Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On the QBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

On the QBs

Sep 16, 2018, 7:48 PM

Putting Kelly out there is now like putting a square peg in s round hole. Our offense is better with Lawrence ( and maybe even Brice). Our offense with a Kelly lulls you to sleep and will easily be stopped by a decent to good team.

I don’t know if Lawrence can lead our team to a National Title this year but I am fairly certain KB cannot. Practice what you preach coaches and play the best player. Stop trying to appease everyone

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

greenvillealum07:

Sep 16, 2018, 7:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: greenvillealum07:

Sep 16, 2018, 7:51 PM

Clueless about what. KB isn’t good bud

Re: greenvillealum07:

Sep 16, 2018, 9:56 PM

Just good enough to score 2 TDs in the second half against A&M to give us the lead for good. Our O is different with TL and the passing game opens up downfield for sure but KB is good. He can hit the deep ball and the short passes. His running game is outstanding and it gives us and extra blocker when he runs. I would like for one QB to take over but right now I believe the rotation is the way to go.

Re:

Sep 16, 2018, 11:33 PM

Other than the fumbled snap, Kelly looked pretty good vs A&M until we went into prevent mode--on offense. You know, where KB keeps the ball 8 plays in a row, because we think our defense alone should be able to protect a 15-point lead.

Not sure if that's the coaches' fault or Kelly's for doing that again, but regardless it's fairly stupid. The fact that they--and you--believe it helped us win is mind-boggling. If burning clock and avoiding a fumble are the only priorities, why don't we just take a knee 7 plays in a row? Ok, he made a nice move and got 27 yards and a fresh set of downs on the first run. After that they overcommitted to the box, so your theoretical one-man advantage is not just gone but reversed because you're leaving useless WRs on the field that you're not even looking to throw to.

I hate to break it to you guys, but we all should have learned from DW4. You know how quickly a well-drilled team can drive the length of the field in college football? About 40 seconds.

Fourth quarter possessions should never be about killing clock. They should be about maintaining possession. That's where we need to improve most right now. And KB is not as good as TL in that category right now, though i grant that we still don't know how good TL would have been vs A&M.

We do know that after that first run, Kelly's next 7 keepers were only a "game-winning" tactic if you consider 'at least he didn't fumble' as a game-winning strategy. Since KB has as many fumbles this year as the rest of the team combined, maybe you're right by default.

Though the rest of us would prefer he hand the ball to a RB in a balanced offense.

Re:

Sep 16, 2018, 11:52 PM

I would rather us have thrown it a few times so idk where you get that I think it helped us win. I do believe our D should hold onto a 15 point lead against anybody with 1 quarter left tho no matter what our O does unless it's a pick 6. We made it easy on them with the bad punt as well. I would like to see KB throw it there on that last offensive drive tho for sure. I would trust him to but it's a hard decision as a coach. Up 8 with under 3 minutes left it may be best to run clock and make them burn timeouts with the D we have. I like trying to win the game on offense but Dabo usually chooses to run the ball in that situation. It has usually worked out for us as well.

Re: On the QBs

Sep 16, 2018, 7:54 PM

Lawrence has looked great so far. but hell hit a big play then disappear for a little bit. hes only played 3 games and will only get better. im confident he can lead us to a national title

Sep 16, 2018, 7:54 PM

he'll

Sep 16, 2018, 7:55 PM

If memory serves me that square peg helped win that game against aTm!

Sep 16, 2018, 7:57 PM

We won in spit of him imo. Texas AM knew the plays we would run the last quarter thus that’s how they came back

Sep 16, 2018, 9:11 PM

I’n my opinion , your an idiot...

*you're***

Sep 16, 2018, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 16, 2018, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: On the QBs ]

Lord help you. Yes TL is dang good and yes we have seen KB be limited in the passing game but to say we won in spit of him at A&M is just something else man.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:16 PM

Dude. We lose at A&M if not for Kelly Bryant. I was there. I guarantee it would have happened. KB put the team on his back and carried us to a win. TL is awesome and will probably lead us to another title one day but you can’t beat his experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:20 PM

Well said dude- I completely agree. KB went into another mode there.

I admit that I have been a silent proponent of hoping Trevor pulls ahead and I think he will, but I gotta say KB is not just going to go away. He is a tough competitor and I wouldn’t be surprised actually to see him flip into another gear and take us for a ride. Though I’d be disappointed in some ways to not see the mythical creature TL soar above and take us to Narnia this year, KB strikes me as one of the toughest competitors we have and I’m telling you he’s not just gonna go away.

This is coming from a “get T Law out there more guy” - it’s just the truth I feel.

Stoob Tiger

Sep 16, 2018, 11:44 PM

How old are you?

Re: Stoob Tiger

Sep 17, 2018, 12:40 AM

I give my viewpoint about Clemson football on a football forum and you ask me how old I am?

What’s your input on the QB situation?

Message was edited by: StoobTiger

Message was edited by: StoobTiger

Stodd1515

Sep 16, 2018, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: On the QBs ]

Put the team on his back? Lol
kb looked pretty good In the 3rd quarter maybe but certainly not the 4th

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive