Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia stripped its Fan Day down to 1 hour
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Georgia stripped its Fan Day down to 1 hour

Aug 11, 2019, 10:29 PM

Players were only allowed to sign the posters that were handed out (no other items), and no photos with players or Smart were allowed. They jammed it all into their indoor practice facility.

Dabo would never do something like that. He clearly values the fans, and I think he considers it very important that his players see and feel how much Clemson football matters to a great many people.

Even at 2 hrs and 30 minutes our fan day is rough because the crowds are so huge, but I think the football program does a pretty good job of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia stripped its Fan Day down to 1 hour

Dec 14, 2020, 12:41 PM

Agree.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it helps rush things along at UGa that they do not have

Aug 11, 2019, 11:52 PM

any of those pesky national championship trophies (in the last 2 decades anyhow) that fans want to have their pictures made with.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2.5 hours...

Aug 12, 2019, 7:03 AM

Will we be tired for the Natty? Looks like SEC teams get an extra 1.5 hours of rest??

Sounds like they choked again when they...

Aug 12, 2019, 7:29 AM

had an opportunity to look good on a big stage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 12, 2019, 7:42 AM

They should have an age limit on fan day. I think it’s kind of ridiculous that grown people are out here trying to get free autographs from these kids. Going to fan day and get memorabilia signed to sell it and these kids don’t get nothing for it. It should be for kids only. These money hungry people are ruining it for the ones it’s designed for

I don’t disagree with everything you say. In fact, some good points. But I

Aug 12, 2019, 7:46 AM

Wonder how many people actually sell it? I’m sure some do but I would bet the majority don’t.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Georgia stripped its Fan Day down to 1 hour ]

I agree also. I understand the excitement on meeting players and coaches, but we are grown adults and with limited time should let the kids be 1st to see their hero's. Waiting with my granddaughters in the tiger line, it really aggravated me to see adults take 5 to 10 minutes posing and shooting the breeze as if no one else was there waiting as time tick down to 5. I know this is a silly rant, I just agree with yoy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 8:07 AM

If UGA schedules 1 hour, they will only appear for 45 minutes...

Aug 12, 2019, 8:12 AM

WHAT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IS IF THE PATHETIC INDIVIDUALS THAT SHOW UP WITHOUT KIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN. THIS EVENT SHOULD BE FOR THE KIDS.

Re: PATHETIC INDIVIDUALS THAT SHOW UP WITHOUT KIDS

Aug 12, 2019, 8:44 PM

Are you related to the woman who experienced total road rage in a pretzel line at the Magic Kingdom?

Didn't Slurrier charge for his signature at uof5c's fan day***

Aug 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 12, 2019, 8:26 AM

What is even worse I heard the poster pictured their fake punt play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 8:37 AM

Well the Athens/Clark County Jail only allows an hour visit per inmate and the rest of the team can't be treated any different.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand it from Kirby's perspective. If they give

Aug 12, 2019, 9:09 AM

away a bunch of player autographs for free the boosters might be less willing to pay 1000's of dollars (or Ford Raptors) for them.

Excellent point***

Aug 12, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:16 AM

1. 20,000 fans at a fan day is impressive, but also a bit crazy. If you are camping out the night before to get an autograph, you need to get a life. If you are a grown man trying to get a teenager's autograph, well.......GAL.

2. I agree, the event should be focused for kids 16 and younger.

3. UGA is just trying to make sure they aren't worn out at the end of the year. These little things add up.

Has to get them back to the dorms to limit arrests.***

Aug 12, 2019, 10:08 AM

GO TIGERS!!

There's a risk of UGAy having that many players in one...

Aug 12, 2019, 5:21 PM

place for a long time now. It makes it too easy for cops to serve arrest warrants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic