2019, 6:57 PM [ in reply to This coment below the story is the best reply among all ]

the response implies Clemson knows how/ where they got it. I've seen the opposite said most other places. That they have no leads despite a diligent search for answers. I think I will wait till we hear something official. Hearsay and speculation so far it seems

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but what stands out in his reply is the FACT that we

Jan 27, 2019, 7:24 PM

know with certainty that Clemson had no positive test results when tested for the 2015, 2016, and 2017 season-ending playoffs. I think that is what stands out to me. Your point is well taken though, and true.

Hate to say it, because I have grandkids in the

Jan 27, 2019, 6:41 PM

Columbus area. Looking at various sites after our Championship, that Ohio State crowd seemed to be the whiniest, snarliest of the lot, including our Chicken opponents.

No doubt, the Butt-eyes will be interpreting the article to suit themselves, and no doubt, the author with the P&C is a POS, half-assssed excuse for a journalist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to say it, because I have grandkids in the

Jan 27, 2019, 7:05 PM

Just tell them 31 times there's zero to worry about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo should champion a new rule for Gene

Jan 27, 2019, 6:45 PM

Weekly drug tests for all players for all teams. Failed test = no play.

Believe it was David Hood who said last week that Clemson was spending tons of $ to

Jan 27, 2019, 6:50 PM

to find the cause and/or possible product that could have been ingested, drunk, inhaled or injected.

So, seems they may Not have found the culprit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post and Courier article in yesterday’s paper...

Jan 27, 2019, 6:53 PM

To me, the drug isn't even your normal PED. It helps you get back on the field faster maybe...after an injury. It's a muscle rehabilitation drug, not an actual performance enhancer. Either way, being a trace amount in 1 starter and 2 that never really see the field says enough for me.

the common thread is that all 3 of those players

Jan 27, 2019, 9:35 PM

has dealt with a foot issue/injury... I wouldn't be surprised if some painkiller is responsible for a false positive, probably used on the injury site whether topical or injected

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post and Courier article in yesterday’s paper...

Jan 27, 2019, 7:02 PM

When your school has a nurse required by law to report domestic abuse and is married to the Head Coach, you Butteyes need to SDASTFU...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackoffncough...err Sapakoff

Jan 27, 2019, 11:34 PM

Starting some ####.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic