Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golf question, but since it’s Masters week I think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Golf question, but since it’s Masters week I think

Apr 6, 2018, 7:44 PM

most of us football fans are also golf fans. The USGA continues to stress that a foursome should play a round in four hours or less. I agree, and my group has always been able to do that. HOWEVER, what example does the PGA set? The last THREESOME (not foursome) today teed off at 2:00 today. We are 5:40 since they teed off and they are still on the course. I see a little bit of irony here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golf question, but since it’s Masters week I think

Apr 6, 2018, 7:54 PM

With the speed and slope of those greens, I think they do pretty well to play it as quickly as they do. I once had the good fortune to play the course. The green complexes give you a lot to think about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2018, 8:13 PM

Did you frame the scorecard?That is memento in itself

Apr 6, 2018, 8:25 PM

No, but I came back with every momento I could get my hands on, including a few I shouldn't have. I broke 80 (barely), and I was very proud of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P.S.

Apr 6, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Golf question, but since it’s Masters week I think ]

On every tee they have coolers with bottles of water with the ANGC logo. The water is labeled as spring water from Oconee County. I even brought a couple of them back.

Re: P.S.

Apr 6, 2018, 8:39 PM

Are the greens difficult for the amateur to read ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2018, 8:41 PM

Somewhat difficult to read, but they aren’t typically cut so tight and the misses aren’t as pentalizing.

Apr 6, 2018, 8:53 PM

True, but they are still quite fast. Actually, the fastest greens I ever putted in non-tournament conditions were at Musgrove Mill. Maybe they were the fastest under any conditions.

Apr 7, 2018, 7:37 AM

I have played Musgrove Mill a number of times and you are correct - very fast greens!! I love the course!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: P.S. ]

Extremely. They even have a small amount of grain which I would have never imagined, considering they are bent grass. Without the caddie, I would have been clueless.

Apr 6, 2018, 8:39 PM

They are walking.

can I ask why is golf so popular amongst the crowd on here?

Apr 6, 2018, 9:09 PM

Like I'm honestly curious. Is it just the fact that there are a lot of golf courses in SC?

Re: can I ask why is golf so popular amongst the crowd on here?

Apr 6, 2018, 9:31 PM

I know you're a tennis guy, but think of it this way. Even if you don't play golf regularly, there are a number of Clemson guys on tour to pull for. Since Sampras, there hasn't been an American male to get excited about, much less any Clemson players. That's part of the reason, and I say this as someone who used to play a fair amount of tennis, in addition to golf.

Golf goes well with beer.

Apr 6, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to can I ask why is golf so popular amongst the crowd on here? ]

I can't think of another sport where it is acceptable to have one in the middle of competition.

Apr 6, 2018, 9:53 PM [ in reply to can I ask why is golf so popular amongst the crowd on here? ]

Golf is popular because it is a sport that anybody can play after high school or college is over. I didn't play in school and wish I would have. Started playing about 4 or 5 years ago and I can't get enough. My grandpa was a scratch golfer but played everyday as he retired from the navy after 25 years. I think a lot of us it is just passed down from generation as it has been a big deal in the south since golf came to America. It doenst hurt that there are a lot of courses around here but I would think there are all across America but not sure.

Apr 6, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to can I ask why is golf so popular amongst the crowd on here? ]

I love playing Golf a whole lot,not great at it by no means but not bad at it either.Was brought up in the game at a early age when my dad was a GM at five courses in the Myrtle Beach area.Myrtle Beach being the Golf Capital of the World with 100 courses right now and at one time 125 up until the early 2000's,it just made it easy for me to love the game.

Apr 6, 2018, 9:19 PM

I played ANGC in 1979 just after Fuzzy won. It rained hard until 16. Framed my 114 scorecard. Proud of it. Greens were as fast as a hardwood floor. TV does not do justice to the up-hill, down-hill, side-hill lies on every shot from the fairway. Got to change clothes in the Champion's Locker Room and visit the Crow's Nest. Even ate a sandwich in the lounge. Memory of a lifetime!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rae's Creek on 12 and the pond on 15

Apr 6, 2018, 9:37 PM

can make a round slower...especially when Sergio Garcia splashes 5 and becomes an automatic Ace....

Paint 5 balls on the side of your bag, Sergio

Re: Rae's Creek on 12 and the pond on 15

Apr 6, 2018, 11:26 PM

Is Sergio Les Miles son?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic