Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not quite worn off yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Not quite worn off yet

Jun 29, 2018, 1:31 PM

The high from winning the NC a year and a half ago still hasn't worn off yet for me. I still smile every time I think about that awesome game, the last drive, Hunter's catch, hearing Chris Fowler yell TOUCHDOWN, and Watson flying around the field after. Sure, there's a lot of coulda woulda shoulda's about the championship game the year before and the loss in the semi's this year, but that national championship still, in Danny Ford's words, makes me "vury proud and excited".
Just sayin'.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not quite worn off yet

Jun 29, 2018, 1:52 PM

I smile every time I hear the final moments of that game!

My gamecock brother called me during the time out right after Bama had gone ahead with 2 minutes to go in the game. He knew Bama had left too much time on the clock and in his words "we are about to witness history!" That will always be my favorite memory from that night other than actually watching Renfrow catching the pass and the team celebrating in the endzone.

Watching USuCk beat us 5 years in a row and listening to Spurrier's mouth was hard to take. But my goodness it is awesome to see how far Clemson has come in the last decade. On the gamecock side of things, it has to be rough realizing that you were so good for a few years only to see their rival surpass them in every way imaginable.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:12 PM

Jun 29, 2018, 2:22 PM

Screw Henry Fonda’s kids.

Jun 29, 2018, 3:14 PM

How about Ricky Ross

Jun 29, 2018, 4:33 PM

That’s better. Thank you

Jun 29, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

Agreed..a waste of oxygen...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

Spurrier is a smart man. He knew what the future held. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont worry about the chickens remember

Jun 30, 2018, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

They are cycling in lol!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 2:24 PM

More too come young grasshopper !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 2:41 PM

I was 12 when we won it all in 1981 ( 1/1/1982) and that still makes me get goosebumps . We weren't very well regarded outside of the conference and the region … and we beat a supposedly superior team in Nebraska , handily .
I don't think many folks had us winning that 2nd matchup against the Gumps either , and if they thought we would win they probably kept it to themselves … save for some ACC teams and those who hate the Tide ( Auburn, LSU ) . We should never forget these times in our lives … or let them wear off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 29, 2018, 5:32 PM

I’m with you, Tigerdug - +1!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 29, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

I agree Dug, but I was a little nervous when Nebraska was down by eight with the ball and we were having a pretty hard time stopping Mike Rozier! I don't think the 2-point conversion had been around for very long and I remember wishing that it had not been instituted.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 9:49 PM

I never had a doubt . My momma said Clemson was winning that night ...so as a 12 year old I knew my momma was right .
To quote David Byrne...
And she was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I missed Miami

Jun 29, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

I was 13, and had to catch it on TV

But I felt good enough about TAMPA to shell out a months salary for three tickets, hotel, etc.

Took two of my kids, and I will NEVER forget that night. They were 17 and 14, and I swore that they would not watch us win the first national championship of their lifetime on TV. The 17 year old went to the NC game in Arizona, too. Now he is a sophomore at CU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

Tigerdug, I had just turned 29 in November of the 1981 season when we won the NC in January 1982!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Not quite worn off yet ]

Wow!
I was in the 7th grade when our beloved Tigers won their first NC and my son (every bit as big a Tiger-lover as I) was in the 7th grade for the second.
The look we gave each other across the room when DW4 threw that strike to 13 is something I'll never forget.
Beauty!
Go Tigers!

I was a junior at Clemson when we won it in 1981.

Jun 29, 2018, 5:30 PM
Boom.JPG(126.4 K)

I watched in in my apartment in Clemson. Went downtown after the game it was nuts.

This time I was in the end zone with my family. I was annoyed when we got end zone tickets but we were right behind Renfrow's catch. Not a better place in the world at that moment.

I will never take those pictures off my phone.

I love this shot of the Clemson crowd after the TD.

High fives, family hugs, shear joy, confetti in the eyes.

Re: I was a junior at Clemson when we won it in 1981.

Jun 29, 2018, 9:53 PM

If you zoom in to the lower left of that shot .. there is ONE Bama guy and he looks to be heading for the exits .

Lol

DB23

Jun 29, 2018, 7:03 PM

https://goo.gl/images/2kYxia

Same. Nothing like it.

Jun 29, 2018, 7:10 PM

That one night somehow magically redeemed years of frustration.

Jun 29, 2018, 7:57 PM

I still think about how all those coots that were pulling for Bama, how they felt when DW4 hit Renfrow in the end zone for the game winning TD and becoming the FootBall 2016 National Champions!!! That had to be one of the worst feelings they have ever had in their lives!!!

I hope it wears off this year.***

Jun 29, 2018, 9:37 PM

Or maybe I should say

Jun 29, 2018, 9:40 PM

"gets warn off this year."

Re: I hope it wears off this year.***

Jun 29, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to I hope it wears off this year.*** ]

I hope that we win another this year and add a nightmare to their conscious everyday lives!!!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic