Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else wondering whether college admissions scandal...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Anybody else wondering whether college admissions scandal...

Mar 13, 2019, 10:33 PM

will spread into athletics. The guy who took the tests for all those kids is from IMG Academy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheating the SAT for college sports is as old as the SAT

Mar 13, 2019, 10:38 PM

USC's first probation was partially tied to a basketball player that could only score high enough when he took it in Columbia.

No, the FBI isn’t concerned about academic fraud

Mar 13, 2019, 9:59 PM

They’re concerned about bribes and people receiving large sums of cash without reporting the money. This is why they went after the street level shoe reps (Merle Code) for giving away large sums of cash without anyone reporting the transfers to the feds.

It really amazes me that they thought they could move that kinda cash around without attracting attention from the feds. This is the same dilemma facing all drug dealers and moonshiners, what to do with all that cash, they can’t put it in a bank and use it. The Feds monitors all large cash transfers, and with today’s technology they have gotten very very good at following cash.

Re: No, the FBI isn’t concerned about academic fraud

Mar 13, 2019, 11:55 PM

I don't think that is exactly true. I think that over half of the people were the ones paying the bribes. Not sure why everybody is so up in arms. We are acting like everyone that was turned down was a victim of this scandal.

Mar 14, 2019, 12:31 AM

The people paying were arrested for bribery and the Feds take that seriously.

Mar 14, 2019, 7:20 AM

Not sure if 'bribery' is the word, but I sure liked the Trans AMs that Herschel Walker and Eric Dickerson received during their recruitment. Maybe we can come up with some other word that sounds innocent.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/The-Hershel-Walker-pic-next-to-his-Trans-Am-905609

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/old-news-segment-shows-herschels-trans-am-in-high-school.234291/

Mar 14, 2019, 7:10 AM [ in reply to No, the FBI isn’t concerned about academic fraud ]

"They’re concerned about bribes and people receiving large sums of cash without reporting the money. "

LOL - I think you just described Albert Means recruitment from Memphis (Trezevant HS?) to Alabama. They fired the HS coach for receiving those funds. Oddly enough, the person behind the money was found murdered in Germantown (high-dollar suburb of Memphis), and I don't think they ever solved that case.

In other words, if you do not think athletics are guilty of this, then you aren't watching.

Re: Anybody else wondering whether college admissions scandal...

Mar 14, 2019, 8:41 AM

The two things I know is that it doesnt involve my family and I haven't heard the word "Clemson" uttered in this whole situation. So to me, this is null.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic