Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not a big fan of Joel Klatt but he said something the other day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Not a big fan of Joel Klatt but he said something the other day

Jan 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

That I thought was interesting. He said it seemed like Clemson has prepared Bama for a month and Bama prepared for Clemson for a week. Said Clemson coaches probably thought they could beat ND with a very vanilla game plan and new they would see Bama in the championship. Idk if that’s true but it sure does seem like we knew something to beat Bama like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a big fan of Joel Klatt but he said something the other day

Jan 11, 2019, 10:51 AM

Joel Klatt also said Trevor basically had an average game against Bama. He is a clown and knows jack squat about what he is talking about.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:55 AM

One could argue that was an average game..... for Trevor. He can be judged on another level in terms of his performance.

What is average for TL would most likely be a golden day for others.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a big fan of Joel Klatt but he said something the other day ]

Clemson beat the Tide because the coaches had EVERYONE ready to play at kickoff. Especially true of the offensive linemen who were more than dominant in this game. NO sacks against a team that was among the best in the country at sacks. Against a team who had a game plan to totally disrupt the QB. Out played. Out coached. That will win every game. And things aren’t going to change in Tigertown. New faces but same results!

I can guarantee our players weren't preparing for Bama

Jan 11, 2019, 10:54 AM

our Analysts might have been, just the same as Alabama's did. We just outclassed them in every category.

our D was just so much better than theirs this year. Brent held some really nice wrinkles back to use against Tua.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 10:54 AM

Clemson doesn't look ahead. That's probably the one thing Dabo has said more than anything. I don't think Dabo is a liar.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:58 AM

However, When Dabo use to struggled with GT option he did say they practice for them in the pre-season. So maybe he does look ahead but only for preperation.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:10 AM

In the preseason you practice everything. Game week you focus on the next opponent.

Jan 11, 2019, 10:56 AM

I will say this is the 4th time BV JS and TE have played Bama. Bama has 1st year coordinators like they do every year.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:02 AM

The Tide got used to falling out of bed and beating up whoever they played. Once they ran into a team that was their equal and wasn't awed by the Alabama mystique, they folded like a cheap suit from Saban all the way down.

Same amount of prep time, but we had a better staff this

Jan 11, 2019, 11:05 AM

year.

In 2015 we faced Smart and Kiffin. I don't really like Smart or Kiffin, for different reasons, but both of them are #### good at coaching their side of the ball and they were #### good coordinators at Alabama.

This year we faced Mike Locksley and Tosh Lupoi.

Mike Locksley has long had a reputation for being a fantastic recruiter. He's never been known as a great coach. He was a complete disaster in his one stint as a HC at New Mexico. Obviously he's not totally incompetent as a coach or Saban wouldn't have hired him, but he was brought in largely to boost Bama's recruiting, not for his X's and O's brilliance.

And Tosh Lupoi? To be perfectly honest, i had never even heard of the dude until Saban promoted him to DC this year. He might be talented, he might be a good DC one day, but that day was not in 2018. The guys is just 36, he's never had any experience running a defense, and, much like Locksley, the word is that he's a great recruiter and that played a large role in Saban promoting him. But it's safe to say that this wasn't Kirby Smart or Jeremy Pruitt running the Alabama defense.

Clemson just had better coaches Monday night and it showed.

Considering the ESPN/SEC propaganda machine...

Jan 11, 2019, 12:09 PM

and how many years the “it just means more” schtick has been going on, it’s no surprise that the point came where reality is FAR different from the mantra. You’re right - there’s no way a team can replace its entire assistant coaching staff and maintain continuity. Eventually you’re going to pay the price for that. When you add that to the fact that the entire SEC is overhyped, and it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the emperor was nekkid this season. Five star talented yet butt-nekkid in terms of being ready for a better coached, better prepared team with comparable talent.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaching carousel

Jan 11, 2019, 12:18 PM

That wasn't an issue when bama won..

It wasn't an issue when they lost in 16

It wasn't an issue in the 1st half.

It wasn't even an issue at the end of the game.

All the sudden it is an issue..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't think saying Clemson had a better staff than

Jan 11, 2019, 1:21 PM

Bama this year is any kind of excuse for Bama. It's just a fact.

Nope... bama only lost cause they have new coaches

Jan 11, 2019, 1:29 PM

Clemson had nothing to do with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I've only seen message board idiots trying to trot that one

Jan 11, 2019, 1:35 PM

out.

If you want to here the latest and greatest reasons why

Jan 11, 2019, 1:39 PM

A sec loss to clemson isn't really a loss..tune into finebaum.

Jan 11, 2019, 11:15 AM

Those are SEC level excuses...you know, excuses that means more

Jan 11, 2019, 11:28 AM

Bama staff turnover versus our staffs stability may have been helpful. Also the fact there was just over a week between games probably help us. Our basically same group of coaches probably benefitted from multiple looks at Bama. clearly they did a great job preparing the team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joel Klatt is a moron

Jan 11, 2019, 11:49 AM

Bama made clemson punt.. bama scored tds.

Bama has won 5 NC with revolving door coaches.

Bama got their 400 or so yards on offense.

Up until the last drive, I believe bama had the time advantage.

Bama has talent. Tua is still tua.

Clemson executed better in the 2nd half than bama did. Simple as that. I dunno why people just can't accept that.

The 2 best teams met in the NC. They determined who was the NC...on the field... where it is suppose to happen. One team won, 1 team lost.

It is simple.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic