Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No field goal attempt...did anyone consider that Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

No field goal attempt...did anyone consider that Dabo

Sep 6, 2016, 3:36 PM

never throws any of his players under the bus and possibly didn't want to say the real reason that he didn't go for a field goal.......previous high snap on our first field goal and the missed extra point! Maybe he thought it was a bad idea to show a lack of confidence in his kicker who was outstanding last year and a new snapper who obviously struggled a bit. Just a thought!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No field goal attempt...did anyone consider that Dabo

Sep 6, 2016, 3:38 PM

My thought is...special teams needed to be the most improved unit coming into this game. Must not be the case. You kick the field goal to ice the game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Sep 6, 2016, 3:38 PM

He had managed the clock down to about 5 seconds before Auburn would get the ball back. No reason to risk it with only 5 seconds left and 80 yards to go. When Gallman ran out of bounds the situation changed and he didn't change his strategy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo. Looks like someone gets it***

Sep 6, 2016, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Obviously Gallman not running out of bounds was the real

Sep 6, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to No. ]

culprit of the position we found ourselves in. But once that was done he had to make a decision, and I guess none of us know the real reason we didn't kick.....and I can speculate just as you and everyone else can. Truth is none of us know....unless we take Dabo's explanation at face value!

Re: Obviously Gallman not running out of bounds was the real

Sep 7, 2016, 12:26 AM

I think Dabo had flash backs of Auburn blocking the field goal on Bama and running it back for a TD.

DW4 taking a knee on 3rd down would have easily

Sep 6, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to No. ]

accomplished the goal. No risk of a fumble or Wayne going OB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... but since he didn't, ... KICK! Those are MY odds...

Sep 6, 2016, 5:28 PM

I disagreed with his call... but the Tigers still won. Get ready for Troy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect Dabo had visions of Kick-6 dancing in his head.

Sep 6, 2016, 5:43 PM

Time & time again, Auburn has shown itself to be the Luckiest Team in America. Considering the miscues in the kicking game & the fact that Auburn had - up to that point - shown no ability to move the ball quickly downfield through the air, there would've been no questioning of the decision not to kick the field goal had Gallman not gone out of bounds on the previous play. But there's a big difference between 5 seconds & 40 seconds remaining, & that decision almost resulted in disaster. Fortunately it didn't. But the prevent defense almost prevented us from winning.

For someone who has no way of knowing...

Sep 6, 2016, 5:45 PM [ in reply to No. ]

you seem to know a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No, just an outstanding speculator!**********

Sep 7, 2016, 6:26 PM

Iptay family nailed it

Sep 7, 2016, 9:11 PM [ in reply to No. ]

Didn't rethink his strategy once gallman stooped the clock by running out of bounds

Re: No.

Sep 7, 2016, 9:49 PM [ in reply to No. ]

Dabo should have run this play...it's one we can keep in our back pocket for when we're in a clear FG scenario but just don't feel like kicking one for whatever reason:

http://giphy.com/gifs/play-insane-field-x6JYuEZQkHLaM

Dabo got the main thing right, we won & our D looked

Sep 6, 2016, 3:40 PM

Incredible and that is what many of us worried about. Go ahead and make reservations for Tampa because the Tigers will win it all this year!!

That trophy is going to look good in the new football operations building!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Amen bro...I'm not down on anything!*******

Sep 6, 2016, 3:45 PM

Sep 6, 2016, 3:46 PM

You may be right but frankly my patience is wearing thin with special teams. Agree that Huegel was pretty solid as a place kicker for us last season (kickoffs excluded), but with an entire offseason I expected much better out of him than what was shown Saturday night, especially after Dabo had been so complementary of his work during camp. So maybe it was snap issues and/or breaking in a new snapper that caused him to struggle, but I hope like crazy that it can improve because missing extra points and field goals can burn you in close games.

Agree totally with you about special teams....running out of

Sep 7, 2016, 12:15 AM

patience. It just doesn't look like they are playing with a sense of urgency.

Sep 6, 2016, 3:48 PM

What's this about a FG? I haven't seen a single thread about it since Saturday.

Keep those thoughts to yourself as we have moved on

Sep 6, 2016, 5:16 PM

To this week's game. Tia

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sep 6, 2016, 5:26 PM

If you rewatch the game you will see that the missed extra point was due to another bad snap. After the high snap and Dabo getting in the snappers face coming off the field, the next snap was the extra point. It was extremely slow and threw Huegel timing off. I think he was worried about another bad snap so he slowed it down. Problem is these will get blocked easily.

There you go! I did not know that the PAT was a bad

Sep 7, 2016, 12:16 AM

snap....making a little more sense to me now!

Actually

Sep 7, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: No field goal attempt...did anyone consider that Dabo ]

The Missed extra point was a perfect snap. It was the only good snap the long snapper made. I have re-watched the game twice now. Having said that I think with the snapping issues and the missed PAT , Dabo did not want to risk another bad snap. We won is all that matters. If he went for the field goal and it was blocked I have no doubt people would be on here complaining that he knew the snapper was not snapping the ball good and should have known better. I am just happy for the win and on to the next game. We have a couple weeks to work out the kinks.

Yeah, five or six times three days ago.***

Sep 7, 2016, 12:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic