Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Possible? Auburn beats UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Possible? Auburn beats UGA

Nov 9, 2018, 7:16 AM

Then UGA beats bama in championship game, would committee put 2 loss UGA in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possible? Auburn beats UGA

Nov 9, 2018, 8:05 AM

Everything I have heard is that NO TWO LOSS team will be in the CFP. But - we are talking the SEC here, so there's that.

That said, be careful of: UGA wins out and beats Bama in the SECCG. Both have 1-loss, and UGA will get in, and so will Bama. Instant replay of last year almost (except Bama will play in the SECCG this time and actually have to play that 13th game that they rested during last year).

Clemson fans love to b*tch about Bama getting an

Nov 9, 2018, 8:27 AM

extra week of rest and all against us last year, but that situation was identical to the Ohio State game in 2016 and we murdered them. Bama was just flat out better than us last year because our offense was too 1-dimensional (the dimension that Bama crushes no less) and they would've beaten us by 18 even if they played a 13th game.

Re: Clemson fans love to b*tch about Bama getting an

Nov 9, 2018, 9:37 AM

I think the issue as it relates to BAMA and extra time is that Saban is a defensive genius. Given time he will figure out how to beat you one way or another. Kind of like BV.

Nov 9, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Possible? Auburn beats UGA ]

Historically in that series, regardless of ranking, any team can always win. The only real trend in the series is that the visitor usually wins.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:09 AM

No

Auburn isn't beating Georgia in Athens

Nov 9, 2018, 8:18 AM

They are way too limited offensively. Georgia will wear that defense down and pull away in the 2nd half.

A 2-loss team is going to get into the playoff at some point. In 2007, the year of CFB chaos, a 2-loss team made the 2-team playoff so there's absolutely no reason to think a 2-loss team won't make a 4-team playoff. This doesn't appear to be the year for it to happen, but you never know. I think an 11-2 UGA team that beats Bama in the SECCG to win the league is absolutely in the hunt for a playoff spot, they would just need some help from other teams losing.

The same Auburn that got beat by a really bad Tennessee team***

Nov 9, 2018, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 9, 2018, 9:40 AM

If Michigan and ND win, nope. Because there would be a chance for Oklahoma if they win out

Nov 9, 2018, 10:46 AM

Always a chance. Rival game. That’s why they play the game

Nov 9, 2018, 10:50 AM

I thought he was asking if a 2 loss UGA could make the playoff. I said no.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:01 PM

The way the talking heads are saying that bama is a lock no matter what caused me to think of this. They couldn’t take bama if they just lost to Georgia and the others won out. This would be ESPNs worst fear.

The largest unwritten rule in the CFP is that the SEC

Nov 9, 2018, 10:56 AM

Champions SHALL NOT BE LEFT OUT. No matter who they are, and how many losses they have. If it ever happens, all Law Enforcement agencies everywhere better know where Harvey Updike is. (Unless it's Auburn, then he will be happy they got left out.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic