Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 21, 2019, 8:10 AM

Friday night, procured some Hopslam, Frodo's for supper then in for the night.

Saturday, Go to the ultra conservative wedding of a co-worker. Apparently some people think me saying I want to be somewhere by 1:45 means leave the house at 1:45. The bride was in the vestibule when we arrived. At least we weren't the last ones. Made chili for supper since it was such a gross day.

Sunday, looked at some neighborhoods watched some footballs, watched the moon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where u get hopslam?

Jan 21, 2019, 8:14 AM

Greenville?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Community Tap. Beer Exchange was sold out by the time

Jan 21, 2019, 8:17 AM

we got there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They still have it?***

Jan 21, 2019, 8:18 AM

Well, they still had some cans when I left on Friday.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:20 AM

I do not have viability on their inventory at this time.

Re: Well, they still had some cans when I left on Friday.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:25 AM

They sold out on Friday

Kinda laid back for a good change

Jan 21, 2019, 8:16 AM

After Cotton bowl travel, Cali travel, and Scotland travel! Bod was tired.
Bowled Sat evening for 1st time in yrs, painted a bathroom, drank Ed Oast and gin tonics during games.
Still tired....

Kind of average

Fri - Stayed home with sick baby that wasn't really sick anymore. BOGO Marco's for dinner.

Sat - Nothing all day, went to family bbq in Donalds

Sun - Babby dedication at church, family over to our house for Sunday dinner, played football in the front yard like the Lord intended for Sunday afternoons.

Rested up

Friday: nothing of note

Saturday: Watched some soccer, went outside and ran/walked a while. Watched a few movies on the Netflix. Had tacos and stayed up way too late to see the corpse known as Pete Davidson with the lamest Clemson shirt ever.

Sunday: slept in a bit, church, watched soccer. Watched the NFL playoffs and shocked that NFL refs are that bad. Not at one point did I even imagine Brady would lose. I guess I am cheering for Dwayne Allen to get a ring.

10/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you do from 12:30 to about 2:00 on Saturday?

Jan 21, 2019, 8:27 AM

huh? huh?

2-0

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said I watched some soccer

Jan 21, 2019, 8:32 AM

didn't say I watched some good soccer

Chit!

Jan 21, 2019, 8:22 AM

I watched datgame six times, cooked a pot of BBQ pork and watched the game again.

WOOD DEW? I'm gonna do. 10/10 until I die or we lose a football game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still going on

Jan 21, 2019, 8:30 AM

Friday mixed business (meeting in Greenville) with pleasure (lunch at Smoke on the water)

Saturday guild day at the forge, lunch at Strawberry Hill (they’ve upped their burger game considerably)

Sunday lunch at mommer’s eclipse viewing at midnight

Today still in bed looks too cold to get up

Basketbally

Jan 21, 2019, 8:34 AM

Friday night assisted our hot basketball coach with the Biddy team. I think we won, but when the kids are 4-7, who really cares? My kids played well, hustled, got rebounds, nice.gif

Saturday morning up for a run but weather forced that indoors. Quick pump at the gym and then off to brunch and watch Nephew's church basketball game. They won against a team with a real bad attitude. Tried to use that as a teaching moment for the kids. Probably didn't take. Home to watch some futbol from 12:30-2:00 where London was rightfully claimed for the Gunners. Suck it, Chelsea. Then clean up the house and off to South Park to let wife shop and go to dinner at the Red Rock Cafe. Food was OK to decent but nothing I would write home about. Absolutely stuffed. Best part was Bell's Two-Hearted and the Chocolate Cake that they bring in from an outside bakery. Home to get kids asleep so we can stay up, nomsayin?

Sunday morning up for church then lunch then grocery store then basketball practice. Entire team was struggling so it kinda sucked. Home & got ready for Monday. Cooked turkey burgers, roasted broccoli, and baked sweet potato fries for dinner. Kids to bed again and we went for another round.

Up at 5:00 this morning to start it all over again.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m going to hafta call a technical on you Coach

Jan 21, 2019, 8:39 AM

Pigs of hot biddy coach?

Come on! We got rules around this place.

At least we used too.

Meh......

Jan 21, 2019, 8:47 AM

Let's see. Saturday, did some work work, house work, bought groceries for mom. Took out her trash, got the mail, fixed her router/PC, sink faucet, and treated her water system. Washed clothes. Watched my son cook an omelet better than I can. Watched Star Wars Episode 1 with boys. 5yo is into Star Wars now.

Sunday, humm. Went to the grocery store for our house. Went and saw dad. Took him some new reading glasses, and the SI NC edition, and several Orange and White (Experience) mags that had collected. He seemed to be doing ok, not sure he can read the magazines even with the new glasses. He slept most of the time though. Cooked supper last night (steaks, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and Greek salad). Did dishes, watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy with 10yo (he picked the movie last night). Weird movie. Like just....weird. He liked it, so that's good.

Now both 5yo and 1yo have hoof and mouth disease. Or hand, foot, and mouth....whatever. 5yo seems to have it less severe.

Overall kind of meh, 7/10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hitchhiker Guide is a great book(s). I have watched SOME of

Jan 21, 2019, 8:50 AM

the movie but never got all the way through. Mos Def though, I like him in everything he does.

Just the cheese factor was way up there. Neat plot idea

Jan 21, 2019, 8:54 AM

Not well executed though. But after a while I lost interest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Executive Summary: Wife worked and stuck me with the kids

Jan 21, 2019, 9:12 AM

Friday - Wife worked. Worked on the bathroom renovation. Ate Mexican. Drank beers.

Saturday - Wife worked. Went to oyster roast at my brother's father in law's house. Rode around on side by sides and drank lots of beer. Met lots of new and interesting folks. Convinced wife that the new friend she met at the roast was a pron-star. She was actually a dental hygienist.

Sunday - Wife worked. Took the kids to a nice restaurant for lunch. The to Home Depot, then to Lowes, then back home to work on my bathroom renovation. Went to bed early.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Pigs of hygienic #### star?***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:13 AM

Re: Pigs of hygienic #### star?***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:20 AM

Sorry, don't have any.

The story was a perfect set-up.

Apparently pr0n star "Charity Bangs" hangs out at their house from time to time (but not this time).

Wife starts hitting it off with this rednecky, but cute woman in the 35-40yr range. I tried (unsucessfully) to parlay a threesome.

When we got home, I said, "man, you really hit it off with that pr0n star". Wife freaked out because she's a prude and thought she had contracted Conversational AIDS.

I let her get all worked up (not the good kind of worked up) and then I let her know I was JKing.

Nice restaurant, huh ?

Jan 21, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Executive Summary: Wife worked and stuck me with the kids ]

It was Rush's wasn't it ?

Root Cellar

Jan 21, 2019, 12:05 PM

It's fairly nice, when compared to the usual places I take my kids when I'm being lazy.

It has two dollar signs on Yelp...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-root-cellar-lexington

Hummm.......

Jan 21, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Executive Summary: Wife worked and stuck me with the kids ]

Does your wife earn more than you? Do you have a child 1yo or thereabouts? Is she in her mid 30's to 40yo? Does she have a college degree? Does she work from home?

Axing for a frand....

I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Jan 21, 2019, 12:03 PM

Does your wife earn more than you? NO
Do you have a child 1yo or thereabouts? NO
Is she in her mid 30's to 40yo? NO
Does she have a college degree? YES
Does she work from home? NO

Tiggity®

THANKS. IT DOES.***

Jan 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

If'n I recollect right, I think I would enjoy sarahadidas's

Jan 21, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I HOPE THIS HELPS. ]

job way too much

Bra inspector?

Jan 21, 2019, 4:16 PM

I could go for that one. Or BBQ contest judge. Maybe have both those jobs.

Re: Bra inspector? ***very close***

Jan 21, 2019, 5:13 PM

Or, as I explain it to my kids, "she milks other mommys".

Moving in the right direction.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:17 AM

After several weeks of being on hold with Mom-in-law/hospital/rehab situation, this weekend was back to being somewhat normal as MIL is doing great at the rehab and doesn't require Mrs. Tig's 27/7 attention.

Friday, took half day, went to The College Shoppe and bought a coffee cup (my first Natty swag item). Coffee just hasn't been the same since I broke the handle on 2016 cup in mid-December. Ran a few more errands, then home for long walk with the pup. Had a couple of beers until it was time to leave for dinner, hit Sabor Latin Street Grill near Tega Cay. It was good, but FAR from the quality of the original NoDa location. After tacos, went to Puckett's Farm Equipment to see Jive Mother Mary. Not many people there and the sound man had struggles, but really glad I finally got to see them live. They're a great up and coming rock band. very much a Black Crowes/Allman Brothers/Southern Rock jam band vibe.

Saturday, slept in, got up and did the lazy coffee thing for a couple of hours, then off to then Charlotte RV show. Got to see a lot of the models in person that we have researched and pretty sure we have narrowed our choices down to a couple. It was very cool walking through some of the $300k-$500k models too. Left the show and made it to the legendary Le's Sandwiches & Cafe for traditional Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches before they closed at 5. It's in a part of Charlotte that you can't get there from here, in a dead strip mall that looks like a great film location for a post-apocalyptic movie, but they really are the best freaking sandwiches. Made a beer stop at Frugal McDoogal's on the way home so I could replenish my supply of Mexican/Caribbean beers.

Sunday, lazy day, grocery run, watched both NFL games, cooked ribeyes and stuffed portabello shrooms, crashed a little early.

After careful calculations using complex mathematics equations, the weekend scored a

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Rewatched Natty game. (2018)

Jan 21, 2019, 9:28 AM

Bout it.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jan 21, 2019, 10:54 AM

eff Hopslam. Until it's on my Food Lion shelf, I'm knot wasting any more time hunting that ish down. It's a myth anyway.

Anyhoo...

Friday night. Dinner with mrs.
Sat kid's b-ball game... messed around the house. Weather chitty.
Sunday went to the woods de deer with the mission of clearing some of the 40,000 trees that fell across our roads during hunting season from the hurrycanes and ice/snow. I'm sore today. It was coldish. It was windy. I ain't going out of doors today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, I didn't die.

Jan 21, 2019, 11:00 AM

Fought a bought of acid reflux all weekend.

-1,000/10 Dew not wreck or mend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

welp wilbur didn't die***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic