Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
O Great Soothsayers: Get your oracle predictions in now for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,106

O Great Soothsayers: Get your oracle predictions in now for

Feb 4, 2019, 12:11 PM

which teams are in the TankoMatic sweepstakes to get the #1 Draft pick in a couple of years time, whenever Trevor Lawrence makes himself draft eligible. Now that Cleveland appears to finally have their QB in Baker (Superfly) Mayfield, it is not as easy to predict as in recent years. If you want to play, propose two teams, one that plays their way into the pick, and another that trades for it. Here are mine.

Play your way in:

Las Vegas Showgirls:
The bride of Chucky, former Oakland / LA Raiders will almost certainly still be bad at this point under Jon Gruden, and he has enough control that he can purposely tank if need be to position his team for the pick.

Trade your way in:

Inglewood Chargers:
Phillip Rivers will probably finally be done throwing passes and making babies by then, and if it can possibly be done, the Chargers will trade away the rest of the draft to get their next QB. They just hope that he will last as long as Old Man Rivers did. Mikey should be an All-Pro by then, so a second Clemson Connection in addition to DW4-Nuk in the NFL is not too farfetched.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O Great Soothsayers: Get your oracle predictions in now for

Feb 4, 2019, 12:26 PM

I have a feeling this may be one of the most interesting top picks. I believe their will be several teams vying for a blockbuster trade on draft day to get TL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you on that. I think it is much more likely that

Feb 4, 2019, 12:32 PM

the #1 pick gets traded that year than any other in recent memory. But, it only happens if he continues to impress at the rate he has done so far. I just pray that he stays healthy and out of trouble. The temptations that he must face on a daily basis now are mime bottling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 12:35 PM

Play your way in

Cardinals

Trade your way in

Cowboys

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, you think the Cowboys will be looking to move on

Feb 4, 2019, 12:39 PM

from Dak Prescott by then? A bold prediction, and, it could happen, who knows?

Re: Wow, you think the Cowboys will be looking to move on

Feb 4, 2019, 5:07 PM

Jerry Jones will be salivating over Treavor Lawrence. Who would you rather have, Dak or Treavor?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 12:38 PM

TRADE IN: In two years the Patriots will be looking for a guy to sit behind Brady for one year and then take over when Brady retires at 45 years old.

Will any of your be able to hate the Patriots with TL as their QB?

Saints also a possibility for similar scenario.

The Pats always seem to have a bunch of surplus draft picks,

Feb 4, 2019, 12:45 PM

but, I think when Brady retires, Belichick is right behind him. So, there might be some uncertainty about what way the franchise wants to go at that time. Additionally, there is enough anti-Patriot resentment amongst other teams that they would not want to give the Pats the opportunity at the next great QB via a trade, I believe.

Re: The Pats always seem to have a bunch of surplus draft picks,

Feb 4, 2019, 1:50 PM

You may be right. But in the case of the Patriots or the Saints, if you know all you're missing to remain at the top of the league is a star QB, I would do what it took to get Lawrence.

Feb 4, 2019, 1:54 PM

Rumors are that Miami is planning on tanking wither this year or next to get a QB. The article I read a couple of days ago said they were planning on tanking for Tua but could wait another year depending on how both Trevor and Tua looks this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,106
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic