Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only 2 teams are NCAA top 10 in the total defense & offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,922

Only 2 teams are NCAA top 10 in the total defense & offense

Oct 20, 2019, 12:58 PM

They are Ohio State and Clemson.

As of 10/19/19 per NCAA.com
Defense
1. Wisconsin
2. OSU
3. UAB
4. Utah
5. Clemson
6. UGA
7. Missouri
8. UVA
San Diego St.
10. Iowa

Offense
1. OU - 28th defense
2. UCF
3. LSU - 24th defense
4. Wash. St.
5. OSU - 2nd defense
6. Wake Forest
7. SMU
8. OK St.
9. Alabama - 26th defense
10. Clemson - 5th defense

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

From those stats looks like we could hang with Bama!

Oct 20, 2019, 1:05 PM

and eventually win by 28!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State has played nobody

Oct 20, 2019, 1:13 PM

but no one really wants to talk about that. If recent history is any indication the B12 doesn’t play defense and nobody outside of OSU and maybe another team or two really plays offense in B10. I’m in wait and see mode with both of those teams. Meanwhile if you ask me Clemson has the most complete team so far even though I understand the harsh criticism of our offense to a certain degree. There’s still plenty of time for us to get a lot better on offense before any championship games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State's schedule has been pretty similar to ours, has

Oct 20, 2019, 1:14 PM

it not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State's schedule has been pretty similar to ours, has

Oct 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

I wouldn't call any of their opponents offensive juggernauts. Let me explain as you are probably going who has Clemson played who is an offensive juggernaut. It's a figure of speech about some of the offenses they have played with "well known offensive struggles even against equally average teams let alone Ohio State"! I.E. they struggle with anybody to score let alone a team as talented as Ohio St. Some of the teams Clemson has played can score points at least! Louisville for example just put up 62 last whttps://www.cbssports.com/college-football/teams/OHIOST/ohio-state-buckeyes/schedule/regular/eek. A&M has Mond and Jimbo and a team full of 5 star and 4 star talent. Nebraska struggles. Michigan St. struggles. NW really struggles. Charlotte was averaging a high ppg average prior to playing the Tigers. Seems like they were top 10 in something(maybe rushing). FSU was averaging 31 ppg. UNC was averaging 25 ppg. Penn St. was averaging 58.7 ppg prior to playing lowly Pitt of the lowly ACC. Yet they only scored 17 points at home to beat the Panthers. Northwestern has scored a total of 75 points all season! Yet Ohio St gets credit for blowing out NW who clearly struggles. Georgia Tech is our lowest they have scored 127 on the year. Mich St. 147.

A look at the teams they have played might make you think twice. YOu also have to factor in the fact: Clemson subs players instead of keeping starters in. Some of our wins could have been slaughter houses if the coaching staff had chosen to keep the starters in to run up the score.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State has played nobody

Oct 20, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Ohio State has played nobody ]

The other problem is their passing game.

They rank just 66th nationally in passing...and while I am sold on Fields' feet and athleticism, I am not sold on his ability to beat a team with his arm if he can't run. I still assert he's the same guy who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at Georgia; he's just in an athlete-friendlier system that limits his reads to pretty much RPO stuff. I think he's pretty much another JT Barrett.

This! Alabama and LSU can stress us a bit defensively

Oct 20, 2019, 1:26 PM

but BV’s defense will smother Fields or Hurts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they're about to. Gonna get interesting.***

Oct 20, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Ohio State has played nobody ]

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic