Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our offensive line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,001

Our offensive line

Feb 2, 2019, 11:32 AM

It just seems to me that the o-line just doesn’t ever get enough credit for the success of our qbs, rbs, and wrs.
Those guys did an amazing job of blocking all season long and without their efforts, our offense wouldn’t have been nearly as potent as it was and we possibly wouldn’t have won the natty.
It is my sincere belief a great o-line will make even an average back great and a great back greater. We had the greatest qbs, backs, and receivers a team could ask for.
Give the guys in the trenches the credit they deserve.
JOB WELL DONE, MEN!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES..and in Bama game they circled (rather “U”ed) the wagons...

Feb 2, 2019, 11:38 AM

from the Big Bad Red Elephants for TL & ETN to shoot at them much cleaner & accurately!

Job accomplished and 44-16!

THX “O” Line~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our offensive line

Feb 2, 2019, 12:03 PM

Have you noticed that they get stronger as the game goes longer?? My favorite drive was the 10 minute, 90 yard, masterpiece last drive in the Natty.
They broke Bama's will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Trevor running the ball himself . . .

Feb 2, 2019, 12:25 PM

to pick up several first downs.

He ran at them w/ the attitude, "I've taken your best shots all game, here's one more chance for you to hit me. Bring whatcha got bammer! Here I come!"

Loved his moxie on the killing drive!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best drive ever in 60 years

Feb 2, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Our offensive line ]

watching Clemson football!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Lots of long 3rd down plays to keep that drive alive.

Feb 2, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Our offensive line ]

It wasn't essy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Our offensive line ]

Also got better as the year went on. That BC game was one of the worst OL performances I have ever seen and by the Bama game might have been of the best Clemson OL games I’ve ever seen. Definitely kudos to them for getting better each week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 12:08 PM

I had the same thought, the OL never gets their due credit. I don't remember a bad snap from the center during the entire season. I don't know the total but I don't recall our having many fumbles during the season.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree on the center snaps Joe...

Feb 2, 2019, 12:29 PM

.. Saw on one of our opponents’ sites after the game one of the posters said - what’s the deal with all of the perfect snaps? I thought they were supposed to be all over the place and just in the general direction of the QB... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It seems to me that they are constantly getting credit***

Feb 2, 2019, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It seems to me that they are constantly getting credit***

Feb 2, 2019, 1:03 PM

I just don’t see the praise given like it is for the guys in the “skill” positions Neal. Everyone talks about the rb breaking a long one or the qb throwing a “bullet” to the receiver who brings down the one handed catch.
Without the linemen creating the time, the opportunities for the skill players are fewer.
TL16, however, does credit his linemen for their work. He knows what they do for him

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2019, 1:24 PM

Agree and we’ll deserved recognition.
Seems that group got better throughout the season and peaked during the NCG.

I'm a fan, but in many ways not educated

Feb 2, 2019, 3:07 PM

On the finer points of line play. Some of my favorite articles are the detailed breakdown of specific plays where blocking strategy and line execution are shown.

When I re-watch games on ESPN or youtube, I like to pause-play-pause to see exactly what each lineman is doing to make a play successful.

So just a suggestion to get more of this. STS does some which I appreciate.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Feb 2, 2019, 3:10 PM

Seems to me they got better as the season progressed. Should be tremendous next year.

Feb 2, 2019, 4:11 PM

Here! Here!

Read that the 10+ minute drive longest in Clemson History...

Feb 2, 2019, 4:36 PM

especially “Not Wanting To Score” on purpose, by bossman DaBO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, old saying is correct: The O-Line is doing

Feb 2, 2019, 6:38 PM

great when nobody notices them.

And you're right, they protected TL like he was fine china and he sat back their as cool as a cucumber all night long (against the greates team in football history [cough, cough]).

Championships are won in the trenches, and we had Tiger warriors in ours.

Feb 2, 2019, 10:20 PM

Absolutely right! Unsung heroes!

Feb 2, 2019, 10:20 PM

Absolutely right! Unsung heroes!

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic