Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party

Jan 21, 2019, 12:48 PM

We couldn’t have won this year w KB. CDS made the right decision. Points for all

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party

Jan 21, 2019, 12:49 PM

good call

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 12:49 PM

Absolutely JohnF

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It does help that we have the #1 QB for draft next few years.

Jan 21, 2019, 12:52 PM

And first round draft picks at WR.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 12:53 PM

you make a good point but if you really look at the games we played..we could have won with Kelly because regardless of the buzz Lawrence is getting....the running game, Offensive Line, and of course the defense really set the tone all year....my MVP of the season has to be the Oline which only game up 1.13 sacks all season...even though running backs accounted 47 tds...but it was a good decision to put the high power back into our offense. You have to remember...without Kelly Bryant...we don't beat Texas A&M

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 1:00 PM

TL got the ball out quickly. KB would have tucked and run, right into sacks.
The downfield threat from TL kept defenses from just stacking the box. The OL would have faced different pressure with KB.
The number would have been a lot higher than 1.13 with KB back there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^ Gets It ^^^***

Jan 21, 2019, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way vs Bama***

Jan 21, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party ]

Jan 21, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party ]

Bak Bak Bak

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but TL needed to play early so the weight of a loss...

Jan 21, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party ]

would be his. There's only one way to desensitize someone to pressure and that's experience under pressure. Any thoughts that KB could have continued to start all season and then expect Trevor to come out and beat Bama is pure foolishness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would not have been 15-0 with KB at QB all year

Jan 21, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Our QB can throw the ball to win nattys point party ]

We beat Alabama by completing huge passes on 3rd down - passes KB simply could not make. And the OL isn't the only factor in sacks, the QB plays a big role too.

Sack rate by QB over the last 4 years:

2015 Watson - 3.0%
2016 Watson - 2.9%
2017 Bryant - 6.5%
2018 Bryant - 6.9%
2018 Lawrence - 2.7%

As you can see, Bryant got sacked over 2.5x more frequently than Lawrence behind the same OL. His sack rate stands in sharp contrast to both Watson and Lawrence.

Jan 21, 2019, 1:31 PM

Look out, I'm betting there are still some pretty sore about that move, and will disagree with your comment;) :)

I think it was just a matter of time.

Jan 21, 2019, 1:45 PM

I hadn't seen much Trevor film but in our spring game he blew me away. It's pretty obvious that for a freshman to take the QB starting job they need a few weeks to become accustomed to the speed of the game and gain some knowledge of the playbook. I doubt it matters who they are or how good they are at the position.

Imo, if DW and TL had to wait four games to start it's likely we'll never see a freshman taking the job any earlier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it was just a matter of time.

Jan 21, 2019, 2:10 PM

DW would have beaten Georgia in Athens. Comes in, throws an amazing TD pass, and then sits right back down on the bench until the 3 and Outs take their toll and our D is gassed. It was a shame.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

+1

Jan 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

TL eventually took the job like I thought. What I didn’t like were the folks who were bashing our staff for not starting him from day one. What I didn’t like were the unnecessary shots at KB. Anyone with a little bit of football knowledge knew KB was/is not the type of QB that could lead us to victory over Bama. However I let the KB bashing go without saying anything after he left like he did. It wasn’t leaving, he’s doing what he needs to do, it’s the way he left. It’s not a slap in the face to start the player that allows us to use all of our playmakers. Those playmakers will get a bigger paycheck from the NFL because of it. The seniors that came back to win it all were rewarded as well. It’s selfish to think the entire team should be held back because you’ve been here forever and waited your turn. Best wishes to the guy. He’s lucky to be playing the game with Crohn’s but nobody slapped him in the face. Hopefully he will get a shot at the NFL but we all know he’s not an NFL QB. I honestly don’t think he possesses the elite speed to move to another position with his frame either.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1

Jan 21, 2019, 2:36 PM

I think that KB could play as a RB in the NFL if he could gain a little more speed, and retool his body for strength, bc he is athletic....

Re: +1

Jan 21, 2019, 3:35 PM

I hope so. He’s got an inspirational story if he can make it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir! Btw who won the Official Score Prediction?***

Jan 21, 2019, 2:21 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic