Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obsessing why Alabama lost to Clemson in Championship game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Obsessing why Alabama lost to Clemson in Championship game

Feb 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

My theory is they are trying to rationalizing why they were wrong in their predictions and analysis. Omniscient Finebaum would rather work cleaning sewers than admit he was wrong. Same with Diptoola. What say you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obsessing why Alabama lost to Clemson in Championship game

Feb 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

Finebaum did admit he was wrong. He admitted it on his own show as well as first take. You can find it on YouTube. With that being said, he's still an sec and bama homer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just like certain students when they get to college.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:24 PM

They've been told for years how smart and intelligent the are so when they fail a class it isn't because they didn't show up or didn't pay attention or didn't do the homework, etc. etc. etc. It's because the class was too early in the morning or too late in the afternoon, or the professor gave too much homework or not enough, or the bus was always late, or the walk to class was too hilly, or the professor was too easy or too hard, or there were too many other classes or not enough to get them motivated, or. or. or.

Trophies are winners.

Excuses are for losers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? Because Clemson was the better team.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:28 PM

But to be specific Venables dialed up the perfect game plan to go against Tua. He knew Tua’s tendencies and weaknesses. Tua played into BV’s hands. BV knew not to give up the big play. He allowed them to run until they got in the red zone and the zones got smaller for our defenders.

On the other side of the ball Bama had no answers for Trevor or our wide receivers. Their defense was beat into submission by a better group of athletes. Of course Bama fans will never admit it but this is why they got beat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why? Because Clemson was the better team.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:30 PM

This about sums it up, but you’re correct, they’ll never admit it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the minnow ears didn't help, can't discount luck with 50/50

Feb 22, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Why? Because Clemson was the better team. ]

balls either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which, by extension, means they

Feb 22, 2019, 7:17 PM

Weren't 50/50 balls...were they? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 2:56 PM

It isn't about being wrong about one game.

They saw a team with more talent (based on their recruiting ranking) lose by 4 touchdowns (and could have easily been more)...

They saw the best coach in CFB history (based on their talking points) get out coached and unable to come up with ANY answers.

They saw the best conference (again, their talking points) have their top team embarrassed..their runner-up run their mouth for month and not be able to back it up.

The team they were calling possibly the best team in the history of the sport got waxed...

It's like their whole world has come apart.

It was like telling a 5 year old that Santa wasn't going to be able to make it this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brilliantness of the highestest level...

Feb 22, 2019, 4:35 PM

I only regret that I have but one TU to give.

Feb 22, 2019, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Obsessing why Alabama lost to Clemson in Championship game ]

It’s the kind of grandiose denial that makes it almost impossible to reason with them.

That's why I don't watch the 'spin***

Feb 22, 2019, 6:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is exactly the main reason they are stressing over...

Feb 22, 2019, 7:35 PM

44-16. The second reason is that they are entertainers and the broad portion of their audience is comprised of morons who hang on their every word even to the point of believing everything they say. That is primarily because they say exactly what the majority of their followers want to hear.

It's fulfillment of Bible prophesy, 'The blind leading the blind...' and they all look like idiots.

I watched film on Bama and ND. I predicted we'd beat Bama 34-17 which would feel more like a 30 point win for us. Even with all the hype about Tua I pointed out that Tua saw phantoms when jerseys of other colors got in the backfield with him.

Those guys know a heck of a lot more about football than me. They just don't watch games with intent on seeing what happens on the field. They are writing their speeches and sound clips during the games and have no time to actually review the action.

They are constantly working and when one says something that draws attention it becomes an industry standard concept. Tua is an illusion built to please listeners. Saban ain't all he's built up to be either. He's been playing with a stacked deck for over a decade now and his bullchit is about to end in pain and misery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 9:09 PM

Today at the end of the end of the show Finebaum was talking to a caller and something came up about the USA hockey win over the Russians being the biggest upset of all time, and then he said, wait you're it...except maybe for the 28 point win by Clemson over Alabama.

That tells you they still think it was a fluke we won by so much and so they should not be blamed for being so wrong!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC/Bama propaganda has lost all credibility

Feb 22, 2019, 10:30 PM

If they can’t give credit due for a four TD blowout over a Bama team that dominated the SEC and was considered unbeatable, then they have no credibility. Just as well admit college football accomplishments on the field mean nothing. And that of course means Bama’s achievements are also meaningless. All of them.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic