Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,382

Offensive Line

Jul 8, 2018, 10:46 AM

Will it be better this year?

What is your 2 deep prediction?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive Line

Jul 8, 2018, 11:02 AM

‘Yes, the best is yet to come” says Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 8, 2018, 11:12 AM

It’s been pretty darn good the past couple years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2018, 11:20 AM

I thought it has looked pretty solid as well, other than getting destroyed by Bama. That said, I have noticed a lot of complaints on here about the OL, so I figured I would ask if people thought we would be improved this year from last year and what the 2 deep would be like.

Jul 8, 2018, 11:23 AM

We should be fine this year. Next year, a lot of question marks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2018, 3:09 PM

Compare the last 2 spring games. In the 2017 spring game, the QB's were running for their life with no time to get a pass off. This year, with all of the D line back(except Dex), the QB's had much more time in the pocket. I think this shows well for the O line compared to where we were last year and indicates a nice improvement. Only time will tell.

Jul 8, 2018, 3:25 PM

I think it will be marginally better this year. Obviously Hyatt back is a boost and he will anchor LT. I’m guessing Simpson is starting LG and will be an upgrade athletically at the position. My guess Anchrum sticks at RT and maybe Pollard moves inside to play RG or maybe they split again not sure. Either way I think both have talent and experience. Falcinelli back at center is a good thing as he was the surprise player for me last year. Thought we would have a huge drop off with the loss of Guillermo but we were fine.

I think Bockhorst, Carman, Dehond, and maybe Vinson provide pretty solid depth. This could be one of the better lines we have had, however, like one poster noted it could get hairy next year without Falci, Hyatt, and if Simpson decides to leave early. We will need a few of the project lineman to grow up in a hurry like Stewart, McFadden, Reeves, and Giella. That’s why the 2019 class was important for OL and it hasn’t panned out yet.

Jul 8, 2018, 3:36 PM

Hopefully Gage Cervenka is ready to fill in for 1 good year in 2019 at center. Seems like I read something good about him on here in the past.

Jul 8, 2018, 3:55 PM

The best O line in the country would have looked bad against Alabama last year if their offense lacked a deep passing threat. We didn't have enough men to block a 7 or 8 man rush plus the water boy and two "gofers".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2018, 4:06 PM

I agree.

We'll be much more athletic on the line. Maybe not as

Jul 8, 2018, 4:41 PM

powerful in the running game, but much better in the passing game with the potential to be much more unpredictable and productive in both. All three RBs will be much improved over last year, especially Etienne, along with more and larger targets at tight end and receiver. With the pass receiving skill we have, we don't have to be all world on the offensive line(hardest position to recruit?).

The pieces are in place for a quarterback who can spread the field with the passing game to lead a dominant offense.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,382
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic