Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain)

Oct 31, 2018, 8:53 AM

Was it a great sound bite? Of course. However, I personally didn't like it because I and most reasonable people know it's inaccurate. It ain't Bama and then everybody else. It is clear to just about everyone that our program is a clear 1b or 2 to Bama and then there's everybody else. I get it. Dabo relishes that underdog role and he's trying to play it up here, but haven't we outgrown that status as a program? We have the same number of Playoff appearances and Bama the last 3 years and the same number of championships the last 2 years. Bama started off the year clearly playing the best ball in the country. However, we continue to get better week after week. The past month, we've looked and played just as dominant as them. Heck yeah we're on their level right now!

I guess I'm just ready for Dabo to embrace our big dog status to media more and drop the underdog shtick. The next step for him as a coach IMO is still figure out how to obtain the same level of success with our program of the last few years without going the underdog/ we're disrepected/ woe is me route.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL/dr

Oct 31, 2018, 8:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

This is a fake thread...right?

Oct 31, 2018, 8:56 AM

Tell me it's fake...can't possibly be real...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because it is a bunch of 0s and 1s arranged by some

Oct 31, 2018, 12:21 PM

sort of magic doesn't make it fake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL/dr

Oct 31, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to TL/dr ]

Plenty of time to gloat after we beat them in the Natty.

Re: Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain)

Oct 31, 2018, 8:55 AM

Bro...Dabo is clearly making fun of ESPN.
... And he slid it in there perfectly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was it not obvious that it was toungue in cheek?

Oct 31, 2018, 12:21 PM

jeez..

whooosh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain) ]

Sheesh, he was so obviously trolling ESPN, slid in there with the zinger! Maybe those not watching and just reading the line don't get it.

Please put into PPT with three bullets and then add a bunch of meaningless graphs***

Oct 31, 2018, 8:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please put into PPT with three bullets and then add a bunch of meaningless graphs***

Oct 31, 2018, 12:47 PM

I worked for a federal agency than can pump that out before close of business today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 8:58 AM

Dabo is not interested in your feelings. He is only interested in motivating our team to achieve greatness. The fact that he can also poke ESPN for their biased Bama love is just gravy.

Relax and enjoy the ride as we will not always be on top

Oct 31, 2018, 9:03 AM

" relax and enjoy the ride".........on the ROY bus1

Why do you say we won’t always be on top?

Oct 31, 2018, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain) ]

I think we will.

He's just dishing out an extra serving of rat poison***

Oct 31, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you listened to espn you would realize they all say...

Of course Alabama and then debate who after them. He absolutely sized up their bias and talking points with ROY.

Some of us are entirely too wound up.......***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just coach speak. If you to listen to Saban talk

Oct 31, 2018, 9:01 AM

you would think Bama is a perennial 7-5 team.

Maybe I missed it.

Oct 31, 2018, 9:01 AM

I thought it clear that Dabo was being sarcastic and essentially trolling Rece Davis.

He’s evidently tired of the Alabama rhetoric that they are on a level all by themself and then it’s everybody else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is clear to everyone except the national media. Dabo was

Oct 31, 2018, 9:02 AM

not discounting his team. He landed a not so subtle jab at ESPN and others, and he provided major motivation to his team. We're David and Bama is Goliath. And we all know how that turned out.

Re: Not a fan of Dabo's ROY bus stuff (let me explain)***

Oct 31, 2018, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 31, 2018, 9:07 AM

It’s Dabo using his genius to perfectly promote Clemson, motivate his players, and troll ESPN all in one neat phrase. Absolutely awesome! Don’t you realize how many times that will be replayed? He’s literally a PR genius.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just have to learn to ignore coach speak.

Oct 31, 2018, 9:08 AM

They all do it, Saban included. Look back at the first of the year and read how many times Saban was saying they were in bad shape do to their injuries on the defensive side of the ball. Some coaches send messages to their teams through the press. Dabo is well aware of our status. Read his comments about his expectation when the Playoff rankings were announced. He knows we have arrived. It is his personality to embrace saying the right thing. I wouldn't change any of it.

Dabo's bus statement is right up there with calling Louisville the best 2-6 team he has seen, coach speak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should be a pinned post by itself.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:29 AM

And not only coach speak, but player speak. They are all coached on what to say to the media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 10:15 AM

If you are going to "dis" Dabo, then maybe you should get off the bus.

“A great man is always willing to be little”

Oct 31, 2018, 10:22 AM

Nm

We can stop playing the Underdog when the media...

Oct 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

1. Stops ranking us behind inferior teams every single season start.
2. Stops putting us on upset alert every week against worse opponents.
3. Stops referring to Alabama as unbeatable.
4. Etc, etc, and etc.

I think Dabo's comment was correctly directed towards the medias perception of the gap between Alabama and the rest of the nation. It was satirical in tone and delivery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:34 AM

Dabo clearly has confidence in our team and believes we can compete with anybody. We outgrew the notion that any of our opponents are better than us several years ago. We expect to win every game regardless if it's against Wake, FSU or Bama.

He was trolling the media with his comment since the prevalent narrative has been it's Bama and then everyone else. I accidentally ran across a Stephen A. clip on Youtube predicting the committee rankings where he put Bama in every spot and basically said no one else mattered bc they aren't on the same level. It was a perfect way to troll Stephen A Smith as well as any others that have pushed that narrative.

At this point, any objective person can see that it's Bama and Clemson and then everyone else, which many people have said as well.

You missed the point

Oct 31, 2018, 10:50 AM

Dabo trolled ESPN and made Reece say on air NATIONWIDE that Clemson was on their own bus and not on the ROY bus.

Disagree. Always look for an edge.***

Oct 31, 2018, 10:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You asked a serious question which merits an honest reply.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:56 AM

"...haven't we outgrown that status as a program?"

Dabo's humble attitude is a part of the culture he's built at Clemson. It's not so much about not being happy or satisfied with what Clemson has accomplished with Dabo at the helm but that it's no place to rest. It's not time to retire because he isn't finished with his work. It's about knowing that you can't live on past accomplishments.

It's about knowing that this team still has work to do to be the best it can be and not so much about just being better than the next best team. I hope that isn't a new concept for anyone here. It's about not being overconfident because that type attitude ends the challenge of everyone becoming more tomorrow than what they are today.

We should all aspire to do our best today and do more and be more tomorrow. That's the magic formula which Dabo has used to build this program. When that ends our program returns to where we were when Dabo was named Head Coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You asked a serious question which merits an honest reply.

Oct 31, 2018, 12:11 PM

^^THIS^^

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Thanks.

Oct 31, 2018, 1:17 PM

I read that on an internet website but I had to translate it from german.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who more or less trolls ESPN on nat'l TV gets my

Oct 31, 2018, 10:58 AM

vote. He mocked their $EC bias and we all know they took it right on the chin.

Thank the lawd we have Dabo is all I can say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 31, 2018, 12:16 PM

Who cares? Dabo motivates his team the way he sees fit.

Yea.... but

Oct 31, 2018, 12:17 PM

He didn’t say it..... and the ROY BUS bit made made the talking heads praise is..... well played IMHO

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 31, 2018, 12:26 PM

If you actually think that Dabo believes what he said then you are very out of touch with reality. I guess engineers really don't have any common sense!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where can I find the clip...Ive searched and cant find it

Oct 31, 2018, 12:27 PM

was busy last night and didnt see the show.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL/DR***

Oct 31, 2018, 12:28 PM

Keep your distance from our Uranium stockpile.***

Oct 31, 2018, 12:54 PM

Don't want to venture in the minefield...***

Oct 31, 2018, 1:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 1:37 PM

I do think Dabo was trolling ESPN a bit.

But we are 1-2 vs Bama in the last three meetings. Dabo has stated they still have work to do and that they are a good team, but not great yet. I don’t think that part is coaches speak.

The offense has to continue to grow over the remaining games. The line has to protect Lawrence and give him time to go downfield. We have to get yards on the running game and move the chains against Bama....even if we don’t score. That was the difference between the NC game and last year, Bama controlled the line of scrimmage on defense and Clemson could not demonstrate any type of ball control on offense.

Dabo knows what he has and has spoken a lot on competitive depth. I trust the moves he has made and will continue to make. If the offense continues to come around, I like our chances.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic