Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing I wish the media would get about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

One thing I wish the media would get about Clemson

Oct 24, 2018, 10:27 AM

and I assume the media guide doesn't mention it (since none of the media seem to get it), is that in addition to Howard's Rock and The Hill, another great and unique Clemson tradition is allowing fans on to the field after the game. This is one of my favorite memories of Clemson games when I was little - jumping over the wall, running out onto the field into the sea of giants that were the football team, and trying to get the autograph of a key guy. I never got that - always got the benchwarmer who had the clean jersey and not a drop of sweat on him - but still, it was a lot of fun. Meeting the players, throwing a football around on the field, looking up into the stands the way the players might have - what a great opportunity and, as far as I know, Clemson is the ONLY major school to not only allow it but to make it a tradition.

All this crap of "storming the field" after beating Syracuse or whomever - these guys haven't a clue. We "storm the field" after every game so we can congratulate our players and thank them for giving us a great 4 hours in the Valley. It's one of the great things that makes Clemson great and unique in the college football world and is truly a situation of "Nowhere else but Clemson!"

I don't go to games often, for a variety of reasons, but when I do get to take my family, I make sure we have lower bowl seats, even if they're end zone, so we can take part in that great tradition and "storm the field." It's one of the many things that makes Clemson unique.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I wish the media would get about Clemson

Oct 24, 2018, 10:30 AM

MEDIAing

Re: One thing I wish the media would get about Clemson

Oct 24, 2018, 10:30 AM

MEDIAing

I fear the tradition will end soon. How many years have they been

Oct 24, 2018, 1:42 PM

asking people to wait 30 seconds before entering the field? We absolutely “storm” the field (pouring over the wall and running like Forrest Gump) when someone gets hurt or someone gets inappropriate with a visiting player then it will be over.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic