Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One rule I wish they would change in basketball...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

One rule I wish they would change in basketball...

Apr 1, 2018, 7:40 PM

If the offensive player is clearly in possession of the ball, and gets tied up by a defensive player, the defense should get the ball. Excellent defense should be rewarded! If no team is in clear possession of the ball, then go with the possession arrow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One rule I wish they would change in basketball...

Apr 1, 2018, 7:43 PM

Re institute the jump ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

make half court the 4 point line***

Apr 1, 2018, 8:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, make it the 3-point line.....

Apr 1, 2018, 8:22 PM

basketball has become nearly unwatchable with this 3 point nonsense.

I heard 2 different CBS national shows on WCCP today talking about how we need to eliminate it. Glad to hear others see the same terrible evolution of the sport that I am seeing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, or at least make it a 25' or 26' arc that

Apr 1, 2018, 8:46 PM

intersects both sidelines instead of being moved in as it nears the sidelines. It should be more of a high-risk shot. As it is now, offenses are either geared to get a 3 or a slam dunk; there is very little in between. Teams that excel at the 3 win; those who don't, don't. It's become one dimensional. But, I'm getting old and that's just me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 1, 2018, 8:27 PM

Yep I agree. Reward the defense for good play.

It would be great if they'd just enforce the rules they

Apr 1, 2018, 8:29 PM

already have instead of pretending they don't exist, or pretending they don't see the violation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

im gonna have to call walking on this post

Apr 1, 2018, 11:49 PM

lol jk

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or carrying.***

Apr 2, 2018, 12:20 AM

- H. L. Mencken

I agree. That rule sucks. THe defense could tie you up three

Apr 1, 2018, 9:17 PM

possessions in a row and only gain one possession. Same for when a ball gets stuck in the rim. If the offense shoots a ball that bad, the defense should get possession.

Apr 2, 2018, 6:38 AM

I would like to see the ncaa, acc, etc... Not let acc refs be trained on Tobacco Road.

I would also like to see the nba take guys straight out of high school and if not they have to wait 2 or 3 years to get them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On ESPN this morning they said the NCAA is likely....

Apr 2, 2018, 8:09 AM

going to move the 3pt line back and also widen the lane. Why do they want to widen the lane? Maybe to open it up some?

Re: On ESPN this morning they said the NCAA is likely....

Apr 2, 2018, 10:17 AM

they experimented w the lane thing in the NIT

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On ESPN this morning they said the NCAA is likely....

Apr 2, 2018, 10:20 AM

The extended the 3 pt line out as well, and also split the game up into 4 quarters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2018, 8:38 AM

In my mind, fouls should be real penalties, not a way for a team that has played poorly to get back into the game. Teams should have the option of shooting a 1-1 or getting the ball on an inbounds play. I think it is especially unfair to foul a team down by 3 and forcing them to shoot free throws and taking away their ability to shoot a 3.

I have a few suggestions

Apr 2, 2018, 3:37 PM

1) Make the ball oval shaped and brown
2) Make the court a grass field that's 100 yards long.
3) Add 6 more players per team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2018, 8:00 PM

I've never understood why a defender is called for a foul when contact is initiated by the offensive player - like when the shooter leans into the defender or the defender is moving toward the basket and gets run over by the offensive player.

I've also never understood why a player wearing blue gets the benefit of the doubt on all close calls. It just doesn't seem right.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic