Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The entire 'ACC' sucks thing is Miami's fault
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,945

The entire 'ACC' sucks thing is Miami's fault

Oct 23, 2019, 8:24 AM

had they beaten Florida, then lost a bunch of games the ACC would be getting a lot more respect right now. I think its time the ACC drops that dumpster fire and replaces them with UCF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The entire 'ACC' sucks thing is Miami's fault

Oct 23, 2019, 9:17 AM

Miami certainly hasn't added anything to the equation since they joined our conference. That is a fact!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 9:20 AM

Basketball, academics, national spotlight on them even when they suck (just like other has-beens)...

Oct 23, 2019, 9:29 AM

Well, to be fair if Duke had taken care of business against Bama there would be a much different narrative this year also.

No way you can hang it solely on Miami. FSU, VT, NCSU,

Oct 23, 2019, 9:41 AM

GT, BC, Syracuse, Pitt... All have had varying degrees of success that they don't have anymore. Some can be attributed to coaching, some to admin (Miami falls in this category). FSU and VT are just as big a #### storm as Miami, in my mind.

As an aside, Miami's failures in football since Donna Shalala consciously decided to make Miami football irrelevant are indicative of the culture of corruption that was prevalent at Miami in the 80s, 90s, and into the 2000s. They had to cheat to be successful, apparently. Not even Mark Richt could recruit down there without the yacht parties and general thuglife culture. But, Miami isn't solely responsible for the ACC suckfest.

Not really. Only Virginia Tech, Wake and Clemson

Oct 23, 2019, 10:15 AM

have won all of their OOC games to date.

Duke's loss to Bama and, to a lesser extent, Virginia and Louisville's losses to Notre Dame and Pitt's loss to Penn State are excusable, but...

UNC lost to a G5, even if it's the best G5 it's not a good look. Same for FSU's loss to Boise and GT losing to Temple (not to mention losing to The Citadel).

NC State lost to a middle of the pack Big XII team (WVU)

Syracuse lost to Maryland, a bad Big Ten team.

BC lost to KANSAS...by TWENTY-FOUR...at HOME!

Fact is nobody in the ACC has a quality OOC win outside of our win over TAMU, and the conference gets no credit for that because everyone agrees Clemson is elite.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really. Only Virginia Tech, Wake and Clemson

Oct 23, 2019, 10:42 AM

Loss to Kansas was most unforgivable on that list

Oct 23, 2019, 10:52 AM

Not sure i agree, Cuse letting a bad Maryland score 60+ pts looked really bad. The same Maryland that lost to Temple the following week.

Oct 23, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Not really. Only Virginia Tech, Wake and Clemson ]

Loss to Kansas was most unforgivable on that list

I wouldn't say that when people think Texas is all that b/c their two losses are to Oklahoma and LSU. But, Texas needed a last 2nd FG to beat that same Kansas team "AT HOME"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 10:44 AM

They're pretty strong in baseball, actually. But the same could be said for Syracuse, Pitt and BC. What do they bring to the table?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 23, 2019, 12:25 PM

They gave us this:

A new coach with a victory over a top 10 team...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,945
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic